|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||2|
Plugable USB 2.0 Switch for One-Button Swapping of USB Device/Hub Between Two Computers (A/B switch)
|Price:||$12.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Compact design provides easy one-touch switching of a USB device or hub between two computers
- Great for sharing a printer, scanner, or other USB device between two computers (one computer has access at a time). Attach a powered USB hub that is connected to keyboard, mouse, and USB graphics adapter for an all-USB KVM solution
- Switch works with any USB-enabled computer without drivers - attached devices may require drivers as usual. LED indicator lights show which connected computer has control of the attached devices
- SPECIAL NOTE: Not recommended for switching mass storage devices such as hard drives, flash drives, camera memory cards, etc. For best results, we *highly recommend* using the provided 3ft/1m cables to connect the USB switch to your computers and to keep the USB cable which connects your peripheral to the USB switch under 6ft/1.8m.
- We love our Plugable products and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 1-year limited parts and labor warranty and Seattle-based email support.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Connect two computers to the switch via the included five-foot USB A-to-B cables, attach either a single USB device or a powered USB hub connected to multiple USB devices (cable not included for switch-to-device/hub attachment), and start enjoying the benefits of switched access. Driver installation for the attached devices may be required on the connected computers.
A single button press is all that's required to change control of the attached devices between the connected computers. LED indicator lights show which connected computer has control.
For anyone considering a KVM switch to provide two-computer access to a single keyboard, mouse, and display, the same result is possible with the Plugable USB2-SWITCH2. Just attach the switch to a powered USB hub that's connected to a keyboard, mouse, and USB graphics adapter for an all-USB KVM solution.
- The USB2-SWITCH2 works without drivers on any USB-enabled computer (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- The switch can connect USB 2.0/1.1-compliant devices and hubs, but to function in USB 2.0 mode, the host PC and attached device or hub both must be USB 2.0 compliant
- Not recommended for switching mass storage devices such as hard drives, flash drives, camera memory cards, etc as these devices should be unmounted/"ejected" in the host OS prior to switching
- USB devices that require the full 500mA of bus power provided by USB 2.0 are not recommended for use with this switch
In the Box
Plugable USB 2.0 switch, two 5' USB 2.0 A-to-B cables for connecting two computers to the switch
We love our Plugable products and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 1-year limited parts and labor warranty and Seattle-based email support.
Top Customer Reviews
It comes with the two USB cables needed to connect to two computers. No need to buy more USB cables. Everything works well. Only downside, if I have to list something, would be the button must be pressed with some force. I wish that the button takes a lighter touch.
I had this for over a a year now and I wanted to add few things. The button is small and narrow and it takes some pressure to press the button. If you're switching back and forth frequently, it gets annoying. Also, frequently one channel will not recognize mouse/keyboard;I have to switch back and forth to make it work (usually once flip will do.) Since I purchased this, I've noticed that there are other choices (listed below). I haven't tried them yet but they have received good reviews. Both of these devices appear to have bigger buttons so at least that solves one of my complaints about Plugable switch. Caveat is they are a lot more expensive at $35 and $30 each.
SIIG SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Switch 2-to-1 Adapter (JU-SW0012-S1)
IOGEAR 2 x 4 USB 2.0 Peripheral Sharing Switch (GUS402)
Review on USB3.Read more ›
Much to my delight, the switch worked as advertised. I had a PC with a USB attached printer that I needed to share with a laptop. For various reasons it was impracticable to connect the printer to a network or share it as a host based printer off the PC it was attached to. As soon as I installed the switch to the PC, laptop and printer, and switched the switch to the laptop, the laptop immediately recognized the printer as a new device and asked if I wanted to install it. After I installed it I was able to switch seamlessly between the 2 computers and print immediately with no 7 second lag time as noted by another reviewer. While in Windows 7 Devices and Printers on the PC, if the switch was switched to the laptop, the printer icon would show up but be greyed out. As soon as I pushed the button on the switch to go to the PC the printer icon would come to life and be available to print.
I am extremely happy with this product and the only recommendation I would make for improvement would be to make all the connections come out the back of the switch. This would make placing the switch on the desk where you can push the button much more esthetic. The way it is now you pretty much have to position the switch at an angle so that the cables don't come out the front and loop around taking up space on your desk, and it doesn't look as professional as it could be.
Be sure to use a good reliable 'powered' USB hub for port multiplication. I, myself had experienced external hard drive detection issues when I first attempted to use a non-powered hub and my first knee-jerk reaction was to blame this inexpensive device. I then disconnected and utilized a Cyber-Power externally powered USB hub that I had attached to an alternate workstation and the device then performed beautifully. Cyberpower CP-H420P USB Hub, 4-Port, USB 2.0, 480Mbps, 1.1/2.0 Compatible, PC/MAC PlugNPlay
This device is small, attractive and convenient. I am well pleased so far.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works perfectly and is exactly as shown in the picture. I'm using this to switch between 2 computers. I wish this had integrated multiport USB hub in it. Read morePublished 26 minutes ago by celamin
It only works well consistently with computers. It does mention Windows/Mac/Linux as what it is compatible with, but still you'd think that since it doesn't require drivers, it... Read morePublished 1 day ago by Hastor
This little box works like a charm. Too bad the computer doesn't.Published 2 days ago by Carolyn Williams
I ordered two of these switches. they were easy too install and the sme o operate. The LED lights indicating which connection is active is a nice touch.Published 2 days ago by Frederick H. Andrus
This works perfectly for my needs, I don't need monitor connections only keyboard/mouse. I'm using USB wireless keyboard mouse combo and this is prefect. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Stuart Wood
Simple, old-school solution to sharing a printer. Tried a software solution first but was stuck troubleshooting from the get-go which I had no patience for. Read morePublished 4 days ago by AK
Works great - plug it in, no hassle. Does exactly what it is supposed to do.Published 5 days ago by Frank