Plugable USB 2.0 2-Port High Speed Ultra Compact Hub/Splitter (480 Mbit/s, USB 2.0 Windows, Linux, OS X, Chrome OS)
|Price:||$10.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Plugable USB 2.0 2-Port High Speed Hub. USB bus powered, requires no additional AC power. This hub is intended for low or self powered devices. Example: Connecting two external hard drives will result in one or both failing to operate.
- *USB HUB IS NOT FOR CHARGING*. Functions as a USB hub only and will NOT charge mobile or any other devices. No special charging functionality for charging an iPad, iPhone, or other tablet and smartphone devices with or without a PC connected. Not BC 1.1 / 1.2 compatible.
- Hub enables connecting 2 additional USB devices to a single USB port. Works with USB 3.0, 2.0, or 1.1 host controllers and devices on Windows, Mac, and Linux/Unix computers at USB 2.0 speeds. Transfer rates are device and USB host controller dependent. Fully plug and play, devices can be hot-plugged. Requires no driver installation (although individual devices may require drivers).
- Sleek piano black finish. Ultra compact, travel friendly design with a built-in 12-inch USB cable.
- Apple notes: Note that some Apple devices such as the Apple SuperDrive look for Apple-specific signaling and will not work when connected through any USB hub.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Common uses include connecting both keyboard and mouse via a single USB cable, industrial environments where space is a premium, and for any situation where a simple USB 2 port splitter is required. Great for travel due to the ultra compact design and built in 12-inch USB cable.
HUB IS NOT A STANDALONE CHARGER. IT WILL NOT CHARGE ANY DEVICE. Functions as a USB hub only and will not charge phones and/or tablets: No special charging functionality for charging an iPad, iPhone, or other tablet and smartphone devices with or without a PC connected. Not BC 1.1 / 1.2 compatible.
This bus-powered hub shares available power (500mA) from the single upstream USB port to each of the two downstream USB ports. Because power is shared, devices connected via the hub should be low powered (keyboards, mice, etc), or self-powered (printers, powered hubs, externally powered hard drives).
Does this USB hub charge connected devices?
No. The Plugable USB 2.0 2-Port Hub is not intended for charging any mobile- or other devices. Both ports on the 2 port hub share the available power from the one upstream port (at maximum 500mA shared). It is intended for low or self powered devices and is not suitable for charging.
Can I connect two USB bus powered external hard drives?
No. One or both external hard drives will drop off the USB bus since this USB hub splits 500mA at best between both USB ports.
We love our Plugable products and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 1-year limited parts and labor warranty and Seattle-based email support.
Top Customer Reviews
The product seems to meet the electrical standards described in its specifications.
I intended to use the device in an automobile to expand an available USB port to support 2 flash drives.
See the uploaded pictures. The flash drive cases touch and both drives cases place stress on the drive and port connections. UPDATE: Can't upload my user images to this review :(
You should observe the inability to mount 2 flash drives (I tried various drives) in a manner that permits tight electrical and mechanical connections. Such tight connections are important in a moving vehicle.
I suggest buyers with similar needs consider the spacing between hub ports (vertical and horizontal).
Communications with Plugable Technologies concerning this matter were prompt and professional. I would consider using the company for other products.
I decided to give the Plugable a try. The way it works is that you hook the Appel Camera Connection Kit (CCK) to the iPhone's Lightning port and then you plug the Plugable into the CCK. Then you take a USB DAC (I use a Dragonfly DAC) into the Plugable and hook the headphones to the DAC. For this purpose, with this exact setup, I was able to get audio to my headphones in both 44.1Khz and 96khz signals.
This was exactly what I was looking for! I have attached a picture that shows it working with my setup. (If you have no idea what I am talking about in this post, don't worry, it is only for audiophiles looking for this exact solution).
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It works to fool my phone into thinking my O2 DAC has enough power. This is my setup: Moto G > Startech Micro USB OTG > Plugable USB Hub > USB Cable > Objective 2... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Nicholas G. Turner
My Yamaha PSR S950 has a port on the back and I have to switch USB's often which is difficult and could eventually damage the port.. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Gerry, Arizona
I guess in my mind 12" is longer than this. I even measured it because it really seemed shorter. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Marcy J. Duquette
Works great! No issues. Received it quickl, open the package, plugged it into my laptop an viola!it works. Read morePublished 2 months ago by RetailTherapist