Playz Edible Candy! Food Science STEM Chemistry Kit - 40+ DIY Make Your Own Chocolates and Candy Experiments for Boy, Girls, Teenagers, & Kids Ages 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13+ Years Old
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$25.00 (36%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- YUMMY TREATS - Inspiring young kids to learn has never been easier...or more delicious! Make chewy jelly candies, crystal rock candy, chocolates, lollipops, test for sugar, see how everything dissolves, and much more through science experiments. Best christmas or birthday gift for boys, girls, kids, & teens Ages 8, 9, 10, 11, 12+ Year Old
- EASY TO FOLLOW - The fact-filled colorful lab guide is full of pictures and information presented in a children friendly way so the kids can focus on the fun stuff!
- EXCITING EDUCATION - Combine STEM concepts hands on science projects to unleash a massive amount of learning potential in children and teenagers. STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
- LOADED WITH VALUE - Our Edible Candy kitchen science kit is filled with over 40 experiments, a 56 page activities and lab guide, and over 27 tools & ingredients. (Some additional common household supplies may be necessary for some experiments)
- TRUST OUR PLAYZ PROMISE - Do your research! You know the quality you will get when purchasing a Playz product. If you are unhappy with your purchase, contact us at anytime for a refund.
Frequently bought together
More to consider from our brands
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Test colorful, yummy formulas you can eat! STEM kits are designed by educators to be ‘Smart-Fun’ activities for children 8 and up under adult supervision that provide a natural way to work & learn together through purposeful science-based play.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The experiments and recipes are on the fun side, but the "STEM" label seems somewhat like a marketing gimmick, because the chemistry/science content of the manuals is quite sparse (it does contain some interesting content that could probably be understood by most kids though).
Finally, some of the recipes involve making caramel, which can produce serious burns as sugar water will get very hot and sticky. Parents need to be aware of these recipes and supervise their children accordingly.
Several other negatives: The box is too big, making what is provided in the kit look sparse. The cookbook/experiment books have very busy pages, small print, and use white on orange background bubbles that are not easy to read for my senior eyes.
On the positive side, the teachable moments with this set are many and may cause the adult to stretch as well. For example, part of the explanation of states of matter included ionization, which I had to look up to remember just what an ion is.
Update 12/27/2018: if the USA branch of Playz would add a simple equivalents chart to the kit it would be much better. For example, recipes sometimes reference cups and sometimes teacups. Super Recipe #3 in Book 1 calls for 250 g (grams) of icing sugar. Best I can tell from the internet that is 2 cups, but is that American cups or UK teacups, and are teacups the same as metric cups.. I would love to help them know what might need to be on that sheet.
Also, it is unclear how the two books are supposed to be related. Book 1 refers to some things in Book 2 and viscera as if the material has already been covered.
Here are my thoughts..
- There are 2 booklets full of chemistry information, experiments, and fun things to try
-I kept thinking how great this would be for a teacher or classroom. The experiment explanations are fairly comprehensive and educational
-The actual recipes for candy were hard to find within the booklets and could have had better directions
-The flavorings included were not our favorite
All in all, I give it 4 stars because my daughter loved it and she learned something in the process.
update 07/10/18--so far the "candy" has not been good, the worms were a complete flop and took forever trying to get them to work.....never did---seriously thinking about sending these back