|Price:||$80.43 + $7.87 shipping|
Usually ships within 4 to 5 days. Ships from and sold by Blessed Living _ BRAND NEW - FAST SHIPPING _ This item cannot be shipped to Alaska - Hawaii - Puerto Rico - PO Box and OUTSIDE of USA.
Playtex Diaper Genie Elite Diaper Disposal Pail, White (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Formerly called DIAPER GENIE II ELITE - Same great product with new name and new packaging
- Our most advanced Diaper Disposal System
- Foot pedal for easy, hands-free diaper disposal
- Built-In Antimicrobial protection inhibits odor causing bacteria
- Contains One Pail that holds up to 38 diapers and One Refill Cartridge that holds up to 270 diapers
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Playtex Diaper Genie Elite Pail
Playtex Diaper Genie Elite Pail is the ultimate hands-free diaper disposable system that's available in an ergonomic design. This set contains a pail and a refill cartridge that can hold various diapers. The foot pedal is a hands-free opening system that makes it easy and comfortable to use.
Why You'll Love It: Playtex Diaper Genie Elite Pail is made with patent pending double locked pail design that holds diapers, and the multilayer refill helps to lock in odors and germs. The protection can help your baby to stay protected from allergies and skin diseases caused by microbes.
- Ergonomic design
- Leaves behind no residue
- Foot pedal system for ease of use
- Offers protection
From the Manufacturer
For an easy, effective way to help keep your nursery odor and germ free, the Diaper Genie Elite Diaper Pail features a double-locking design and a multilayer, refillable liner that helps seal in odors and germs. The ergonomic Diaper Pail is designed so there's no need to bend down, and the foot pedal allows for easy, hands-free opening. The Diaper Genie pail holds up to 38 diapers at one time and the refill cassette holds up to 270 newborn diapers.
The Diaper Genie Elite holds up to 38 diapers. View larger.
Antimicrobial protection ensures your nursery is odor and germ free.
Double-Lock Design Helps Seal In Odors and Germs
The Diaper Genie Elite Diaper Pail features a double-locking design that seals in odors each time you drop in a diaper, helping to keep your nursery smelling fresh and clean. The built in antimicrobial protection inhibits odor-causing bacteria.
Convenient Design: Ergonomic, Foot Pedal and Capacity
The Diaper Genie's tall, ergonomic design means you don't have to bend down to throw away diapers. The convenient foot pedal opens the lid so you never have to touch the pail with your hands. The pail holds up to 38 diapers at one time, and even allows you to dispose of toddler-size pull-up training pants.
Multilayer Refill Bag
The Diaper Genie Refill is designed so that dirty diapers only touch the refill film and not the pail, allowing the pail to stay clean with no mess. One Diaper Genie Refill can hold up to 270 newborn diapers, and a red indicator line on the bag lets you know when you need to replace the refill.
Easy Setup and Quick Disposal
The Diaper Genie Elite Diaper Pail is easy to set up without using any additional tools. For disposal of diapers when the pail is full, simply press the button on the front to open the unit, cut the bag with the built-in childproof cutter, and tie a knot at the top before throwing it away. Pull the refill bag to the full length of the Diaper Pail, tie a knot at the bottom, and close the pail back in place.
About Diaper Genie: Keep Your Nursery Smelling Fresh
Diaper Genie products feature technology to help prevent odors and germs from overtaking your nursery. Diaper disposal is easy and mess free with Diaper Genie Diaper Pail and Refill.
What's in the Box
Diaper Genie Elite Diaper Pail and Diaper Genie Refill.
Diaper Genie Elite Diaper Pail
At a Glance:
- Patented double-lock pail design and multilayer refill helps seal in odors and germs
- Antimicrobial protection inhibits odor-causing bacteria
- Ergonomic design with foot pedal allows for easy, hands-free opening
- Pail holds up to 38 diapers
- Refill cassette holds up to 270 newborn diapers
Ergonomic design with foot pedal allows
for easy, hands-free opening. View larger.
Top Customer Reviews
You do still have to buy their refills, and that is the one big drawback. I've seen the price come down to equal that of genie 1 refills, so if your already paying for them, then its not a problem. Our refills last 3 weeks with our toddler's diapers.
* It's billed as some kind of magical device that's going to port your smelly diapers to a better place, when in reality, it's a cheap although stylish plastic bin with a plastic bag inside.
* The cartridges are such a rip-off! At about 7 bucks each, they last less than a month, or about 4-5 Diaper Genie loads of diapers. Think of how many regular trash bags you can get for $7 (I just bought a box of 200 for $8).
That being said, you can still use a Diaper Genie and save a ton of money (I estimate we'll save about $200 over the next two years) by simply using regular trash bags in place of the way-overpriced cartridges. Simply buy 16 gallon tall kitchen bags and insert the top of the bag into the lip of a spent cartridge. I can't guarantee the odor control will be as good necessarily (but no reason why it can't be) but I can guarantee you'll save a ton of money.
UPDATE 07/23/10: I've been using the regular 16 gallon trash bags for several months now, and they're great! I simply duct-tape them into the inner lid to hold them in place; it takes a minute or so to put it in (but actually easier to remove than the regular Diaper Genie bags), but the savings is pretty nice. No more expensive cartridges.
1. I can throw individual wet wipes into the Genie without getting the container soiled. This comes in handy with those really, really messy BMs.
2. I don't have to crank a handle back and forth like the Champ. I found this so appealing especially for those late night diaper changes that I eventually moved the diaper Genie to where the baby slept at night.
3. It does a better job of keeping the odor out. I have a really strong sense of smell and I could smell the soiled diapers in the room with the Champ. I used regular garbage bags in the Genie so maybe upgrading to one of those odor preventing garbage bags may have helped.
4. Emptying the Genie requires less manuevering. Ok ... so you have to cut and tie the refill with the Genie but I found that if the garbage bag got too full in the Champ, I had to really work to get it out because the opening at the top is small and a full garbage bag that is bottom heavy doesn't fit through it as well.
Here are some downsides:
1. Buying the special refills is ofcourse a downside but it lasts about 3 weeks with my 2 month old so I think it is worth it for the 'odor-locking' ability of the special refills.
2. I couldn't get the top portion to interlock with the bottom half quite right. I am not sure if this is because of the way I assembled it or the parts are just not made properly. This did not affect the working of the product at all, only the way it looks and my husband never noticed it.
|Length: 1:33 Mins|
I bought the Diaper Genie Elite for my newborn this year. It was well worth the extra twenty bucks. The design is very simple - much like a foot pedal trash can. It's also taller, which eliminates having to bend down to put in a diaper. All you have to do is press a foot pedal and the top opens up. Drop the diaper in and you're done. I never notice a smell in the room. The only time I smell anything is when I empty it, which is to be expected.
Also, installing the bag and emptying the bag is very, very easy. To empty: Open the pail, use the internal cutter to cut the bag, tie it off - done. To install a bag: drop the refill in, pull the bag down and tie it off - done. As for the refills - I just started on my third refill after 9 weeks of diapers. So the refills are lasting about 4 1/2 weeks for an infant.
If you can afford the extra money, I definitely recommend it. It definitely hurt the wallet paying for it but I haven't regretted it once. I'm not sure why the price is so high on Amazon, but I got mine much cheaper at Walmart.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is the worst product. I had the original Diaper Genie design. It had the foot pedal but not the double jaws and fancy deodorizer. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Paul E. Demartini
We have had our diaper genie since our son was born and I absolutely love the convenience of having it right next to the changing table. Read morePublished 2 months ago by nicole
Don't expect much from this.
The one star is 1. For being truly a plastic trash can. that's it, all you get. Read more
Great product used it for over 5 years between my two daughters. No complaints. Make sure you empty it or it will start stinking.Published 2 months ago by Matt
If you have a baby, you need a diaper genie! I have two (one for each kiddo, TRUST me!). And when my brother had a little guy of his own, he said he wouldn't need one, that he... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Tina
It does the job, keeps the odor contained, is easy to put together and switch out the bags, and I appreciate that you don't have to force the diapers in like older models. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Marie
Have been using Diaper Genie for several years and it works great! #RewardsProgramPublished 2 months ago by Yating Su
I love my Diaper Genie Elite! I actually have two! It makes disposing of each diaper so much easier... And it never smells! I can't live without it!
I love this diaper pail. It is easy to install diaper bags and it is not too heavy (it is light) but also doesn't tip over easy. Opening and getting diapers out is easy too. Read morePublished 2 months ago by EllieMay