Are you a digital nomad, officeless expat, location independent entrepreneur or slow traveller? Do you need laptop-friendly working spaces all over the world? Are you done with scrolling around on Foursquare looking for a good place to work? Sick of bad WiFi
and a lack of charging points
? Disappointed by wading through the jungle of pointless information given in traditional travel guides? Stuck with figuring out how to get your SIM-card and local 3G working
on your phone?
We feel your pain. That's why we made the ultimate product for you. As digital nomads ourselves
we've been struggling with this ourselves for years, until we decided to take matters into our own hands and stop standing around complaining. The result is the world's first travel guidebook series tailored towards the needs of digital nomads, location independent entrepreneurs and remote workers.
The Playa del Carmen
edition gives you all the information you need to get yourself started in this beautiful Mexican town. We kick off with the difficult stuff you need to know upon arrival:
- How to get quick cash without paying outrageous ATM fees
- What living expenses to expect and how to keep them low
- Where to find WiFi and how to politely ask for the password like a local
- What to expect from the local coffee standards
- How to hustle your accommodation
- Where to get your socks washed (without losing one of them)
- Which SIM-card to get and how to get mobile internet up and running
- How to meet other like-minded people (or how to avoid them)
- What to eat locally and what to drink with it on the side
- How to get from A to B without pissing off immigration officers
- What else there is to do besides eat, sleep, (co)work, repeat
The second part of each book is dedicated to specific places for work in the neighbourhood you're most likely to stay at. We have tested each working space personally
and gave honest judgment about them. You'll find the tested WiFi speed
(in Mbit) next to every café, along with our PowerScore
. These describe the relative availability of charging points and how quiet it is without people tripping over your cables. We have visited dozens of cafés and only put in the most welcoming ones for people who need to get shit done. Tips on where to have a business lunch or date are also sorted by neighbourhood.
Handiest of all? You get exclusive access to our online bonus material
, in which you can find an essential interactive map with all the businesses mentioned to use on the go.
Digital Nomads Guides is your ideal travel companion
for life and work on the road. Perpetually. Click on the button "Send a free sample" on the right and start reading now.