Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,955 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,064 reviews
on March 3, 2011
This is most likely the most supportive bra I've ever worn. I'm almost 60 so you can bet I've tried just about every size and style out there and always seemed to choose an underwire style. However, having just completed 3 years of cancer treatments/remissions/relapses with illness causing me to lose weight, meds causing me to gain weight, the sedentary life style from being so ill as well as the infamous menopausal 50 lbs along for the ride I was feeling like an unfit, sloppy blob. I had pretty much been wearing cheap sports bras (you know, the 3 pack for about $9 kind) simply for the comfort and ease in dressing/undressing at the hospital and doctors' offices. Finally I got fed up with feeling lousy and looking lazy and sloppy and did some comparative shopping. Ordered several bra styles in several sizes and had myself a 'trying on party' when they all arrived. This bra is my favorite right now. The gel straps are amazingly comfortable and don't dig into my shoulders, pull on my neck or fall down the sides of my arms. My 'girls' look perkier than they have in about 20 years and no longer slouch against my midsection (wow, did I just really admit to that?), and the criss cross elastic straps in the back somehow, without discomfort, make me stand up straight and improve my posture tremendously.

Now all that above is the good stuff. What I'm finding now is that at the bottom of the front closure where the two sides meet, it digs into the area at the base of my sternum and in just a few hours has caused a gouge in my skin: almost looks like a bad heel blister from new shoes. A kind of scratchy, digging, wish-it-would-stop sensation and I find myself picking at the base of the bra closure through my shirt and adjusting it more and more as the day wears on. I'm not sure if it will soften up when laundered but I hope so. Otherwise I'll have to find something like a cotton ball to stick under there if I want to wear this bra for any length of time. I have no idea what would happen if I was more active: perhaps I would have noticed this irritation sooner, but I'm not allowed to leave the house for any reason due to my compromised immune system and flu season, so I'm not doing much other than housework and playing with the dogs. So right now I can say this is a great bra for fit and support but the front closure edges could use a bit more padding.

Edit: May 2012 - meant to write this much sooner but I forgot as I stopped wearing these and put them in the bottom of the drawer. Laundering does not soften up the lower portion of the closure. It remains hard and stiff and irritating to the sternum area. As much as these fit extremely well, the straps were a delight and my posture was vastly improved, I simply could not wear these without tucking a cotton ball or balled up toilet paper into that bottom section of the hook/closure area. They are going into the 'donate' pile today.
1515 comments| 224 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 22, 2016
I absolutely love the fit of this Playtex 18 Hour "Easier On" Front Closure Wireless Bra with the Flex Back. This bra has softly lined floral-pattern, microfiber rounder cups that maintain no spillage and featuring a hook-and-eye front closure that stays flat. It also has specialized features that ensures a very comfortable fit with a 4-Way Support System. This bra has a M frame with higher sides for increased coverage and wide padded straps that stay put while pampering the shoulders and doesn't dig in. The back of this bra is really smooth with softly-lined crisscross elastic back flexes for free movement and for stability. This is exactly everything that I wanted, especially the front closure. This bra provides fabulous support while being very comfortable for extended periods of time. I would certainly recommend this item to family and friends.
on January 12, 2016
It fits better than most I have worn, but it has many design problems that make this bra so uncomfortable to wear.
- It has plenty of support, but the support feels more like I'm in a partial body cast.
- The bottom front corners are sharp and dig in so deeply, it is leaving a red mark. A rounder corner on the edges would make more sense.
- There are so many closure hooks, it takes forever to get them all hooked and would be fine with half as many.
- The padded part of the shoulder straps lay across my collar bone, not my shoulders. When I move, it feels like I'm wearing a seatbelt.
- The bottom edge is very deep, nearly covering my entire rib cage which severely increases the muffin top look.
- Industrial strength elastic, I can feel the elastic's resistance to my movements like a tug-of-war.

When you wear this bra, you KNOW you are wearing a bra, there is nothing subtle about it and you are always aware of it's existence. It's kind of like wearing a chasity belt for your boobs. I feel like a half wrapped mummy.
on June 29, 2016
I have been wearing a different style of the same brand for over 30 years. I've tried different styles in the same brand and in different brands but was never happy and always went back to the original one. The 4693. I wanted to try this style because of the front hooks and the way the elastic in the back was. It just looked like it would be so comfortable. It is. I am so happy with this purchase that I can't wait to be able to afford another one. I have one complaint but it alone isn't enough for me to lower the star rating. I am very busty and also have quite a bit of belly. The hooks in the front do not go all the way to the bottom (I didn't think they would) but there is a gap where the points poke into my belly and sometimes is bothersome. Once again.... Not enough for me to lower my rating. I am very pleased.
on August 19, 2016
This is the worst bra I have ever bought. It is so uncomfortable and has the weirdest scratchy lace around the outsides of the bra. I can't wear it because it scratched my skin raw! Ugh!
review image
on April 29, 2017
Style #4695 - I just purchased this bra. The support is great so I'm disappointed everything else didn't live up to expectation. The hooks are tight, eyes are small. Also nearly impossible to fasten since the lace border covers the eyes, making it incredibly difficult without snagging. I haven't the time nor patience to endure the frustration. The fabric is uncomfortably stiff and itchy. It might soften up after washing but I won't be finding out. The cups run about 1 size too large.
on July 4, 2015
I've been wearing this style of bra now for 15 years. You can't beat the value when purchased on sale. Noway the competition stands a chance. For us large endowed woman, you can trust this bra to give you exactly the comfort and support you're looking for.
on April 27, 2017
After major hip surgery, I found it especially painful when I moved my upper left arm. After years of wearing bras that close in the back, I tried this and it fits well and gives me much better support. It is also much more comfortable than the old back-closure ones. The front closing is easy to reach and my arm does not hurt when I am putting it on. I've already reordered several and find the Playtex brand ones fit best. I've always hated wearing bras because they bind into my sides, but these are much better and although expensive, they do the trick!
on March 25, 2017
Fits GREAT MAKES MY BODY LOOK YOUNGER, BUT I JUST WISHED IT WAS MADE OUT OF NATURAL FIBERS AROUND THE CUPS SINCE A NYLON BRA CAN BECOME AN EXTREMELY SWEATY SITUATION FOR THOSE OF US WITH A LARGER BUST FOR THIS REASON AND THE FACT THIS NICE BRA ITS NOT AVAILABLE IN AT LEAST 10 EXOTIC COLORS AS WE AS WOMEN WANT BETTER CHOICES. FOR THIS REASON I COULDN'T GIVE IT 5 STARS !!
on July 18, 2017
Love, love, love this bra! No more back problems!! After trying every price point and brand available, I have finally found the perfect bra for a full busted woman. Recently I have started to have backaches in the middle of my back and realized it was just where my bra band was situated. I remembered the old ads for the Playtex 18 Hour Bra. After wearing much more expensive brands, I thought, "Why not give it a try? If it isn't better I haven't lost much." Wow! Was I surprised. The bra is built a little differently - in a good way. The straps are cushy and I don't even notice them. The band has a wide elastic back that supports without putting pressure on my back. I've been wearing this bra for a week now and have ordered two more. It is reasonably priced and has made a difference. I highly recommend it!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.