Playtex Diaper Genie Refills for Diaper Genie Diaper Pails - 270 Count (Pack of 3)
- BUILT DURABLE, the Odor Lock refill features 7 layers that work together to help lock in diaper odors & messes
- Works with Diaper Genie Elite, Essentials and "Mini" Diaper Pails
- Each refill holds up to 270 newborn diapers
- Diaper Genie Refills GUARANTEE* Odor Lock Protection
- If not completely satisfied, return for full refund of purchase price or replacement
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Why Playtex Baby Diaper Genie Refills?
- Help keep your nursery smelling fresh! The Diaper Genie Refill can hold up to 270 newborn diapers, which means fewer trips to the trash bin.
- Diaper Genie pails and refills are made for each other so don’t trust your nursery to anything else.
- Diaper Genie Diaper Pail refills are available on Amazon and is a great Baby Registry gift.
- Diaper Genie refills fit all Diaper Genie pails including Diaper Genie Complete, so for best results use Diaper Genie Diaper Pail Refills.
7 Layers Strong
- You read that right! Diaper Genie refills feature 7 layers that work together to help lock in diaper odors.
- Diaper Genie refills have 7-layers that seal in odor.
- You'll always know when a Diaper Genie Refill needs replacement; a black indicator line will tell you when the refills are almost out. So, keep em' coming, baby!
- Refill features 7 layers that work together to help lock in diaper odors and messes.
Ultimate Odor Lock System
- Barrier Technology - it’s what our refills do. These 7 layers work together to help lock in diaper odors and messes.
- Diaper Genie disposal system refill will help protect your baby’s nursery from unwanted odors.
- Only Diaper Genie refills guarantee Odor Lock System Performance*.
- *If not completely satisfied, return for full refund of purchase price or replacement.
Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging
Legal DisclaimerActual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
When the Genie gets full, I pull the bag out and use scissors to cut the bottom knot off and let all the dirty diapers fall into a trash bag or grocery bag, which I then tie up and toss in the outside garbage. I then simply retie the Genie Refill bag and use it again. It doubles (or triples) the life of the refills.
I decided to try buying kitchen-size trash bags with an odor-block feature. I put the kitchen bag down through the chute and tuck the top around the top of the area that you open to install an official refill. Then when the whole thing is full, instead of tearing the bag and knotting it to start a new one, I just take the old bag out and put a new bag in. Turns out it works fine. When the diaper genie is full it is the equivalent of 1/2 a kitchen trash bag! Since I bought the kitchen bags specifically for the diaper genie, I don't feel like I need to fill the other half of the bag to get my money's worth or something...but, just saying, each of the official refills basically holds less than two kitchen trash bags worth of diapers. For $7-11+.
So, with the official refill you're spending $1.75-2.75 per bag, and you have to do the awkward cut and tie with a full bag of diapers, but it looks a little prettier because no portion of the bag is exposed outside the system.
With Hefty 45 Count 13 Gallon Cinch Sak® Tall Kitchen Bags E86755 you're spending .17 per bag, and it is less awkward, but it is not as pretty because top of the bag shows outside the system.
I guess it just depends on what is important to you, but we'd much rather have the top of the bag show and get 10 times as many bags for the same price. This also means that we don't have to remember to buy bags often at all. We just bought a box of 45 bags and it's lasting quite a while.
Anyway, my point with the above calculation is that I got about 175 diapers in each refill. Not at all 270. Maybe they packed them airtight - but through normal use, I think it's far less than 270. And of course, once she gets into larger size diapers, it will be even fewer.
So what does this mean? Based on current pricing, it means I'm paying another 3.5 cents PER DIAPER for my diaper genie. And that's newborn size. If you are someone sitting there calculating your per-diaper costs, you may not think much about what it costs you to toss it.
Then again, even at 3.5 cents per diaper, you're still talking about maybe 30 cents a day. That's worth it to me. I like my diaper genie a lot and I do find these refills convenient.
But if you tend to look for ways to get that 19 cent diaper instead of 22 cents or whatever, this adds a lot (relatively) to the cost. Might want to try the regular trash bag trick that another reviewer mentioned.
EXTRA $$$$ Saving HELPFUL TIP: To get the most use out of these I don't use the cutter mechanism on the diaper genie because I was noticing that it wasted too much of the refill. Instead I keep a pair of scissors nearby and cut it when the bag needs changing. These really extends the life of my refills. I am getting a good 3-4 weeks or more out of each refill by doing this.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These are genius! I'm telling you a must have in every baby/toddler home! Diaper genie keeps you from having to take the diapers out to the trash can every time your baby goes! Read morePublished 3 days ago by Amazon Customer
I've tried generic diaper genie refills, and it lets the smell out, the whole room stinks. I only now use the Playtex Diaper Genie refills.Published 3 days ago by Nicole
It works great. It wuold be nice to get a warning when the bag is almost done. Sometimes I throw a diaper in and the end of the bag goes in with it, and I have to pull it out of... Read morePublished 7 days ago by Bernie C.