Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Playstation 2 Memory Card 16MB
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on February 5, 2011
This is an officially licensed product and works great with my Playstation 2. It has twice the capacity of the standard PS2 memory card and comes in handy when you've got a huge library of games.

This MagicGate card contains 16MB which is divided into two seperate pages. With the card inserted into your PS2, you press the button with PS logo to illuminate page 1 or 2(each page contains 8MB).

So the only thing is you need to remember which page contains the game data you need. But switching between pages is quick and easy so accessing data is a snap. About the same price as a standard card and twice the memory, it's a good deal.
on November 21, 2011
After reading one of the other reviews on here I was already prepared for this, but the item I received was a generic version 16MB memory card for PS2 (brand new in packaging, but not labeled/branded as PS2 or MagicGate). It works fine with my old ps2 (the non-slim version), and for $7, I have no complaints.
However, you will be dissapointed if you are expecting the item as pictured on here, or the following features listed in the description: MagicGate encryption; Comfort gripping; Glow indicator light.
I would give the item 5 stars for price and functionality, but due to the misleading description & picture, I feel like I have to bump it down a couple.
on November 15, 2011
Item received was not what was shown here. It is a generic 16mb card and not a Sony branded one. If you search Amazon, you will find the generic card. The card works and was recognized by the PS2 immediately as a 16mb card, but people should get what they order. Don't be surprised if the card you get doesn't look like the one pictured here.
on July 16, 2011
This memory is a nice buy at a good price considering that you get two memory cards for the price of one. Sure by today's standards even the cheapest sd cards and usb have way more memory for the price, but the ps2 is a venerable relic of the last tech generation with a huge library of great games so you just play along with its rules. I've had friends one have been rooked by cheap memory with a 64+ mb that couldn't be recognized. So I just stick to the old reliable 8mb licensed sony product that I know will always work. This card nicely wraps two of them up in one slightly bigger stick that is to quick switch between them. As person who has a lot of games and has completely filled other memory cards I would recommend this to any one who needs some more memory space to revisit the old ps2 classics.
on September 20, 2011
At first I was a little sketchy about buying this, seeing as how the default size for Playstation memory cards is 8mb. but this card works great. Once you start your ps/ps2, theres a red light indicating which slot is being used. It does exactly what it says and I haven't had any problems with it. So save your money on the expensive 8mb cards and buy this one. double for what you paid for!
on January 14, 2013
After fishing around Amazon for quite a bit and comparing reviews and stuff, I settled on this card because it looks legitimate.

I chose right. I read previous reviews about it not being the same as pictured. I don't know if the picture was updated or not. But I got exactly what is pictured now (PlayStation 2, MAGICGATE, 16MB etc, PlayStation logo button, 1 and 2 lights, etc). I purchased this during the fall of 2011. It also says Katana Game Accessories Inc. on the back.

This memory card is super reliable. Haven't had any problems with it. Wish I had bought two of them just in case. But I haven't had the need to save beyond this card yet, because I've only played about ten different games. I highly recommend this awesome deal!!! \(^ o ^)/
on February 26, 2013
Correct product arrived exactly as described and pictured. "Katana 16Mb Memory Card with MagicGate". New, sealed in original retail Blister-pack. Package carries the Playstation 2 and Katana logos, and an "Authorized Product" PS-Logo hologram above the words "Official Licensed Product". Cartridge is exactly as shown. FWIW: Either problem has been resolved or I got lucky. Posting this because other reviewers did not receive the advertised product. (2013-02-26)

4-Stars
Pros: See above.
Cons: N/A - Have not opened / used the product yet.
on May 16, 2014
I will not be extensive. The card was not damaged upon shipment and upon usage did not indicate any damaged sectors. The ability to switch between two different 8MB partitions is convenient in that each partition can be shared between two different users without necessarily having to use another card.

The only con, which does not, in my case, constitute a negated star, is that if you want to transfer data from one partition to another, then you have a problem that cannot be fixed. Overall, I am satisfied and hope you are too.
on March 11, 2014
Okay so I braced myself when ordering this because so many reviewers gave it high marks but low stars because it wasn't the item that was advertised. I just wanted to say that the item I got was exactly as shown, right down to the licensed Playstation 2 icon, and containing Sony Playstation 2 marks on the actual memory card. Great product. I guess people who might order this might order at their own risk but could not be happier with this
on May 7, 2013
good ps2 memory card.... i dont wanna have to rebuy all the ps2 games i have on the psn for my ps3 so i just got a new memory card and use my ps2 still...thing lasts forever i have the original big one