|Item model number||FBA_USBC-FLASH3|
|Item Weight||1.44 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||7.2 x 1 x 4.5 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||7.25 x 1 x 4.5 inches|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Plugable USB C SD Card Reader - Compatible with 2017 MacBook Pro, 12" Retina MacBook & More (Thunderbolt 3 Port Compatible, Supports SD, MMC, MS Cards)
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$15.04 (50%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Add a blazing-fast card reader to your USB 3.1 Type-C (USB-C) Compatible with Late 2016 / 2017 / 2018 MacBook Pro, 12" Retina MacBook, Chromebook Pixel 2015, and virtually all USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 host PCs. NOTE: Mac ports are very tight, and may require additional force for full insertion.
- Supports All Common Secure Digital (SD), MultiMediaCard (MMC), and Memory Stick (MS) Card Types
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Supported out of the box by Mac-, Linux- and Windows Desktop or Laptop systems. Mobile plattforms however are more than likely not supported since most Android devices with USB-C ports *DO NOT SUPPORT* adding on mass storage devices (rooting/jailbraking is required for this functionality). Ask the device manufacturer if adding mass storage via USB-C port is possible before purchase.
- SD, SDHC, and SDXC cards are supported in UHS-I mode up to 104 MB/sec. Supports SDXC / MSXC Cards up to 2 TB in size. Note: Physical write-protect switch on SD cards not supported
- We love our Plugable products and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 1-year limited parts and labor warranty and Seattle-based email support.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Plugable's USB Type-C (USB-C) flash card reader is a great option for anyone looking for an easy way to add support for the most common storage media types to their USB-C enabled system. Expand the usability of your USB-C system by enabling access to removable storage cards used in many digital cameras, MP3 players, and mobile phones. Compact design for easy portability, with a permanently attached flexible, robust USB cable to enable connections in tight spots.
Operates at USB 3.1 Gen 1 speeds. SD, SDHC, and SDXC cards are supported in UHS-I mode up to 104 MB/sec for maximum SD card performance. The benefits of USB 3.1's increased throughput over USB 2.0 are seen on SD cards class 10 and up.
NOTE: Mac ports are very tight, and may require additional force for full insertion.
Technical Specifications and Media Compatibility
Uses the Realtek RTS5307 chipset featuring:
- SD, SDHC, SDXC, MicroSD (Trans-Flash), MicroSDHC, and MicroSDXC cards are supported in UHS-I mode up to 104 MB/sec
- Memory Stick (MS), MS Pro, MS Duo, MS Pro Duo, HS MS, Micro-MS (M2) with adapter, MSPRO-HG Duo, MSPRO-HG Micro, MSXC
- Supports newer high-capacity cards: SDXC / MSXC Cards up to 2 TB in size
- MultiMediaCard (MMC), RSMMC, Mobile-MMC, MMCPlus, MMC-micro
Driverless compatibility with modern USB 3.1 capable systems including Windows (10, 8.1/8), Mac OS X (10.10 Yosemite and newer), and Linux (3.x Kernel and newer versions).
Special note for Android and other Mobile Platforms:
Mobile plattforms however are more than likely not supported since 95% of Android devices with USB-C ports *DO NOT SUPPORT* adding on mass storage devices (rooting/jailbraking is required for this functionality). Android compatibility varies by device and is limited to devices running Android 6.0 and later with a full-sized USB-C port with storage mounting capabilites for peripherals. It is best to ask the Android device manufacturer if the Realtek RTS5307 chipset is compatible with the device before purchase.
Compare with similar items
Seller Warranty DescriptionWe love our Plugable products and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 1-year limited parts and labor warranty and Seattle-based email support.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I keep this is my camera bag for convenience sake. It does not require much real estate and I much rather prefer this than a stick type card reader.
Initially, I was worried about the aesthetics, but to be honest, the quality of the product in terms of speed and functionality outweights the design.
Regardless, as many others have posted - this is a BUY.
BUY BUY BUY!
Forget about the all the other products that match apple aesthetics. You'd spend more time worrying about the read/write time and you'd be paying 2-3 times the price.
Value. That is what this product has. Every professional should have one in their arsenal - well, just the ones who decided to buy the new MacBook Pro and are forced to look for alternatives, which is what happens to me - Good Game.
I am very satisfied with this purchase and will continue to buy from Plugable since they always seem to have quality products and excellent support.
I hope you find this brief review helpful. If so, please click Yes or Helpful below.
I only use the SD card slot. This does work with my computer. It fits in the port properly, it is lightweight, and the cord is not very long so this will stay pretty close to your computer on the table instead of dangling over the side (I never actually use my computer in my lap). It is plug and play with no drivers required. It is easy to insert the card and to remove it from the card reader. I don't know how to measure reading speed, but I can open 20 or 30 large (1466 pixel width) photographs in Photoshop on my computer from the card and not have any trouble, so I am assuming this card reader is working as intended.
The only criticism I have is that sometimes, my computer doesn't pick up that I have inserted a card and I have to remove it and reinsert it. I never have to do this more than once, so it's not a huge issue, but it has prevented me from giving the full five stars.
The card appears as an unnamed drive on my desktop. It needs to be ejected as you would any external drive (just removing the card will work; you don't have to take the whole card reader out) or the computer will give you an error message (if you're using a Mac, anyway).
Overall, though, I am happy with the purchase and would get this same one again if I had it to do over.
I was surprised to find that Apple does not yet make a memory card reader for the new 2016 Macbook Pros. I am glad now that they don't because I would have mindlessly purchased it! Instead I got this little guy that works flawlessly at a fraction of the cost. Fits snugly in my Macbook Pro.
Most recent customer reviews
I like to always use 'Protected' mode on the SD card (signals that the system can not modify the contents of...Read more