Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 26, 2011
I don't understand why so many other people seem to be having problems with this, because it has worked flawlessly for me. It has worked with several PS2 DualShock 2 controllers, PS1 DualShocks, and even my old original digital-only PS1 controllers. As long as you make sure the switch is set to "360", and you have both a WIRED 360 gamepad (NOT a wireless+play and charge kit) and your PS2/PS1 controller connected to the adapter before you plug it into the 360, it works very well. And although I don't know if it makes a difference, I generally already have my 360 turned on before plugging in the adapter. All the buttons are fully functional with no lag, and they even mapped the Analog button to the Xbox Guide, so you can access the dashboard without having to use the 360 controller for anything. The only slight disappointment for me is that headsets plugged into the wired 360 controller through this adapter will not work, but I suspect a wireless 360 headset would solve that issue.

And that's just what it's advertised to do. Although there is no mention of it, it will also make all of the above-mentioned PS1 and PS2 controllers, as well as the wired 360 controllers, work perfectly on the PS3. Just flip the switch to "P3", and plug in only the controller you intend to use (no second controller needed). As with the 360, they mapped the Analog button and the 360's Guide button to the PS button from the PS3 controller, so you can access all functions of the system without the need for a PS3 controller.

Overall I have been very happy with this product. I would stress that you should make sure to use first-party (Sony and Microsoft) controllers with this for best results. I tried my Logitech Cordless Action wireless PS2 controller with this, and it does not work at all, not that I am surprised. Also make sure you are using a wired 360 controller. The wireless controller with play & charge kit only receives power from the USB cable, and still transmits it's data wirelessly, so it will not work with this adapter. I wouldn't be surprised if these two issues are the cause some of the problems people have had with this.
11 helpful votes
12 helpful votes
44 comments|Report abuse
on May 29, 2013
Okay here's the bad news:

When you receive this item, it comes in a clear plastic bag with nothing else. No info on how to use it in any way shape or form. Now, I consider myself a fairly intelligent person and I figured, how hard could it be? It has a large end with an LED and a switch for 'P3' and '360' and three connection cables. One for a PS2 device, a male USB connector for plugging into whichever machine and a female USB connector to receive a wired (they must be wired) PS3 or 360 controller.

To speed this story up, I tried to connect my (brand new) PS2 controller to my 360 in every way, shape and form and could not get it to work. And after reading some of the other reviews by people saying that they couldn't get their's to work either, I thought, great, I just spent money on junk!

Then I Googled it. Here comes the good news. When connecting to an XBOX 360:
1) Turn the machine on before plugging it in.

2) Set the switch to 360.

3) [And this is the muy importante part] Connect your PS2 to the device AND your 360 controller as well!

4) Plug it in and voilà, it works! The system needs to see a 360 controller to allow the PS2 controller to work.

One drawback that is not mentioned is, to use a PS3 controller, you need to have a PS3 to PS2 adaptor. Anyway, I'm happy. Ciao.
on April 29, 2012
A few months ago, I almost pulled the trigger on purchasing an adapter for $80. I'm really glad I didn't because a few months later, a friend found a YouTube video demonstrating this product for a fraction of the price. I purchased this product and can tell anybody that is skeptical of it that it works perfectly. This product is a dream come true for someone like myself. I love fighting games and I love the Playstation (PS) controller; problem is that many of my games are on the 360. With this adapter, you can now utilize a PS1 or PS2 controller to play these games on the 360. Of course, for those that are just the opposite, you can now use a 360 controller to play on the PS3. Something as simple as the positioning of the D-pad and analog stick and the difference between trigger buttons and standard buttons makes all the difference in the world to gamers.

The catch to this is that the controllers for the Playstation have to be wired. This means it HAS to be a PS1 or PS2 controller (since the PS3 controllers are wireless and USB types). You will also need a wired Xbox controller for it to work. Once you have these minimums, you are ready to go. According to the YouTube video, the person demonstrating the product turned the system on first, and then plugged in the adapters to get it to work so I just do the same thing.

Happy gaming!
on May 29, 2013
I purchased this adapter thinking what do I have to lose and i was pleasantly surprised when this $12 product performed as well as my friends $50 adapter. This adapter is perfect for wired Xbox 360 controller to be used on a PS3 and it performs exceptionally.
How to use this product: plug wired Xbox 360 controller into female USB on the adapter, then connect the male USB into PS3 and make sure the switch is flipped to PS3.

Pros:
Pricing
ability to use a WIRED Xbox 360 controller on a PS3
ability to use a WIRED PS2/PS1 controller on a Xbox 360
works great on COD games just make sure to change the controller layout to "default flipped"

Cons: none

Note: only wired controllers will work with this adapter so if you don't have a wired controller get yourself one of these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004QRKWLA/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
on May 30, 2012
I bought this device so I could use my 360 wired controller (not wireless with in game charger) with my PS3. Nothing needs to be done besides plugging it in to get it to work; no switches, buttons, etc.

Can't speak for the other way around which seems to be an issue, and I can't test it since I don't have a wired PS3/PS2 controller.

If you have both systems and prefer the 360 controller you can add this with a Xbox 360 Wired Controller - Black

I mainly sought this adapter out because I play some FPS with friends on the 360. Some other buddies started playing on the PS3 and I was having a hard time making the switch and just wasn't having any fun. The HDE adapter solved that problem for me and I have now been using it for probably 3 months or so. I'll still use the PS3 controller for SP, sports, and racing games though.
on June 15, 2013
I USE THESE ON MY XBOX360 TO PLAY WITH PLAYSTATION 2/3 CONTROLLERS . THIS GADGET IS SO GOOD IT CAN HOOK 3OR4 MAYBE WHO KNOWS HOW MANY CONTROLLERS TO ONE PORT. I AM A MACRO PLAYER SO IT LOOKS VERY CRAZY WHEN I PLAY AGAINST MY HOMIE'S ON FIGHTER GAMES LIKE STREETFIGHTER ETC, BUT IT DOES PAY OFF WHEN I PROGRAM A 10 HIT COMBO AND I CAN USE ARCADE STICKS TO DASH FORWARD AND BACKARD WITH THE EASY OF A CHEETAH!!!! IT ALSO HELPS OUT WHEN OTHERS PLAY ON REGULAR STICKS, ALL I GOTTA DO IS HOOK THEIR STICK TO THE FREE USB PORT ON THE ADAPTER AND I CAN JUST WAIT TIL IT'S MY TURN AGAIN, THAT'S IF I EVER LOSS. MACROS RULES CAUSE NOT EVERYBODY HAS THIS TECH ON THE NEW SYSTEMS
on May 9, 2011
I bought this device to use with my XIM (Xbox Input Machine) but I am finding that it is useful for a lot of other things too. My friends who don't like using stock PS3 controllers can easily use their Xbox 360 controllers on my PS3, and I can use my Xbox 360 fightpad on PS3 as well. It works good as an adapter for hooking up my PS2 controllers, dance pads and arcade sticks to either a PS3 or Xbox 360. Just remember, if you are connecting to an Xbox 360 you have to have the switch on the right setting, and you have to connect a licensed Xbox 360 gamepad to the USB extension slot on the adapter. I reccomend it for anyone who has friends with controller preferences or who just want to be able to use old controllers on their current systems.
on March 29, 2012
The main reason I bought this adapter was so that I could use my 360 madcatz SE fightstick on the ps3. And it works perfectly. I haven't had any lag or drop inputs. I was also able to get it to work with a ps1 dualshock on both the ps3 and the 360. The rumble feature still works as will as the analog button that acts like the home button. The one thing to note about using a ps/ps2 controller on the 360 is that you will also have to have a wired 360 controller plug in to the converter to get it to work.

The only thing I couldn't get to work was my wired ps3 controller on the 360, which isn't a big deal for me.
on September 12, 2011
When I purchased this, I was hoping to have my cousin play with his PS3 controller on my 360 so we can settle the dispute on who would win in a fighting game. When I tested it out using a PS2 controller and a PS3 Controller with a wire attachment (as in not connected directly to the PS3 Controller), it did not work. I tried using both settings (seeing if it was mislabeled) and having the 360 Connected directly to the adapter. Nothing worked. When I did another test on the PS3 instead, I found it to work as promised.

My hunch is that the 360 got an update that prevents something like this from happening on their systems. But from what I did test on the PS3, it worked as promised. So if you plan on getting this, please keep in mind that this only works for the PS3.
11 comment|Report abuse
on September 28, 2012
The adapter works great. No problems w/ button input whatsoever. I use it for the Tournament Stick for fighting games and so far it has held up well. I do think the inputs may not be as precise as you think it can be but great for casual play. My only problem is that the connecter (the USB to controller connecter) is very loose. You would have to secure it with tape, the plug comes loose very easily.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.