Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 6,404 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 8,527 reviews
VINE VOICEon September 16, 2017
This was a pretty good read, but it was a struggle through the first half. Since I've lived in the states all my life I'm not familiar with Sweden at all even if I am half Swede. All the weird spelling of names that I couldn't even begin to pronounce for the town's, streets, places, and people made it a real struggle to keep track of what was going on where with who. When there started being long histories of several characters that didn't really have that big of part in the story I almost gave up on it. It only in the last 10% of the book that it all started to get tied together and interesting again.
Perhaps it has been far too long since I've read anything other than quick fun fantasy adventure fiction. By the time I had finished reading this I found that it was a very interesting and entertaining book and I'm glad that I didn't give up on it. So now it's on to the next book in the set.
on May 2, 2017
Book 1 was excellent and the author has created a sequel worthy of respect in its own right. If you enjoy perplexing mysteries that make you feel like you know all the facts known to the protagonist and are still surprised by the turn of events, this book is a must read! You will not be disappointed. Enjoy. On to book 3.
on September 19, 2017
If you loved "The Girl With Dragon Tattoo", you will love this one too. For me first book in this series is the best one, I am not sure why author included some incidents which are not at all related to the main story. Sometimes got bored reading background of some random characters and sexual explorations of main characters but got glued to the book after 60% of the story from where all the parts fall in place.
on May 8, 2016
one of my favorite books ever. I am hoping that more books continue on this full series. I realize that the author is no longer around, do to mysterious circumstances, and the last book was written by someone else, but even that being said one would never have known this if not told. this is the first time I have ever experienced this in reading a series originally written by someone else. The new author that took over for the last book did such an extremely good job that it was like reading or listening to the same author. Very impressive.I hope there are movies in English for all of these books soon.I have seen two movies, one in English and the other not (which I didn't finish watching as I don't like having to read subtitles. but to put all the books in English and in m ovies would be wonderful and I hope they do this. Best books I have ever read. Incredible rendition of a true event.
on September 23, 2017
I was disappointed when this book came to an end, since I know it was the last book in the series authored by Stieg Larsson. I enjoyed book one, liked book two more than one and loved book three. As in his previous books, Larsson interweaves various storylines to create an intricate plot and he provides closure at the end of the book. One of the aspects I liked most about the book was the character development--specifically of Blomkvist and Salander. I recommend the series to anyone interested in an engaging story with engaging storylines and excellent character development.
on January 4, 2012
The book was so SLOW! The original characters are still really good and interesting, especially Salander. But the book is so slow! Page after page the story goes nowhere and you're forced to read 5 pages at a time about meaningless details about unimportant character's jobs, lives, dates etc. I actually for tired of reading and realizing I was only at 18% of the book. For the first time ever I just read a synopsis online just to find out how it ended. Reading over and over again how the main character just keeps on getting more and more enemies gets really tiring and a little ridiculous and how apparently 95% of men in Sweden are sexist, neanderthal-like pigs is even more annoying. I was so disappointed since I enjoyed the other two books so much (except for the rapes)and this one was also worth so much more than the other two.
on May 21, 2015
Three people are murdered at the little town of Enskede and Odenplan, and it is the task of Mikael Blomkvist and his colleagues at Millenium to discover who did it.

We hear about Blomkvist and the team at Millenium who must investigate the crime. While the names can be a bit difficult to remember, it is interesting reading. Larsson gives a lot of background information that helps the reader to understand the various roles that the people have in the investigation.

Lisbeth Salander plays a major role in the book; we learn about her idiosyncrasies and learns more about her, as she is suspected of killing the three persons. But it is also interesting to follow the investigation at Millenium, and in particular the role that Mikael Blomkvist plays in the story.

"The Girl Who Played With Fire" is an excellent book by Stieg Larsson, and in my opinion better than the preceding book in the trilogy, "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo". The ending is propably the best part, so if you feel that the book is a bit long, don't give up; you have the best and most exciting part of the book to look forward to.
on April 30, 2014
I only gave this four stars as I think that the first 20% of the book can be skipped.SPOILER ALERT. Basically she travels around the world and has some adventures that have nothing whatsoever to do with the rest of the story. If he had dropped this part and started when she arrives back in Sweden I would have given this a higher rating. Once back in Sweden the story takes off and has many twists to keep you turning the pages. The book has very good pacing once back and kept me guessing as to what actually had occured and who had done what to whom. Although this is a still a dark tale of the soul, unlike the first book there is not as much explicit description of sexual deviation as in the first book. The author creates characters that seem real. They may not like each other for some vague reasons or even no reason at all, just like life. On a lighter note , at least in the early oughts in Sweden, it seemed to me as though they must have consumed huge amounts of coffee. It was as though throughout the book everyone is either drinking coffee or making coffee or offering to make coffee .
on June 6, 2010
"The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" received such rave reviews that against the usual, I bought the book straight-out rather than trying a Kindle sample. And I was very annoyed after attempting to read the first chapter of the first book in the series many, many times. It opens on a court case I don't understand with a character I've "never met," and I kept thinking, "whuh?"

Once I committed to just FINISHING the first chapter and then entered the second, the story flew. In the end, I'm glad that I came in late. I was able to enjoy the complete series one after another. It is a gem. I appreciate that it's a thriller that isn't Ameri-centric. I thoroughly enjoyed the smart attitude and surprises throughout. And the translator, Reg Keeland, did an exceptional job.

Loved it, loved it, beginning (after all) to end. The only problem? After enjoying a solid week with Mikael and Lisbeth. I fear suffering Character Withdrawal.
Given the multitude of reviews that aptly summarize what this book is about, I'll just say that The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest is an admirable conclusion to Stieg Larsson's highly successful trilogy. On the plus side, the book provides a credible, mostly satisfying wrap-up of the various plots and sub-plots carried forward from the first two books in the series. Further, the concluding 150-200 pages provide a fast-paced, satisfying read. However, the reading experience leading up to the concluding pages was often tedious and, at times, boring. The primary reason for this is that Larsson filled the book with a lot of minutiae, too much detail and so many minor characters that I felt I needed a scorecard to keep track of who's who. The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest would have, in my opinion, greatly benefited from some serious editing that resulted in the book being at least 100 pages shorter. For me, this book is a good example of where "less would have been more." In addition, while the book is generally satisfying, it basically lacks suspense and is predictable. There's no way that most readers of the first two books in this series aren't going to want to read The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest and will likely be satisfied with the experience overall. But, before doing so, be forewarned that this book is very unevenly paced and, for the most part, slow-paced (especially during the first third).
1111 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse