Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Playstation 3 Energizer Power & Play Charging System
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on June 27, 2009
Just orderd this item (energizer power & play for Ps3) and it works great charges quickly looks sleek and very sharp,but it is a lil light weight but it serves its purpose and is fairly sturdy. The one issue that i had was after you connected controller light is red during the charge stage, when charge is complete it than turns green- i could find no info about whether or not i could leave controllers on charging unit-would it continue to charge and burn the controller down over time(afer doing my due dillegence and thorough research) the answer is no--once controller is fully charged the light will turn green at that point there is no need to disconect power because that channel stop producing charge- one would think otherwise seeing the green light but this unit in fact stops the process doing no harm to controller so leave it on all day it wont ruin controller--figured this might help--
2020 comments| 559 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 29, 2008
I read some mixed reviews about the Pelican version of this exact same product and did not want to buy one of their units. I then saw that Energizer has the EXACT SAME product but with their name and warranty attached to it. That made me feel perfectly comfortable and I ended up buying one. It's been really good so far. I am able to plug the controllers in easy with one hand now so it's not as bad as I thought it would be. The lights are not as bright as other units but are still a tad too bright for my home theater room. I have to put this out of site so the lights don't distract me during movies.

No problems so far and a very nice design makes this a 5 star product for me.
33 comments| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2010
This is a sleek looking device with the added convenience of USB ports on the side, so charging extra controllers is easy if you can put up with the wires. Mine worked great with only the standard complaints about the difficulty in adding and removing the controllers from the docks and the "lightness" of its construction. Once in they worked, but I found with mine that, over time, I believe they became worn to the point where it will no longer charge the controllers. For a while I could wiggle the controllers and coax the lights back on, but I can only assume that the wear and tear of two children plugging the units in about once a day took its toll (though they were actually careful with it). At least the two USB side ports still work.

I refuse to spend another almost $30 on a replacement, so I am going to give the Nyko Charge Base 2 a try....

Update: After a couple months of comparison the Nyko is superior to the Energizer unit in my opinion. Though perhaps not as stylish, it is more durable, does not need to be held to stay in place and, functionally, is a better option, especially if you have kids or dock and undock the controllers frequently. See my review of the Nyko
on December 4, 2008
This is an incredible product. Looks very slick, really matches the black-and-silver of the PS3. The clear controller charge indicators are also very nice-looking. You can charge 2 controllers in the slots, and there are also 2 powered USB slots for the charging cables. You can use these to charge the PS3 official headset (or any other USB devices). The controller ports are standard Mini-USB connections. They have a clear bit of plastic on top that holds the controller. It lights up dimly red when charging and green when finished -- this looks really cool.

Overall, this is an extremely good-looking, stylish, and useful accessory for charging your PS3 peripherals. Really fits the style and look of the PS3, and also has convenient USB slots and charging-indicator lights. Highly recommended.
22 comments| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2011
The unit itself is very aesthetically pleasing and when we first got this unit I was totally in love with it. It charged my controllers, it did it quickly and it looked good doing it. After having it less than a year, however, it stopped charging. I hook a controller into it and it goes green within a few seconds and then when I try to use the controller it hasn't charged at all. Left one controller on there for 2 weeks to see if it would pull any charge and got nothing.

It was love at first sight, but we all know that doesn't exist. Now I have to move on and find a new love.
on December 6, 2008
I received this PS3 Controller earlier in the week. It was easy to set up, all I had to do was take it out of the box and plug it into my power conditioner (surge protector). The controllers fit perfectly into the holders even with the controller skins intact.

The light turns red when charging and changes to green once the controllers are fully charged. I haven't used the side USB ports yet but I am sure they also work fine.

I would recommend this product to those who hate turning on the PS3 controller just to charge their controllers and those who want a cool looking stand.
on September 28, 2013
Stylish and functional - I like it a lot. Here are my impressions:
- Large base that keeps this stand upright, no worries about it tipping over as you plug/unplug controllers.
- Assembly is simple, it comes in 2 pieces and you gently press the base and stand together until 4 tabs snap into place.
- Both ports have their own red/green indicator lights in case you were wondering. The bottom light is not readily seen in the photo.
- Plugging a controller in is as simple as lining up its female charging dock with the male charging doo-hickey sticking out of the stand
and then firmly pressing the controller into place.
- The version I bought (for $20) has NO USB charging ports, unlike some reviews I've read here. However USB ports are irrelevant for
my needs.

I'd recommend this for its value, style and functionality.
review image review image
on February 9, 2011
This is a nice product that is offered at a fair price. My one issue is that the adaptor for the Headset Device will not work if you own the PS3 2.0 PlayStation 3 Bluetooth Headset 2.0, which I do. However, you can simply attach the USB cable that comes with the Headset and attach it to the Charging Station. The best thing about this product is that you can charge you controllers and your headset without firing up your PS3. If you are willing to circumvent the headset issue, then this product is recommended.
on August 26, 2011
I think all of us PS3 owners can agree that charging controllers, while fairly quick and easy, can be a little annoying as you need to have the mini USB cords plugged into the controller and the PS3 itself. I was really happy to find this charging station, which can be placed anywhere in the room so long as it has access to a power outlet. If you play a lot, you've doubtless had the experience of running low on juice right at some critical moment in a game. That all ends when you can have two backup controllers charging while you play. Nice to have the earpiece charging slot also.
on October 8, 2013
Since I'm coming back to the Amazon page to buy a brand new one of these, I figured I should post a review. This has been a great video game controller charger. Both of the PS3 controllers fit nicely onto it, and while I sometimes have issues getting it onto them, my boyfriend never has a problem, so he blames me on that one. (For those who are concerned, despite keeping our controllers in this 24/7, it does NOT overcharge them, and we've had no problems with the battery life slowly draining)

However, it's been about 2 and 1/2 years since I bought it, and the top charging dock has stopped charging the controller in it. This wouldn't be such a huge deal if we played one-player games, but we play two-player, so we need both controllers to charge to continue where we left off later.

So I'm not sure what the average lifespan should be for this thing, but I'm letting you know that ours lasted about 2 and 1/2 years before causing an issue. and obviously, since I'm back to buy another one, it's been 2 and 1/2 years that it has worked wonderfully for us.