Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

Playback [Blu-ray]
Format: Blu-ray|Change

on January 7, 2015
This lower budget horror (aren't they all) had a very strong opening sequence and set the movie up to be one creepy ride and had me watching to the end.

The performance from about half the cast hurts the film a bit, but then again there are very few films in the genre that feature Oscar worthy performances. Though watching the feature the casting director and director seemed to go for looks over talent especially when it came the young females of the cast. Then again the budget could have gone to paying Christian Slater for his role.

The film has a professional vibe to it, as it is well graded and well shot. Also the director did well to mix the bloody gags with both CGI and corn syrup which for the fans of the old school is always a plus. That being said besides the supernatural aspect of this film this feature is pretty much horror-less.

As far as the story goes the film is part Scream and part Halloween and therefore somewhat tired. The story drags on a bit with a lot of nothing gone for extended periods throughout the film. This feature somewhat telegraph its ending a great deal does not try to to hide the antagonist which hurts the thrill factor.

My recommendation; If you're looking for horror in the vein of the 70's and 80's classics this is not the film you're looking for.
on March 21, 2013
I found it interesting from the start. It held your attention and it was sort of complex (everything makes sense at the end). I don't believe in giving spoilers, so I won't - but, you should give this a watch. I gave it four stars as a B flick, but I lean more towards A rated. You have murder, perversion and possession all wrapped up in this film. It's going in my collection of DVD's!
on June 6, 2015
Upper body nudity
Some scenes have a static effect but as the third person view.
Overly used static interference on video footage
TV station staff was killed and no one from the TV station wondered nor called the police
No one heard the gun shots during the day
Blood spatter on the tapes, not even a single blood drop
The bullet that exploded the head did not hit the other character when both are so close to each other.

Poor story development; a lot of holes in the story.
on September 7, 2014
Watched this with my mom (using her account)
We both actually enjoyed it. Other than some sketchy acting sometimes, neither of us can find much to complain about. She was confused about the storyline, but I understood it. The effects (makeup) were well done in my opinion. It wasn't too gross, gory scenes passed by quickly, no jump scares. It's a creepy kind of horror at best.

I'd say it's an ok watch, definitely worth 3-4 stars. We've seen a lot of bad horror movies lately and we were skeptical of this one, but it's loads better than what's out there on Priime
on March 19, 2013
This movie could have been a 5 but there were a couple places where it did drag a bit, there were a couple places where they went for the gross-out (luckily they were few and fairly quick), and the gratuitous boobies.

When you get past that, it was a good story (with plenty of creepy), the acting was good, and the old farmhouse set was great.
on May 31, 2015
I suppose three stars will do, only because I can't even remember watching this movie let alone if it was good or not. Lol. So, I suppose if a movie wasn't good enough for me to remember watching less than a month ago, three stars it is.
on March 2, 2014
I am a huge wuss when it comes to horror movies, especially of the "aaaaah Supernatural being! Can't shoot it, can't hit it with a bat, it can pass through walls aaaaaah!" type. This movie is horrible. Not horrifying, not frightening, not even interesting - it's dull and tedious. I watched the whole thing, hoping for SOMETHING interesting to happen. Nope, nothing. Bad script, no character development, subpar acting.
on February 18, 2015
What happened to Christian Slater that he has to make movies like this? He used to be fantastic; Interview With the Vampire, Kuffs, Heathers...where is that wonderful gravelly voiced actor? Playback is okay, decent run of the mill horror with a Feardotcom vibe to it. Not worth buying but worth watching for free./
on November 23, 2016
The only real creep factor for me, was Christian Slayer's perv cop role. Bizarre. That was about it for me. Glad the movie is free with my Shudder subscription.
on August 22, 2015
Movie was definitely entertaining but I really don't care for the nudity and the teen sexual subject mater, I thought that was tasteless.