Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14 reviews
on September 3, 2014
I usually wear size 12, and these boots are a perfect fit. I love these boots and I get tons of comments about how great they look. Contrary to some other reviewers, I had no issues with the zipper. No need to oil it.

However, I did have one major issue I haven't seen anyone else mention: I found it impossible to get the straps to fit through the buckles. The straps have rivets and these were not sufficiently compressed by the manufacturer, which effectively made it too thick to fit. I probably struggled with one boot for more than half an hour before realizing that this is not going to work. After using a vise to compress (flatten) the rivets, I was able to thread them through the buckle with reasonable effort. Of course this is a non-issue once it's taken care of, but I wanted to mention this in case someone else runs into this issue figuring my comment might be helpful.

UPDATE: Now I'm a year older and wiser. The other day it suddenly dawned on me that you're not *supposed* to thread the straps through the buckles in nice orderly fashion. With experience, I now realize that doing that makes these boots less edgy - not what most buyers of these boots wants. I need to undo my mistake now. I wish the boots came with a note explaining this though. In hindsight everything's 20/20!
on November 28, 2014
I bought these for Halloween as part of a Steampunk Pirate outfit (I had a large budget that year). When they arrived, I was more than pleasantly surprised at the fit & quality, especially after some of the 2012 reviews. As a motocross guy in my teens, full length boots were the norm; these instantly felt great. Fast forward a bunch of years to an "old man" on a Harley who rides a LOT (average over 20k miles a year, and that includes years where I can "only" get in 15,000 due to work and/or weather). These are my GO TO long ride boots. Took a 3 week, 6,000 miles ride last August and wore these all day, every day, to include at dinner and our for a beer or few at night.

No, they didn't change my life, but I swear ... if my toes had genitals, my socks would be regularly soaked.
on January 21, 2015
I definitely receive compliments from a wide demographic range of people whenever I wear these detailed boots. Both the foot and shaft of the boots are constructed of finished genuine leather. I recommend that the boots are thoroughly oiled inside and out with your favorite leather conditioner or genuine "pure" neatsfoot oil before use. (You know, test your oil product on an inconspicuous area first). Further, it is necessary to oil and work the strong, heavy duty zippers. The zippers will work best when both sides are straight. Check for this whenever the zippers hang up on you, and just flex your ankle to straighten them out. I also added my favorite "gel insoles," as I experience my own sort of orthopedic problems, but I would recommend this action to other purchasers, as well. To assure my comfort, I normally wear outdoor boot socks with any sort of heavy leather boot, such as these. I selected my size based upon the chart and my own preference for men's steel-toed work boots, and these fit my feet exactly as I had anticipated. In addition, the calf leather is generous enough to fit my burly calves without showing any gaps, but I am chunky and muscular, not super super huge. I successfully wore these boots all day on my first outing with them, but I recommend that most people should bring a spare set of shoes when breaking in any new pair, because one does not always anticipate the need to switch out when you desire relief and comfort.
on January 22, 2014
Used to be goth in my teens and now I work in an office as a Car loan debt collector... I have to be presentable at work dress shoes and tie so I really didn't buy these thinking I would use them constantly.....
Bought this bad boys in Halloween for my works costume party (i was a pirate) and loves the boots, and now that its cold i been taking this EVERY DAY almost to work lol !! with my dress pants and these under you cant tell they are what they are unless u pull your pants up heheh VERY comfortable and warm! also SUPER EASY to put and take off i will buy another paid once these die in 10-20 years from now

CONS: the zipper is NEAR IMPOSSIBLE to open and close when you 1st get these..... i nearly lost my fingers and nails trying to lower the zipper..... in time they will be super easy to zip em though (about 3-5 days)
Tip: use baby oil on the metal zipper (helped a lot)
on January 10, 2017
I really like the style of these boots but there are a few things that aren't so great. The buckles are Very hard to buckle. I actually had to use pliers to work them. Be careful to not get shards of metal under your skin when oiling these boots too. All in all they are really cool boots and I would recommend them to others.
on February 11, 2015
I actually ended up returning these as I was unable to latch the buckles since the eyelets were too large to push through. I could've smashed them, but I didn't want to risk damaging them and I didn't feel this should be necessary after paying this much for boots. I traded them for Rocky-30s in the same size and they fit spot on and weren't as open around the ankle.
The Gravel-22 looked awesome. Not sure why they're listed as women's boots since they're sized for men.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2016
i didnt return them i gave them away instead to a cheap hooker. i loved the style of the boots, they were great. i wanted a MAN SIZE that would have fit me!!! thats why i ordered them. oh well. better luck next time. at least the hooker got something out of it.
on March 4, 2014
I am a size 11 (perfect for me on these pairs), at rare times & depending on the maker, 10 ½ will do me better. As for the boots, oh my!? They are well built, materials are grand & the style design is like totally tubular/bitchen! Steel toe, 20 eye hidden underneath the buckles/straps & solid zipper (Z-made to last) that will need light lubrication on first usage. Boots for the punk/goth/biker or anything Mad Max!
on August 1, 2013
I am a female who usually wears a 7 in men's shoes and the 7s fit. These are very good workmanship. Good leather. I lubed the heavy-duty zippers w/liquid teflon and worked them carefully for a while and they are much easier to zip now. Can't wait to wear them to the next concert!
on March 16, 2016
Nice boots

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.