- Product Dimensions: 40 x 21 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 18.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B002T5FPE0
- Item model number: PSAH4001
- Average Customer Review: 476 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #61,896 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3 Year Toys Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- No deductibles or added costs. Parts, labor and shipping included.
- Drops, spills and cracked screens covered from day one. Other breakdowns covered after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
- Includes 24/7 tech support - setup, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- File a claim online or by phone 24/7. If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price with an Amazon e-gift card.
- Plans are only valid for new or certified refurbished products purchased in the last 30 days with no pre-existing damage. Protection plan documents will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase.
Playcraft Sport 40-Inch Table Top Air Hockey
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 40-inch tabletop air hockey model ideal for younger kids
- Sturdy MDF hardwood frame sits on any table type
- UL-approved, 100 cfm air-powered motor
- ABS puck catcher allows for quick puck return
- Includes 2 strikers and 2 pucks; measures 40 x 8 x 20 inches (W x H x D)
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
PlayCraft Sport 40-Inch Table Top Air Hockey Review
Many people turn their nose up at cheaper, smaller air hockey tables. This comes as no surprise, really. Many of them are not all that good. However, you are urged to look beyond this. If you want a cheaper table that your children, who may not be all that into air hockey, want to play, you may want to look into one. Let’s look at the PlayCraft Sport, a 40” table.
Who is this table for?
This PlayCraft Sport 40-inch tabletop air hockey table has been built for children or occasional players with very limited space. Simple as that. It is small at just 40” in length. This means the accessories are small. It’s hard to imagine an adult being able to play on this table and look as though they are playing seriously.
It is not going to be ideal for competitive play. It is not going to be ideal for playing every single day. This is a table you are meant to whip out when your children have nothing else to play with. It is a toy, albeit a well-built toy.
How well does it play?
For a small tabletop air hockey table, the PlayCraft Sport does play extremely well. Obviously, the motor is not the most powerful in the world. This means the puck is not going to glide over the surface like it is made of butter. It jumps about a little bit and the puck can be unpredictable, particularly when it rebounds off of the sides of the table.
That being said, the people who tend to opt for this type of table are not after something that provides play similar to the pros. They just want to have fun, and the game provides that in droves.
The accessories (eg. your strikers) are small. They are designed for smaller hands, which, once again, means that this is something built for children. Once your child hits the age of 10, they are probably not going to have fun playing on this table.
It will be too uncomfortable to hold the accessories. Since the table, including the puck catcher, has been designed only for the accessories it is supplied with, you can’t really upgrade it, either.
Quality of the Build
For such a small and cheap table, it has been built rather well. One of the things that surprised us is the fact that the table boasts a solid MDF construction. Most other air hockey tables on the market of this size are just made from cheap plastic.
This means they are rather poorly built and they do not look all that good. The MDF frame means you do not have to worry about breakage as much. It also means the table remains sturdy during intense plays.
Of course, you can’t expect the air motor to be that good. It is going to be low-powered. However, it doesn’t falter all that much. You won’t be having the puck dart about everywhere with this motor, but it is solidly built.
Obviously, since this is a cheaper table, you can’t expect more than two years of usage out of the motor. Anything higher than that is going to be a bonus, but this is not really a table which has been built to last.
Obviously, this table is not going to be for air hockey enthusiasts. It is 40 inches long, but if you are purchasing a table for your children, or to provide a bit of fun from time to time, there is no reason why you can’t go down this route. It certainly is one of the best built small tables we have seen in recent years.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
476 customer reviews
Review this product
Showing 1-8 of 476 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
One of the legs came with hardware backwards. Still was able to screw on.
The fan power not quite enough but for the price it was fine.
Fan was installed correctly!
Now for the life experience part!
This little Air Hockey table was a huge hit during the holidays! Everyone played it at least once. Great for kids from 4 to 16!
And honestly my 18month old had a great time with it too.
The curve corners make all the difference!
So great having people not zombied out in front of a video game or TV movie.
Get one, get playing, get laughing, get communicating!
-some reviews said the fan was on backwards when they got it - the fan on mine was put on correctly (just a few screws if yours was backwards, and would not take much effort to flip it).
-There is sufficient air flow to keep the puck moving easily. i didn't find any dead spots.
-my 3yo son keeps lying on the table (he's 35 lbs), and it has held up so far.
-i like that its made of wood and not plastic (or what seems like wood to me, maybe its a composite, but still its sturdy).
-the red plastic slider that you use to keep score keeps popping off, but not a huge deal to me because how hard is it to remember the score? we eventually just tossed them, since we never used this feature anyways.
-the feet do not have rubber on the bottom, so if you lean on the table (which you shouldn't be doing anyways!) while you are playing on a hard surface, it slides. on the carpet, no big deal. it wouldn't be a problem if my son (like I said) wasn't leaning and laying on the table.
suggest buying extra pucks and pushers if you have little kids. nothing worse than not being able to find them when you want to play! i'm sure some of them are under my couch, never to be seen again.