Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $8.54 shipping
Playstation2 Guitar Mania Wireless V Guitar (Red)
|Price:||$45.95 + $3.99 shipping|
- Become a legend in your living room
- Kick out the maximum melting jams
- Fret buttons and fast action neck
- Red with White Pick Guard and Black Neck
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
* Solid fret buttons with a good feel
* Solid strum bar, though it clicks too loudly
* Excellent quality strap that can be adjusted to allow the guitar to sling low, even on a tall adult
* Beautiful red metallic finish
* The "start" button is depressed into the guitar body, while the "star power" button is raised, so that it is easy to find and press during a song, too easy though, see below.
* The strap button on the fingerboard side is at an angle such that the strap easily pulls off the button during playback - I have to use the button beneath the neck to get it to hold, forcing the strap over or under th fingerboard.
* The location of the strap button on the bottom end of the guitar, at the apex of the V, is such that the strap must either go over the top of the guitar face, which presses against "star power" button, or behind the guitar body, which makes it want to fall forward when you aren't playing it.
* The location of the strap button on the bottom end also effectively shortens the guitar neck so that your hand has to be too close to your body for comfortable fingering
* The "star power" tilt control is far too sensitive and can mess up your play if you aren't careful. While the stock controller requires an almost vertical orientation of the guitar neck, this will activate with about 35 degrees of tilt from the horizontal.
* The "star power" button on the guitar body is too close to the strum bar so that it is too easy to hit it with the ball of your hand while strumming.Read more ›
1. Came with batteries...always deserves a plus.
2. Well built: This guitar certainly is built sturdy. Where the stock GH guitar felt hollow and fragile, this one feels very well put together and as close to a "real" guitar as you could expect for a video game.
3. The look: The guitar is also a much better looking that the plain looking stock GH guitar though as you'll read I have issues with the design. On the GM site, it shows the guitar coming in 2 colors and even has more skins that can be purchased and added on later. That sadly is where the good things end.
1. The design: Not that you care, but I've played guitar for over 10 years. Never have I liked the design of the Flying V. The angle in which you have to hold it, strum it and play it are all far too akward on your wrists and hands to play for extended periods of time, which is bad seeing as how this game is so addicting. Cramps in both hands happened only after a few songs, where as with real (non V) guitars and the GH guitar happened after hours. The angle of the stum bar makes playing fast songs a pain to play because A) you have to either strap the guitar higher on your chest for a better angle with your right wrist, B) lean over to get your right hand a better angle, also C) my strum bar at a few angles got stuck causing me to miss notes. Playing while sitting means holding the guitar practically straight up which again, is uncomfortable to longer periods of time.
2. Star power tilt control: Where the other reviewer had a far too sensitive tilt controller, mine was far too dead.Read more ›
I really love the feel of the fret buttons on this guitar. They're raised up a little higher than on the standard SG controller, and take a little getting used to, but overall, I felt that it was a welcome change. Also, the strum bar is tighter and not nearly as loud as the standard SG. The whammy bar is nice, easy to use and very responsive. The strap however, will not stay attached to the guitar to save its life (assuming it had one?) anyways, I just use a regular guitar strap with leather ends and it works great. (I've been playing guitar for about 6 and a half years now.) One word of caution though, for those of you who haven't already found this out, it will NOT work with Guitar Hero II out of the box, it requires a separate adapter that won't be released until around the 15th of November.
Overall: C 1/2+
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Guitar works but the neck controls don't work properly
They don't match up with the game
IT DOES NOT ONE KEY ON IT DOES NOT WORK IT WAS BRAND NEW IN BOX BUT IT DID NOT WORK .AND THEN SENT RETURN SLIP NO ONE HAS REPLYED YETPublished 12 months ago by virginia
Arrived on time, in great shape, hours of fun with this. Batteries don't last very long, suggest having rechargeable batteries.Published on June 7, 2008 by Olen R. Kline
older version needs a adapter to work on all of the different games GH GH II GHII R/B but very cool looking and comfertable TAC make great products check out ther line on... Read morePublished on May 2, 2008 by R. Gerches
Worked not even one day. The wireles connection kept going out. Tried to contact the shipped FOUR times on return instructions and authorization number...they never replied. Read morePublished on January 18, 2008 by Al D.
This product did not work. My son took it out and tried to use it and the wireless did not work. It accepted some of the notes, but on the wrong keys. Read morePublished on September 2, 2007 by Nancy Cozzens
The guitar buttons are bad, and the guitar has trouble connecting to the PS2.
DO NOT BUY unless you are a masochist.
Finally got it to work with GHII - came with adapters that have to be plugged in in front of the controllers' wireless receiver at just the right time during a reboot to use it... Read morePublished on July 26, 2007 by J. Jordan
I returned this guitar originally thinking maybe I got a bad one... second one was exactly the same. It does not work well.
Hold out for the one from Activision...