The HUB7BC features two internal VIA Labs VL811+ USB 3.0 hub chipsets with the latest 9095 firmware for maximum forward and backwards compatibility between nearly all USB 3.0, 2.0, and 1.1 hosts and devices.
The VIA Lab’s VL811+ is an advanced USB 3.0 Hub controller featuring low power consumption, comprehensive USB charging support, and supports USB power management, allowing for improved power-efficient operation.
Included with the HUB7BC is a robust 60W (12V, 5A) UL certified power adapter with a removable 6 foot power cable (standard IEC320 C7) that fits US, Canadian, and Japanese AC wall outlets. In addition the power supply supports 100-240V at 50/60Hz. With an AC outlet adapter (not included) it can be used worldwide. Also included is a 3 foot/1m USB 3.0 A to B cable to connect the hub to the host computer.
- The hub itself requires no driver installation (although individual devices may require drivers). Supports Microsoft Windows 10 through XP, Mac OS X, and Linux kernels 3.0 and later.
- Installing latest USB 3.0 xHCI host controller drivers is recommended. This hub is not recommended for use with older Texas Instruments, Fresco Logic, Etron, or Wistron USB 3.0 host controllers.
- Older Mac Pros with USB 3.0 PCI Express add-on cards may not work with this or any USB 3.0 hub.
- The Apple SuperDrive is not compatible (see Apple HT201788).
- 2.4Ghz wireless devices such as keyboard/mouse receivers, Bluetooth and WiFi adapters, may not work in close proximity to USB 3.0 devices or hubs.