Spring Deals Automotive HPC Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18SW_gno

on February 24, 2011
The first seven port hub from Pluggable Technologies I received had a problem that apparently affected only a few users. My PC would not boot if the hub was plugged in. If I booted first and then plugged in the hub, it worked. This of course was not acceptable. I contacted support. I got an immediate response acknowledging they had had isolated reports of this from a few users. Pluggable Technologies said they were implementing a new model to resolve this issue and promised a replacement at the earliest possible time. The replacement came in a reasonable time and solved the problem.

This kind of outstanding support, rather than the typical stalling type response some vendors use, impresses me even more than the fact the hub does everything it is supposed to as well as being easy to install. This is the kind of PC company I like to find.Plugable 7 Port High Speed USB 2.0 Hub with 3A Power Adapter
on April 8, 2013
I needed a powered hub that could offload some of the power used by a keyboard, mouse, hard drive and so on from my XBMC Raspberry Pi. This fits the bill perfectly, and looks pretty snazzy in the process. It has a beefy 3 amp supply.

I haven't had the problem in earlier reviews about the loose power connector. Apparently they have resolved this issue.

7 ports is plenty, 5 around the outside and two are under the top sliding part. It slides just enough to expose the ports. probably the best bet for usb sticks and such.

Only con I can think of is that it has enough ports to look like a spaghetti mess if you use them all, but hey at least you have that option.

Probably going to pick another up soon. You won't be disappointed.
on May 5, 2017
I've only had this product for a few days and will update this review after I had used this product more. My biggest issue so far is that it keeps interfering with my wireless 3.0 USB mouse, if I keep it at an arms length at the very limit of it's range it works just fine however, if I bring it closer it stops working. This is something the manufacturer should in my opinion should take a look at. That's why it only gets 3 stars at the moment and I may update that as time goes on.
on April 21, 2013
I purchased this product to expand the number of available USB ports for my MacBook Air. It works great, because many devices require more power than a keyboard USB or other port can provide. This product should provide the extra power those devices need and now I won't have to unplug any devices in order to connect more.

Update Nov. 2016: I just purchased a second one of these to expand USB ports at my wife's retail business with a Windows 7 based computer. The one for my Macbook Air continues to work great and the new unit was a simple plug and play installation on Windows. I was able to add three USB peripherals to my wife's office computer.
on March 10, 2011
Like many of the other reviewers, I've gone through several powered USB hubs, finding that none of them had sufficient oomph to power multiple devices even when both the hub and devices were powered! This hub is great. It's got a 3A power supply, is solidly built and fairly compact. It just works!

I spent a fair amount of $$ on two Belkin USB 2.0 Plus Hub (7 Port) F5U307-WHT hubs, both of which seemed to work for a while and then began randomly dropping devices. This particular hub even has a 3.8A power supply!

I've only had this Plugable for a couple weeks, but so far it's rock solid. Availability seems to be an issue with Plugable products, though, as this and other items are frequently unavailable. Otherwise xcellent product!
on May 11, 2017
This thing worked for a while, especially with fewer ports used. But once I got up to 7 errors started to occur. My 4tb external harddrive became permanently corrupted and I couldnt fix it. Accessing it took forever, and starting my computer would freeze forever until I unplugged it.

Once I removed the drive from the pluggable hub and put it directly into my computer it went much faster. It was still corrupted, but I could at least reformat it and get it working again. I lost a ton of data to realize this hub is poorly designed. I believe I was simply drawing too much power for it to work correctly.

I have 2 wireless dongles, a keyboard, and Xbox controller, a USB sound card, and 2 hard drives. The drives are the only thing drawing a lot of power im pretty sure.
on December 1, 2017
Using this with my Raspberry Pi Media player. I have two ext hard drives and two thumb drives running into my Raspberry Pi USB and have had no issues. Been working fine for about 4 months now.
on September 19, 2017
Seemed like very poor quality. Had issues, opened the cover, and one of the capacitors had just fallen off the board. Seemed like a bad solder job. Might be a fluke but I was not impressed.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 2, 2014
This works like a charm, everything I've asked of it. But don't forget to power it up - it still works but will drain your tablet's power in a hurry,
on May 21, 2017
Purchased in 2013 and it still works well.