Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno
Customer Discussions > Bayonetta - Xbox 360 forum

Played the beta, not terribly impressed.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 19, 2009, 12:47:26 PM PST
R. Pickman says:
I was given a beta code from Sega for my 360 and took a couple hours last night to test it out. It comes across as a Devil May Cry clone with a female protagonist. I think that the glasses, beehive and uni-tard with the frilly sleeves are just obsurd as well. Not to mention the shoe guns. It's basically a gothic brawler with swarms of enemies and lots of combos. Obviously this will be appealing for some, i.e. DMC fans, but it didn't really do it for me. The graphics are very well done, and obviously the final version could be a vast improvement over the beta. Just wanted to give some folks a heads up.

Posted on Nov 26, 2009, 1:33:49 AM PST
The thing is, all the negative things you said, how you didn't like the clothes, and the shoes, etc., you could have easily made that observation by looking at pictures. You could have looked up videos on Youtube to see the combos and that it was similar to Devil May Cry. Yet you still signed up for Sega Pass, yeah I know about it, I too recieved a chance to play the demo, to get to play the demo early. Ok, you can say you were already a member and they sent you the code, you didn't have to download it. Im willing to bet your angry at the fact they didn't show you enough skin and you were left with your pants around your ankles with a deep sinse of let down. For everyone else, the real flaw is that you tend to loss track of the action when your battling multiple enemies, and when she does special attacks like, making a giant high heel appear and crushing her enemies.

Posted on Dec 5, 2009, 4:28:17 AM PST
Justin Scott says:
I downloaded and played the recent demo on my XBOX 360 and I loved it! This game is sick! I can't wait to own this gem. I thought that the whole fighting system worked incredibly flawless. Your loss, my gain. The graphics are insane and the lead character is freakin' hot! I'm all in on this one.

Posted on Dec 5, 2009, 10:51:25 AM PST
I think this game is really amazing. Reviewers already love it, so we'll see how it is very soon, and I'm excited! :)

Posted on Dec 7, 2009, 12:50:49 AM PST
Lucas Black says:
I, too, downloaded the demo. Sure, it's reminiscent of Devil May Cry and God of War (and even a touch of Viewtiful Joe) but I love it! The combat system is so tight, the moves are fluid, the graphics are sleek, the music is catchy, and Bayonetta herself, well, visually delicious.

But that demo is way way way too short. I can't wait for the full version.

Posted on Dec 7, 2009, 10:22:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 7, 2009, 10:24:10 AM PST
Jimmy Tran says:
I downloaded this last night for my 360, and it was pretty nice but short. It's so crazy that at times I wasn't even sure what I was doing exactly. I need to download the demo for my PS3 since with these types of game I prefer the PS3 controller, but I heard that the graphics aren't as good since it was originally programmed in the 360 then ported over.

I was on the fence, but hearing the gameplay should be 15-20 hours I think it'll be worth it as a Release Day purchase.

Posted on Dec 7, 2009, 11:15:07 PM PST
Cloud says:
The game pre-demo was "looks fun, I'll check it out", post-demo was "damnit, now I got another game to buy"

The demo was fun, music was okay and camera turning was slow and the demo ends a bit abruptly, at least the God of War III demo ended really awesome, this ends like "oops, time's up, go away now"

Posted on Dec 14, 2009, 7:31:16 AM PST
I can definitely pass on this one after playing the demo.

Posted on Dec 14, 2009, 3:46:26 PM PST
The demo does a good job of showing you how versitile Bayonetta is. I was already sold on it before playing it, but doing so only cemented my purchase.

Posted on Dec 16, 2009, 1:05:08 PM PST
Shanghaied says:
Scratching my head a bit at Sega for this title. It seems cool and props for the risk of taking a new IP out to show, but I think they need to go back their library and stick out another Shinobi. It and Nightshade were amazing games; for some reason Bayonetta reminds me of them without seeming quite as cool. The demo just seemed a little too unorthodox, without being bad mind you.

Lets face it, Hibana and Hotsuma were the ****.

Posted on Dec 17, 2009, 6:34:59 PM PST
Zyzsic says:
I was on the fence about this game. Figured it would be a DMC clone with a female lead to draw the "perv" factor of market in. However recently DL'd and played the demo on XBox. Makes DMC/GoW feel like 8-bit Mario. I happy to say I was wrong and look forward to playing it. When I realized her suit is in fact her hair it caused me to quirk an eyebrow. The one complaint I have based off the demo is the flow the music from one song to the next, it doesn't. A small qualm to be certain.

@Cloud: You can adjust the speed of the camera's rotation in the options menu. Its default is the slowest it can go.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2009, 4:15:54 AM PST
J. McWhorter says:
You can adjust camera sensitivity brah.

Posted on Dec 30, 2009, 5:46:23 AM PST
Anyone who has both systems really needs to get this game for the 360. Check out ign.com for the reason's why.

Posted on Feb 10, 2010, 4:16:41 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 10, 2010, 4:17:18 AM PST]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2009
Latest post:  Feb 10, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about
Bayonetta - Xbox 360
Bayonetta - Xbox 360 by Sega of America, Inc. (Xbox 360)
4.4 out of 5 stars (198)