Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 19, 2011
My daughter (23 months old) has used the Playtex Sport Straw Cups since she was about 13 months old and we absolutely love them! Prior to using the straw cups, she used the Playtex Sport Sippy Cups. So we had extra cups and needed some new lids and straws to go with them and we found them here on Amazon for a pretty decent price.

My only complaint is that cleaning the upper straws can be a bit frustrating. I don't know how it happened but in my daughter's water-only cup (she only drinks water and milk and one cup is designated only for water), we found mold starting to grow in the bottom part of the upper straw (the part that houses the valve). Horrified, I immediately cleaned the straw (and all others) even more thoroughly than I normally do and then I soaked them in vinegar. Well, the next day, the same straw had a tiny bit of mold starting to grow in it. So I ordered replacement straws and, once again, cleaned all of her straws very thoroughly. Well, while waiting for my replacement straws to come in the mail, I was looking in her cup (it had been about a full day since the previous thorough cleaning) and the straw once again had mold in it and so did the bottom of the actual cup!!!!!!!!!!

I am mortified. So now that I have the replacement straws, I will be throwing away every single straw we were using and starting with a clean slate. And I have, of course, cleaned everything very thoroughly and soaked everything in vinegar and then run them through the dishwasher, then more vinegar... I'll be keeping a close eye on things.
on April 6, 2012
I'd be hunting for the valve and straws with 3 toddlers in the house. Not good but this solved the problem. Also after a year of use the older valves don't seem to work as well so I replace them. Much cheap than new cups & lets you buy used cups at garage sales.
on April 14, 2011
My son bites his straws for his Playtex cups and the cups are in perfect condition, but I don't want to toss them and buy all new ones just because of that. The straws are perfect, and I didn't have to buy all new cups so I'm a happy mom!
on May 25, 2011
Had no problems with these replacement top straws. My toddler keeps chewing on them while sipping so it's good to have extras on hand.
on February 3, 2011
I looked high & low for these replacement straws for my son's sippy cups---after getting sick of buying new sippy cups (due to him bitting the tops of the straws and them becoming a choking hazard). I tried "Babies R Us" but they didn't carry them---I found these on Amazon and bought them through "Teebop". The company name seemed weird, but the reviews were positive. My items came promptly and I am very happy with my purchase.
on January 29, 2011
These have worked for us. I'm glad there are replacements instead of having to buy new cups all the time!
on December 24, 2011
We tried almost every kind of "leak proof" cups out there and this is the twist and click is the only one we found is truly leak proof and is actually easy enough for my children to open themselves. During her teething phase, my daughter chewed on straw which caused me to cut the tip. I haf to buy another 2 pack when my son started stealing his sisters cups. We have used the same cups for almost 2 years and with no leaking until just recently. Obviously this is due to overuse, which in my opinion is totally normal.

I read an earlier post about finding mold. After a whole my daughter's milk cup seemed to always have a sour mill smell. I also thought I was cleaning well by soaking and discovered a small amount of milk I missed in the area where the bottom straw sticks in (there is a very small lip there.) I found the best way to clean this area! We used Dr. Browns bottles which came with those cleaners for the bottle inserts. I found those cleaners really not only allow you to clean the surface of the lip, but it lets you get in the lip good and dig out the dry milk. I do this at least once a week now along with daily washing.

I am so glad that playtex has these available for purchase!!! We do not have a ton of money and can't afford to keep buying cups when all we need are the straws!!! I highly recommend these!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question