Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 567 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 673 reviews
on September 28, 2013
Stylish and functional - I like it a lot. Here are my impressions:
- Large base that keeps this stand upright, no worries about it tipping over as you plug/unplug controllers.
- Assembly is simple, it comes in 2 pieces and you gently press the base and stand together until 4 tabs snap into place.
- Both ports have their own red/green indicator lights in case you were wondering. The bottom light is not readily seen in the photo.
- Plugging a controller in is as simple as lining up its female charging dock with the male charging doo-hickey sticking out of the stand
and then firmly pressing the controller into place.
- The version I bought (for $20) has NO USB charging ports, unlike some reviews I've read here. However USB ports are irrelevant for
my needs.

I'd recommend this for its value, style and functionality.
review image review image
on September 20, 2013
I purchased this charger after realizing that charging PS3 remotes via the included USB cable is annoying and not very reliable. This Energizer item plugs directly into your wall outlet, so there is no concern with the power being on or if the USB ports are self-powered or machine powered. As soon as you plug in the remotes, a red light appears, letting you know that the remotes are being charged. Once the remotes are complete - the light turns to green. That easy! There is also a USB port on this, so you can plug in a USB cable to charge another device (I personally use it to charge my Bluetooth Headset, also for the PS3). The package is well constructed and small enough to fit behind my HDTV. I've had this for quite some time and the connections are still tight and hold the remotes in place during the charging process without issue. The remotes fit perfectly on top of one another and don't require you to be an origami expert in order to figure out how to make them stack.

If I had a complaint, it would be that the connection port (front load) is a bit unwieldy. In order to plug the remote in, you have to hold it in the center and firmly press it onto the USB port - and with big fingers like mine, I often hit the PS button, which turns on the PS3. Not a fun process, but not a deal breaker either. I certainly do not have a better idea on how to make the connection to charge these remotes, so I can't complain much - but that is just about the only thing I could point out negatively about this device.

Overall, it does what it is intended to do - charge your PS3 remotes. Combine that with the included USB ports and you can even charge your other PS3 devices or anything really that has a USB adapter cable (cell phones, iPads, etc).
Purchased for my sons ps3 and it never would really charge right. My buddy has one and it works great so we got one. After reading the reviews it seems you are rolling the dice on this if it works or not. Ours didnt. Once you got it to connect, which would take a while fidgeting it around it would show red for charging and then go straight to green on a dead controller. I ended up just charging them on my pc through an extra USB port. We recently got an Xbox One and I wont waste my hard earned money on these anymore. I hope this helps. Happy Shopping!
on February 3, 2014
Unlike some PS3 chargers on the market, this Playstation 3 Energizer Power & Play Charging System works independently of the PS3 console. No USB connection to the PS3 console is necessary. All it needs is an AC outlet. Like the PS3 console, it contains a smart circuit that turns off the charging current when the controller is fully charged. An AC adapter with 100-240V 50/60 Hz 0.2A input and 5V 1A output comes with the charger. It can charge two controllers at the same time. I have only one complaint: To plug in the controller, the user has to line up the controller socket perfectly with the cordless USB 2.0 mini-plug of the charger. It takes some practice. An LED light turns red when a controller is under charge and turns green when the charge is completed. It took 1-1/2 hours to charge my controller from 1-bar to full charge. I highly recommend this Energizer charger for PS3 owners.
on July 16, 2017
This does EXACTLY what they said it would. It charges 2 PS3 controllers independently from the console. Plugs in perfect and even has 2 USB plug in ports on the side for other controllers or anything that needs to be charged with a USB.

Update...
The 2 USB ports on the side are not working, but the chargers are working great. So I took one star off for the ports.
on November 25, 2016
Works great for keeping my controllers charged.
I love this one, specifically, because my PS3 controllers seem to refuse to charge from normal phone power bricks or anything, so I needed an external charger.

Doesn't to take too long to charge!
review image
on March 11, 2011
Product: Energizer Power & Play Charging System for PS3 (by Performance Designed Products)
Rating: 4 stars

I finally gave in and upgraded my multiplayer capability by getting an extra controller, and adding bought a PDP charging station for my controllers. It arrived today, and so far I'm pretty happy with it ... I've been able to get rid of the rat's nest of charging cords cluttering my entertainment center, and now I'm also forward compatible if I eventually get a bluetooth voice unit.

LIKES:

* Appearance: The unit has a sleek and elegant design. The bi-color clear charger guides are attractive, and informative (they glow red when actively charging, and switch to green when they detect a full charge. I haven't checked their draw yet, but given that they use tiny LEDs, their standby draw is bound to be quite low.

* Stability: The stand clips very securely into it's wide base, so it's completely free from wobbles, and the low-profile rubber feet on the bottom prevent scratching of furniture.

* Space saving design: The ability to stack the controllers, and condolidate 2-3 charging cords into just one is a welcome upgrade to my former setup.

DISLIKES:

* My only complaint is that in their efforts to make this unit as visually appealing as possible, they also made it slightly awkward to insert the controllers into the charging slots ... you have lean fairly close in order to properly align the connection, and you have to use 2 hands (1 for the controller, and one for the top of the charging unit's arm) to successfully seat a controller diagonally upwards into its charging connector. They could have made the connection process a bit more ergonomic than it is. Still, it's a minor nit.

* My other minor nit is that if a controller is connected to the charger, the LED light never turns itself off, which adding night time light pollution to the bevvy of other electronic devices cluttering my living room.

Bottom line: recommended.
on May 21, 2012
I bought this back in December of 2009. This thing is the best thing I ever bought when it comes to the charging of my PS3 controllers. It is still working great after all this time. I bought another one as well during that same time and it is working great as well.

It comes with everything needed to connect your two controllers. It has a LED on the device for each controller that indicates when the controller is charging or is fully charged. It stops the charging when it has been completely charged. It is easy to set up and use. It comes with an AC charger and the controllers fit in nicely.

I would definitely recommend this charger over others and time has told me this continues to work over time.

2/9/13: Still working great. I love this charger and have bought more along (gifts, etc) the way with no complaints.
on February 5, 2017
It actually works. I didn't have high hopes for this; not sure why but thought I'd give it a try. But I've used it several time, it charges my controllers very well.
on July 12, 2010
If you have a PS3 and play it often, you need to have this charger. The base holds 2 controllers and will accommodate another 2. It will even accommodate the PS3 Bluetooth Headset, if you have one. Works just as advertised. We are very pleased with the performance of this product. Our PS3 controllers are now always fully charged. That is certainly a good thing. The unit just looks great too. Very sleek and stylish. Looks great in my equipment rack. When you first plug in a controller, it turns red to indicate it is charging. When charging is complete, the unit turns green. It will NOT overcharge your controllers which is a great feature. This will ensure the battery in your controllers will last and not get burned out by the charger.

As far as I am concerned, this is a must have product for your PS3. It looks and works just perfectly. Not a problem getting the controller into the unit. It is very easy and fits the first time. As mentioned above, I am very satisfied with this product.