Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,008 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,053 reviews
on May 9, 2014
Let me get this out of the way first: I despise Sony's proprietary price gouging with a fiery passion. For this much money, you can buy a decent 120GB SSD. But I digress. This card will display 59GB when you look at its storage capacity on the Vita itself. I've included an explanation at the end of this review on why your card will read 59GB when you put it in. For those of you who don't want to read all of it, 59GB is what is displayed and this is not incorrect, nor is saying that it is 64GB wrong, it's just a common deceptive practice in today's digital storage market.

This card, despite being a Japanese import, works just fine on American PS Vitas. What you are buying is a direct Japanese import, not a card that's been localized for North America. I'm using it on my NA PCH-2000 and I've played games from it, it works just fine. The amount of data on this card makes it a far better deal than all the other cards, and you'll never realisitcally fill this thing unless you're a Vita junkie and have a ridiculous number of games from PSN downloads. I put 5 PS Vita games (Borderlands 2 with all DLC, Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Soul Sacrifice, and WipEout 2048) and 3 PSone classic games (Front Mission 3, FFVII, and FFVIII) on here and it's only taken up 9GB of space. You can get by on the 32GB card, but I'd rather not have to worry about disk space, especially for a relatively minor increase in price comparatively speaking. Swapping cards is frustrating on PS Vita, mainly because it requires you to completely reboot, it's nothing like PSP. However, that's on the Vita's end, not this card's.

An explanation on digital storage sizes:

The card holds 64GB measured in metric units as opposed to binary units. What's the difference you ask? This is a fairly common practice that many people misunderstand. This thing will display 59GB to your console, despite the fact that it is in fact 64GB. Why? It's not because 5GB is allotted to "formatting" (it doesn't take 5GB to do that). 64GB is measured in metric units, meaning it is measured as 64 billion bytes, since giga- means billion. In computer architecture, measurements are based on binary units, meaning each power of 10 is actually 10 bits, which is 2^10 = 1024 Bytes = 1kB. Expanding this, 1MByte = 1024kBytes = 1,048,576Bytes, and 1GB = 1024MB = 1,048,576kB = 1,073,741,824Bytes in binary units. However, in metric units, 1GB = 1,000,000,000Bytes. The difference is then 1,000,000,000/1,073,741,824 = 0.931, so metric measurements allow them to display sizes that are actually 7% smaller. If you do the math, 0.931*64GB = 59.6GB, so it's 64GB in metric (what they write), 59.6GB in binary (what the computer reads). This is a common business practice and is how literally every form of digital storage is marketted nowadays.
1212 comments| 286 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 5, 2016
I'm going to start my review off by being very frank: If you are an avid PS Vita gamer, don't cheap out and just get this card. No, the memory card is not region locked and is usable on any PS Vita, so no excuses. When you're sitting on the 1GB of internal stock memory that came with the Vita, the amount of decent games you can play within that memory budget becomes little to none. It's worth it in the long run. Yes, it's expensive. I could go on and on about how I and everyone else hate Sony's model of proprietary memory on the Vita, but I'm going to refrain from doing that and try to keep my review focused on the actual card itself

Now that I finally have my memory card, I was able to shake the dust off my Vita that I never played because again, only had 1GB of memory to work with. I've since began downloading some of the free PS+ games I accumulated for the Vita over the last few years of being a PS+ member as well as some other digital titles that I actually paid for. Lastly, don't worry about any data you already have on your internal memory card. After you've inserted your new memory card and powered on your Vita, it will prompt you to transfer your data from the internal storage to your new 64GB storage without you needing to do anything. I included an image in my review showing you the data transfer in progress.

I can now play my JRPGs in peace. Shouldn't have to worry about memory for a while now.
review image review image review image review image
on November 26, 2016
As advertised but no fault of the seller, sony proprietary memory card/slot is rediculously over priced. If they had simply gone the SD card route they would have sold way more vita units. Buying a vita just to find out you need to spend $40+ more for a much smaller memory card or $100 for the 64GB Japan release only card is quite a big pill to swallow and only the hardcore or dumbest of us are willing to drop that kind of cash on something that is so specialized. Its not like i can use this card in anything other than my PS Vita. With that said, I like having the ability to have lots of games installed to fit my random desire to play whatever I feel up to at the moment. I have frequent long hospital stays for which I was very glad to have 20 - 30 different games readily available to me.
on June 23, 2016
Bought this card for $96 in December 2014 and it worked fine until January 2016 when games would randomly be unable to launch. The card fully died on June 2016. The card was never removed from the system and the 8gb card I have works fine. The quality of this 64gb card is not good.
on November 12, 2016
My girlfriend gave to me the PS Vita as a gift is a very nice device besides that I'm a Xbox fan, but this device is very nice, so as a hardcore gamer I have to equip the Vita as it deserves so this is one of the multiple accessories that I bough to.

64 GB of space after 2 years it still have space so is a very good option if you really like to play, to my surprise the price increases almost 8 dollars since I bough it.

Totally recommended.
on October 7, 2015
I'm very satisfied with my memory card. I believe that if you're going to own a PlayStation Vita (PS Vita) you owe it to yourself to invest in the 64GB or 32GB memory card. I think it goes without saying that the price point on these memory cards doesn't properly reflect the current market price for similarly sized ones by competitors, but with Sony making these proprietary... there's really no choice is there?

Being a PlayStation Plus member, and receiving so many free & cool monthly PS Vita games via the service, I was hindered by the measly 4GB memory card that comes with the PS Vita. I can now load up my PS Vita with the games I've been anxiously wanting to keep loaded on my system, without having to constantly delete it so that I can play another title.

For those wondering, the imported 64GB memory card works great in the North American versions of the handheld. It's simply only available in Japan, for whatever reason.
on October 15, 2015
Purchased in April of 2015. Died in Ocotober of 2015. Sony was of NO HELP WHATSOEVER as they claim they never sold or made a 64GB memory card for PSVita. When pressed about matter the "customer service rep" just stated that it isn't on the main website so therefore it cant exist. Just like my 3G/Wifi Vita as that isn't on the website either. So no more Vita for me. I'm trading her in for a ball and cup.
I just find it hilarious that last night it worked fine then turning on Vita today is a black screen, followed by blue blinking PS button then shuts off.
on December 21, 2016
It has not even been 1 year I bought this card, Feb 19,2016. I just bought Unit 13 and Need for Speed, and I can't play them since my card just crashed while i was playing Unit 13, and despite all the searches on the net and being a tech myself I have not been able to recover the memory card even through the safe mode. I do not recommend this for anyone looking for a reliable card. I also noticed on the card the details here states it is a PCH-Z641J on the actual card it says PCH-Z641AA???
on March 16, 2016
It's expensive, but if you use your PS Vita a lot then a 64GB card is definitely worth considering. Moving straight to this from a 4GB card it felt like a whole new world. Lol I now have all of my music (roughly sixteen albums) saved to my Vita (I suggest using a program like Freemake to shrink file size significantly), ten minutes worth of videos, most of my pictures, two cartridge based games, twenty five digital games (including two classic PlayStation games: Dino Crisis 2 and Harvest Moon: Back To Nature), and ten demos on my card, and I still have 42GB remaining. So yeah, this memory goes a long way.

Simply put if you buy games for your Vita often, plan to buy several over the course of it's lifetime, or are a PS+ member and download the games it comes with, then you need to consider buying a 64GB memory card. It's a steep price but it's worth it since you won't have to worry about another card for a long time, if ever.
on February 22, 2016
Overall this memory card does what it says, with a price that seems a bit steep. It is important to note that this memory card has approximately 60 GB worth of memory, as opposed to the 64 GB that is actually shown. This is to be expected though since the memory card itself needs space reserved for things such as system files. If the PlayStation Vita system does not recognize your memory card straight away once you boot up the system, with the memory card in place. Try formatting the memory card itself so the PlayStation Vita system will recognize the memory card, and allow you to utilize the space that is provided.

At the end of the day I no longer have to worry about the memory limitations of the PlayStation Vita system, and I have ample space to download many psp games alongside a decent amount of PlayStation Vita games.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.