Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 6,691 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 7,128 reviews
on September 20, 2016
I am attaching pictures to assist with this review...The first picture should show the band under the bra as you see it in the product photo. To achieve this I am lifting up the "lady". The only feasible way I could imagine my ladies doing this without assistance (36DDD) was to put the shoulder straps on the shortest length and the back buckles on the most comfortable by snuggest fit. Well, that did not work...picture number two is me wearing the bra on the most comfortable and appropriate settings (middle brackets) 1/4 way lose strap. Bottom band is all gone! Hence the cup portion of the bra rolls over the band. Picture #3 shoes a full view. Picture #4 shows how pointed your ladies become, like a bullet really! Not sure if this is something I do or don't like....Picture #5 shows the lack of cleavage separation your receive from this bra (in this size). This I don't like.
Picture #6 shows the net like material that I find scratchy and uncomfortable. Picture #7 shows the underarm view with more scratchy material and how high it comes up, right to the top and feels scratchy.
So, these photos show you views but to tell you feel...It does life my (nursing for 12 yrs straight) floppy ladies! The are right up there! I like that! Not sure about the pointing out though....I love this color...but I think it kind of stops there. This bra has a lot going on texture wise and a lot of separate sewn together parts. This must be why I can FEEL this bra everywhere! I know it's hard to find a bra your so comfortable in your forget it's on but this one is sending me sensory reminders in numerous areas all at once. However, it does stay put! I gave it a pretty fair star rating I think. I could wear this bra and be confident it will stay put and give me a nice lift, oh and I feel it is slightly side sliming which in my ladies case is great. But also I will be irritated all day "feeling" it all over me and I am wondering if after a day's wear will my underarms become raw? It's going to be a toss up on keeping it or returning it. I will update!
* Update: extra pictures added with cotton dress on. The bra actually hasn't bothered much sensory wise nearly what I thought it would. However, as other reviewers have mentioned....I really don't know how I feel about the pointed torpedoe look!
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
55 comments| 137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2016
Definitely gives me the support I need , & very comfortable ! Plus my posture improves when wearing it . I'm 69 yrs old & have put on some extra weight :-( so therefore need all the help I can get ! 36 DD & thick -waisted , my clothes fit better & my confidence gets a boost also . Purchased two & will undoubtedly purchase more .
review image
11 comment| 158 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2017
A nice bra, will echo what others have said in that the main strap runs tighter/not as much give than some other brands so best to go up a size at least, that way it sits perfectly. Also once you have the right size, before wearing for any length of time run it through the washer with fabric softener etc as straight out of the box its stiff and a bit scratchy...
update. you know I still like this bra but even after several washes is still stiffer than others, one I had of theirs was great but couldn't remember the style so got this one, if I could give 3.5 stars I would, may well try another brand that moves better with the wearer, though cup wise its all good, its just the back strap that lets the whole thing down.
on March 18, 2017
Because I'm huge on top and now pushing close to 50, my doctor suggested that I go from wired bras to unwired. Maybe it doesn't happen to all women but my doctor said that my wired bras were tearing up my undercage. I picked this style bra because I read that it gives you that pin up style pointy mountain look and what husband doesn't love that visual. My husband now teases me and tells me that my boobs walk in the room before I do.

The only issue I have is that this needs to be higher. I don't mind looking like mountains but the fact that my boobs now look like my elderly female relatives (hang lower than what you want), makes me think twice. I may look into putting some socks or something to raise these mountains up a little.
The Playtex 18 Hour Original Comfort Strap Bra does not have cotton lined cups. In fact, the cups are not lined at all. The bra would be more comfortable if the inner cup was lined with soft breathable cotton.

The plus side of this bra is the size runs true-to-size or a bit large. I will order a size down, if I order this bra again. I also liked the comfort straps and they felt really good when I tried the bra on.

Recommend with caveats given.
on March 16, 2017
It's fairly well made, beautiful pink color, very much like in the photo. The plastic holders had to go, and I just removed them and sewed the straps together. I did it because I needed the strap length, but they also cut into my skin. It is very form fitting and tight. I think many women would very much appreciate that, but it isn't my preference. It has four hooks on the back for great support.
on February 28, 2017
The bra itself fits perfectly. It's very comfortable too. The reason for the 3 stars is that the bra gives you a very unnatural cone shaped look. Something I would refer to as a "old lady bra". You know, your grandmother's bra. I'm going to keep the two I purchased simply because they are so darn comfortable. I will not ever purchase this style again though nor recommend to others.
on June 12, 2017
Just this moment took it out of the shipping box and gave it a try on before washing. Glad I did. I was fitted locally about 6 months ago for a bra since over time - we change. I was a 50DDD. I ordered a 50DDD. The 50 is VERY VERY tight around the back on the very last hooks. The armpit area rides up and INTO my pits. Not enough strap on it to made it do anything else. The DDD cups are like 2 giant hankies. I get that DDD is large but nothing like this. I dont like wires so this is one of a couple reasons I thought I would try it. Just goes to show that all the great reviews- arent 1 size fits all- I think I will return and order a larger size and smaller cup.
on July 30, 2016
It really is me. I don't understand why all bras aren't made in both underwire and without it. To me it seems like the people who need to be wearing underwire the most, don't have bras available simply because they aren't made! I don't understand as one of the oldest companies that makes bras, why Playtex doesn't offer not only underwire in larger sizes but offer sizes that are larger too? I tried this bra to see what a wireless bra was like. I felt like I was naked! The straps dug in my shoulders. My boobs spilled out of the cups. It was the largest you have! I couldn't get it off fast enough! I'm just amazed at how hard it's been trying to find something so common as a bra. I've been trying to find one for almost a YEAR!
on March 8, 2017
This was my second time ordering this particular bra, which I am very well satisfied with! The comfortable, full coverage in the back & on the sides is excellent. The cup coverage & support is the best alternative to an underwire bra that I've found. As some have mentioned, the cups ARE rather pointy; HOWEVER, I think this effect greatly lessened after a relatively short time of wear & laundering. I definitely really like this bra for its comfort, support, & style.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.