Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on April 3, 2015
Good disc with Marsalis and crew; makes me happy. Craggy solo lines put me off a little bit, but I'll go with what they're doing. I redacted the album title on the paper insert. Didn't want to have to explain to my grandchildren what Four Mf's are. Buy it.
on October 24, 2012
I learned about "Four MFs Playin' Tunes" in a local newspaper review. I was always a big fan of the Marsalis family's music and Brandford was always my favorite even though Wynton is much more famous. I met Brandford back stage when he played at Stockton State College in New Jersey many years ago and he was just like plain folk. His quartet's Four MFs Playin' Tunes is now my favorite jazz album. I love every note from the beginning to the end. I never tire listening to it. Get it you will not be disappointed.
on March 14, 2014
This is one of the better recordings of Branford. He has experimented with a number of aspects of the music. In this recording he gets back to roots of the music. This straight ahead. A keeper!
on November 26, 2012
Branford Marsalis is still one of the best saxophone players around. He is a jazz man with a funky soul, R&B groove and can make finger popping music."Whiplash", my favorite song on the CD, is properly named. It will make your head bob and rock to a jazzy groove that is infectious. The other 3 Mf's are a wonderful compliment to their leader and I can't wait to see them play this one live.
on June 10, 2014
My son and I had just seen Branford and the group in concert in St Petersburg FL. He played the whole CD and just about blew our minds! Superb! (what else?)
on May 12, 2014
I saw this set live and this is an excellent rendition. You will not be disappointed in this superb recording.
on December 6, 2015
Always enjoy Marsalis. The music always pleases.
on November 18, 2012
If you are familiar with Branford Marsalis and the groups he has worked with in the past, this new album, and new group, fall right in line. This is easily my best purchase of the year. Just when you thought Braggtown was the top of the hill, he has raised the bar higher once again! Don't even think twice about about this one! Buy it asap and enjoy! Thanks Branford!!!
on November 25, 2012
Branford Marsalis's latest album is a delight. His focus on melody in his compositions and improvisation is very impressive. Not to mention the killer group he has with him. The first track, which is a composition of the pianist, has permanently implanted itself in my ear. Great music.
on September 3, 2013
This is probably one of the best jazz groups right now! Love the sound, tunes and playing! Branford and Calderazo are out of this world!