Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on May 11, 2014
For me, this bra didn't fit well in the cup area. There was extra fabric. Also, I don't like seams on the cups because it isn't as smooth. It didn't lift and support as in the photo. Many people obviously do like it, though, and it may fit you.

I ordered 2 other styles of bras by Playtex that fit and support me much better. My favorite of the two is The Ultimate Lift and Support Bra. It's very smooth in the cup area and lifts and supports as in the photo. By the way, I ordered the same size as this gel comfort strap bra. I first ordered one to see if it would work for me. Then, I ordered 2 more.

Of course, everyone is different. This is what worked for me.
It also has a higher review rating here on Amazon.
6 people found this helpful
on May 17, 2017
Even though this 38D fit ok, there is absolutely NO support in this bra at all. Zero. Zilch. Nada. The cup material is very thin with no kind of elastic in them, and even though it has a sling in each cup they do nothing to lift, hold, enhance or support the girls. My poor, sad bosoms just puddled in the bottom of the cup and left lots of puckered material on top. The straps are itchy. But the band fit nicely. Bra shopping on line is really hard.
2 people found this helpful
on November 24, 2014
First this was someones return, the package wasn't sealed and it smelled like old lady perfume. Lol, That's what we call certain scents of cologne and perfume that we only smell on older women. One day a few years ago my granddaughter came over, as I hugged her I said; "You smell like you been hugging an old lady." She and her mother looked at each other, then her mother asked her if the old lady they just visited hugged her, she said yes.

Anyway, I smelled it when I tried it on and noticed that the straps had been adjusted. There wasn't much room to adjust the straps, they are shorter than normal which made it a bit harder to get the bra on. But once on it was a little uncomfortable, not being used to a bra that fit so... closely. It picked the girls up of the floor, lol, they weren't actually on the floor but you know what I mean. The straps feel a little tight but the bra makes me look a little more shapely. I started the return process but discovered I was out of ink and couldn't print out the return label. I wasn't able to get ink before the return window expired. So I washed the bra on the sanitize cycle and started wearing it. I may try this in a larger size.
2 people found this helpful
on December 26, 2013
I am 7 1/2 months pregnant, so my bra size keeps changing. I have bought several bras through this pregnancy, more so than the other three pregnancies.Normally, I am barely a 34 B, now a 36 C. The girth measurment 36, the measurement around your rib cage to the back, can be difficult to find in a full support strap. Apparently, a lot of women prefer the thin strap. As someone with a bad spine, support is of utmost importance to me. So far, this is my favorite new bra. The girth strap is thick, almost 2 inches, and very soft. I like that there are multiple fasteners back there. It can take some getting used to if you normally wear the thin straps. Also, the shoulder straps are the perfect thickness. The thin straps had started cutting into my shoulders, leaving red marks and causing discomfort. These straps are very smooth and provide great support. I no longer feel the skin pulling from the top of my shest because of the weight of my chest. I do wish that the cup fabric was a little thicker. If you get cold, it can be obvious if your shirt is thin. Overall, though, I am very pleased.
on August 16, 2011
I'm 42/DDD plus size. I purchased 3. This bra fits really well and no wires! Also gives the support I NEED. I've gotten to the point I can't stand under wires. It's pretty too. The lavender is more a blue. Not two tone like the picture. The soaring blue is a light turquoise. When will the manufactures sell matching panties with all bras? lol
41 people found this helpful
on November 2, 2013
For a long time I thought this brand was for heavier chested women, I am sort of average on the lower scale. But when I tried them on at a department store they felt great. This is a great price for these bras because they usually run as much as $30 retail, so I have bought three of them. I don't care about the color. The straps are very comfortable and the cup really hugs the breast without cutting into it, pushing it or squashing it, it has a wide band (3 snaps) and it stays in place, others bras tended to ride up and cut into the breast during exercise, for example. All my life I had trouble with bra straps because I have sloped shoulders, these stay on all day. They are comfortable and flatter the figure. Thank God I found Playtex 18 Hour Wirefree Gel Comfort Strap.
on May 7, 2014
This bra is pretty well constructed. The gel straps are very comfortable and don't budge. The underseams are just as supportive as wires but they don't dig into your ribs. They tend to run a little big in the cups and a little small in the band. Since I am not built like a Hammer Films heroine, I will take that into account the next time I order one of these.
4 people found this helpful
on October 25, 2013
I had great expectations judging by all the really positive reviews...and I have to give this bra an A+ for comfort, but a C-MINUS for support.

When a bra is offered in DD sizes-one would "assume" it's going to do the job-it doesn't. This bra is fine for "at home" wear - and yes it's comfortable--but not to wear out--as I really don't want to keep "adjusting" in public....the back creeps up - and no longer offers any support.

And YES-I ordered the correct size...
ps-the straps are VERY comfortable - for that reason I will keep the 2 bras I ordered for AT HOME.

I wouldn't recommend this bra if you are over a 40C - even tho the larger sizes are offered. I think once you pass that size "wire free" just doesn't work!
on August 6, 2016
I bought 3 of these bras (40 C) 2 years ago and have had a great experience. They fit very well and after being washed many, many times they still keep their shape. No stretching, no ripping....everything is still intact. I would highly recommend this item and would definitely buy again. Thank you Playtex for a wonderful product.
One person found this helpful
on July 19, 2014
I specifically sought these bras as I have purchased them in the past and love them. The fit is stellar, unbelievable comfort with the gel straps and hold up well in wash. I have some that are more than a two years old, and they are as white as the day I received them. These comments do not include the ridiculously low price I paid for them. These bras normally run around $33; were on sale at Macy's for $17.82, and I paid $9 each for these at Atlantic Hosiery Outlet. There is no discernible difference between the ones for $33 and the ones for $9. I feel that I got quite a bargain, same style number and all.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.