Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 9, 2014
Let me get this out of the way first: I despise Sony's proprietary price gouging with a fiery passion. For this much money, you can buy a decent 120GB SSD. But I digress. This card will display 59GB when you look at its storage capacity on the Vita itself. I've included an explanation at the end of this review on why your card will read 59GB when you put it in. For those of you who don't want to read all of it, 59GB is what is displayed and this is not incorrect, nor is saying that it is 64GB wrong, it's just a common deceptive practice in today's digital storage market.

This card, despite being a Japanese import, works just fine on American PS Vitas. What you are buying is a direct Japanese import, not a card that's been localized for North America. I'm using it on my NA PCH-2000 and I've played games from it, it works just fine. The amount of data on this card makes it a far better deal than all the other cards, and you'll never realisitcally fill this thing unless you're a Vita junkie and have a ridiculous number of games from PSN downloads. I put 5 PS Vita games (Borderlands 2 with all DLC, Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Soul Sacrifice, and WipEout 2048) and 3 PSone classic games (Front Mission 3, FFVII, and FFVIII) on here and it's only taken up 9GB of space. You can get by on the 32GB card, but I'd rather not have to worry about disk space, especially for a relatively minor increase in price comparatively speaking. Swapping cards is frustrating on PS Vita, mainly because it requires you to completely reboot, it's nothing like PSP. However, that's on the Vita's end, not this card's.

An explanation on digital storage sizes:

The card holds 64GB measured in metric units as opposed to binary units. What's the difference you ask? This is a fairly common practice that many people misunderstand. This thing will display 59GB to your console, despite the fact that it is in fact 64GB. Why? It's not because 5GB is allotted to "formatting" (it doesn't take 5GB to do that). 64GB is measured in metric units, meaning it is measured as 64 billion bytes, since giga- means billion. In computer architecture, measurements are based on binary units, meaning each power of 10 is actually 10 bits, which is 2^10 = 1024 Bytes = 1kB. Expanding this, 1MByte = 1024kBytes = 1,048,576Bytes, and 1GB = 1024MB = 1,048,576kB = 1,073,741,824Bytes in binary units. However, in metric units, 1GB = 1,000,000,000Bytes. The difference is then 1,000,000,000/1,073,741,824 = 0.931, so metric measurements allow them to display sizes that are actually 7% smaller. If you do the math, 0.931*64GB = 59.6GB, so it's 64GB in metric (what they write), 59.6GB in binary (what the computer reads). This is a common business practice and is how literally every form of digital storage is marketted nowadays.
1212 comments| 311 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2016
It's expensive, but if you use your PS Vita a lot then a 64GB card is definitely worth considering. Moving straight to this from a 4GB card it felt like a whole new world. Lol I now have all of my music (roughly sixteen albums) saved to my Vita (I suggest using a program like Freemake to shrink file size significantly), ten minutes worth of videos, most of my pictures, two cartridge based games, twenty five digital games (including two classic PlayStation games: Dino Crisis 2 and Harvest Moon: Back To Nature), and ten demos on my card, and I still have 42GB remaining. So yeah, this memory goes a long way.

Simply put if you buy games for your Vita often, plan to buy several over the course of it's lifetime, or are a PS+ member and download the games it comes with, then you need to consider buying a 64GB memory card. It's a steep price but it's worth it since you won't have to worry about another card for a long time, if ever.
on March 30, 2014
Its a huge memory card, and if like me you like to keep a lot of games and podcasts on hand its pretty sweet. It has no region locking and shows no slow down when used in the Vita. Just be aware you need a Playstation Plus subscription to back up most of your digital PS Vita games saves. So if like me you deleted games before they added PS+ cloud saving to the system you will have to start from scratch unless the game itself uses its own cloud saves (like StarDrone, Playstation All-Stars, and Soundshapes do to enable save transfers with their PS3 counterparts). Digital versions of Vita only games like Uncharted Golden Abyss and Gravity Daze however can't have their data backed up without the service. Though those two are free with the service itself so if you haven't bought them yet and want them it makes the pill a bit easier to swallow. Just buy a subscription, back up all your saves, then when the new Memory card shows up you're set, get you're games downloaded off the store, touch the '+' icon on the games/app start screen and it'll bring up the download from the cloud option. It's important to note this issue will not effect Physical PS Vita, PS One Classics, Minis, or PSP game saves.
on February 15, 2015
I must say that I was very skeptical about purchasing this because of all the reviewers who had problems with theirs and I was so close to just getting a 32gb, but I took a chance and it has more than paid off. This memory card right from start accommodated all my PS Vita's games and apps, of which were 20gb in total, which is just insane. Imagine if I did get a 32gb, I would have had to order another because it would have just been too small. However one thing, I didn't see in the comments, during the Christmas season was specs. of the ones that did work.
My PS Vita is an U.S. model from the $199 Borderlands 2 Bundle, meaning it's the PS Vita Slim or PCH-2000 model. Also, I didn't have to do anything to my account when I switched cards. My account stayed logged in after I put the 64gb card in and my memory card has just been amazing, it still has 40gb left. For my experience, getting this was a race against time, because I had the 8 gb memory card that came with the bundle as well as a 3 month PS Plus card, which I activated on Oct. 27. For those, who don't know, when you switch cards you're going to have to re download games to your Vita and that won't come with any save data, so I highy suggest that you either find a way to transfer your save data from your Vita to your PS3,maybe even PS4 or something or buy/ get a 1-month PS Plus Subscription or a a 14-day trial for PS Plus and upload your save data to PS Plus storage [To do this go to the desired application and hit the PS Plus sign at the top, depending on the application it should either be the 3rd or 4th to the right and then hit upload and once that's done switch cards, go back to that same application, hit PS Plus, and download your save data back] So from that point forward I needed to get a bigger memory card so that I could transfer my save data to the other c memory card, before my PS Plus ran out. The vendor I chose was Export-from-Kobe and at first, it said would take til Jan. 22- Feb. 12 to get here, but it came around Jan. 13., so I was pleased. I do recommend getting this product if you're in the price range and market for it, especially if your the type that prefers to download your content from the Store, otherwise if you're more of a physical copy person, get either a 16 or 32 gb and you should be satisfied.
on February 16, 2014
Pretty simple; you must have this if you have a Vita. Well, you don't have to. You could carry around all your games on cards. But even then you'd need at least a 4GB card for saves and updates; and a recent Killzone update required I believe around 4 GB (which then reduced itself after unpacking, but still).

The downside is, it's stupid that this is a proprietary card system and costs twice as much. If Sony had gone standardized, I could have gotten a 128GB card for the same amount. The response is probable something about all cards being the same for performance reasons, etc.

Regardless, the card has worked very well and I never have to worry about space. If you ever have to delete a game to make room, you can always re-download it later for free from PSN (true across all devices-PS3/PS4 and Vita).

This is a much more relevant device now too since the PS4 is the new leading console and the Xbone stuff is junk. Makes a great accessory to the PS4 for second screen, remote play, and the whole Sony universe.

Also, PS+ has more than paid for itself already.
on November 9, 2015
I will say only to be careful with this product.

As the most expensive of the memory cards and the most spacious you will be tempted to just download and remove stuff all the time from it, causing some to have a corrupted download that could brick the memory card but leave your system itself okay. It can happen with any download and because I did so frequently, mine died after 8 months of use.

Still for it's price vs Space this is well worth it. Just be sure you keep some back ups and don't end up like I will having to start most of my games over again when I get a new card that is cheaper should this happen again.
on March 26, 2015
I love having so much storage capacity. Through PSN sales I've collected about a dozen games since buying my Playstation TV a couple months ago. This card would be getting 5 stars if the price wasn't so outrageous. I understand Sony's decision to go with proprietary memory cards to cut down on pirating, but they really screwed up with the price tag. Knowing I would need a large memory card because I vastly prefer digital downloads to physical media, I hesitated for years to get a Vita because the additional cost of the memory card made the price of the console unbearable. The only reason I finally got this memory card was because the Playstation TV at $50 was an easier buy-in. But even then it made me somewhat sick to be paying almost double for the memory card that I did for the console that came bundled with a controller, game, and smaller memory card. It's truly a ludicrous price, especially when you consider that the one comparable type of storage storage device, micro SD cards, are 4x cheaper. The real shame though is that I'm enjoying my PS TV, and I'd probably have enjoyed owning a Vita, but Sony screwed both themselves and their customers with their pricing of what I consider an essential accessory for their console.
on May 19, 2016
This card never worked right for me, constant corruption issues, would format and re put everything back on it then a couple days later, data corruption again! grr.. Thanks again to amazon for making this right with a refund :) save yourself the hassle and get a 32gb or even 2 32gbs. from what i can tell they work alot better and for longer.
on May 2, 2016
Even though it delivers closer to 58 GB of space, it's more than enough space for any games you'll want to download and play, or just check out as a part of PSN+'s free monthly game program. The load and access times are good and fast, and the card itself is good and durable (though really once it goes into your Memory Slot, it shouldn't ever really be coming back out again). With a lot of the larger PS Vita games barely reaching 4 GB and the majority of games being closer to 700MB - 1.8 GB, I can't reiterate enough that once you pick up this Memory Card, worrying about running out of space will be a thing of the past. Definitely recommend picking one up, especially with the upcoming influx of solid titles for the console.
on April 12, 2014
When I saw this here on Amazon, this was too good to pass up. Now, I hadn't even gotten close to filling up my 32 GB memory card, but I also knew that games were beginning to use up more and more memory, and so I needed something that would last me a good while. BAM! I saw this for a smidge over $100, and I knew that these were being made exclusively in Japan so I figured that the stock on Amazon may have ran out if I didn't act. I'm glad I made the decision to get this. Also, just a note to other reviewers, $100 is actually a decent price for 64 GB, especially when compared to most 64 GB SD cards and regularly priced flash drives. Now, when I paid that for my 32 GB memory card I was a little disappointed that I had to pay that much when SD cards of the same size ranged anywhere from $30-$50. Another note: It's actually very simple to backup your whole entire system when you're switching memory cards. Just backup your data to your PS3 (not sure if PS4 has the ability to do this), and then after you switch out your cards, just restore your data to your Vita from your PS3, and presto! You've just saved yourself time from having to redownload everything from the PS Store. This is done from the Data Management app installed on your Vita. One last thing: my theory is that memory cards are not going to get much bigger for the Vita, as the more memory you store on a memory card, the more likely that slowdowns could occur. I would definitely count on a 128 GB memory card to be released within the next two years, and possibly a 256 GB memory card in five years, assuming the Vita is still getting support at that time. 512 GB is going to be a stretch. For those waiting for a 1 TB memory card, dream on people!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.