Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 29 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 36 reviews
on December 19, 2010
We absolutely love this toy...in fact, we like all the Playskool gear toys. It is not just something to look at, it moves too! There is a handle on the back so the toy can be easily pushed and pulled. When it moves all the gears (and also the eyeball) rotate around. Our daughter loves it when we push it around, she will grab it and move it herself, and she ABSOLUTELY adores when we roll over her with it!! The noise this makes when moved instantly attracts her as well. There are little fabric pieces on top of its head that provide a soft surface on the otherwise plastic toy that she can grab at. The gears are detachable and very easy for a child to lift up themselves (our daughter carries them off with her frequently). The coolest thing is that the gears on this toy are compatible with the other gear toys from Playskool (Busy Gears and Musical Ball and Gear Center). Bonus!
on December 17, 2014
This toy made it through 3 boys. I like the idea, but as babies none of them were ever really able to move it on their own. They always enjoyed watching, though. As they got older (and more destructive) I would just find the gears all throughout the house. Eventually I got tired of cleaning them up and donated it. If I had it to do over again, I would not buy this.
on December 30, 2010
This is a great toy. My 11 month-old figured out quickly how to push and pull the toy from the handle on the back. When all put together, it makes a great sound with the gears moving as it goes. She loves that she can pull it apart and play with the gears. For the price, I'm very happy. Its very durable and simple and no batteries (the best of all worlds!). Also, we try to get her toys that teach her how to interact with the world. The simple act of taking the toy apart and playing with the gears, and then reassembling them again makes this a great educational toy.
on April 6, 2011
The eyes rotate when the wheels move. The gears move when they are properly placed in the toy. There are some different texture patterns on the wheels and the floppy fabric 'ears.' The toy is fairly sturdy, although it seems like every bit of this toy could have been pushed a bit further for better value. Unfortunately, the gears don't turn anything except themselves, and they don't all work together. Two gears sit atop the back wheels and move with them, while the other two gears sit atop the front wheels and move with those. I was disappointed that the gears really don't do anything.
on September 5, 2011
I thought this little critter was really cute, and got it for my son when he was about 6 or 7 months old. He will sort of push it around, but loses interest quickly. He mostly just likes to chew on the gears. He is now 11 months and still not too interested. It's still a cute toy and I hope he'll grow to like it a little more, but for now it's not a winner in our house!
on January 16, 2011
My little one is 10 months now and loves this toy. He likes to pull out the "gears" as well and try to make the gears go! It is nice that it does come apart (the gears come out of the critter) so a child can learn to reassemble as well as chose to play however they want. I recommend this toy if you have a child who likes things that spin!
on September 10, 2016
Perfect learning toy for young children.
on December 15, 2010
After I bought this, I sort of had buyers remorse. I really wasn't sure if my 8 month old twins would be into it at all. I was wrong, they love it! They love both the gears and the critter. They love to chew on the gears, bang them on the floor and hold them. The handle/tail on the critter is great for little hands to push and pick up. I can entertain them for a long time, pushing this toy across the floor and having them chase after it. This toy is one of the first toys they go after, so glad I purchased it.
on December 6, 2012
Got this for very young grandchildren...They both loved it when they were quite young and now at just over a year it still comes out of the toy box every time they are here...They enjoyed it most when they were just beginning to sit alone and could remove the gears and then put them back in place....
on January 8, 2011
This was a gift for my baby granddaughter (I really bought it for her dad's amusement. He's such a gearhead and wants his kids to have mechanical genius, too!) My granddaughter loves it and plays with it everyday. The gears come out and can be rearranged. Well made toy.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.