- Save 40% on an adapter for USB-C computers when you purchase 1 or more Plugable UD-3900 Docking Stations offered by Plugable Technologies. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Plugable USB 3.0 Universal Laptop Docking Station ...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 47% off the $159.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Plugable USB 3.0 Universal Laptop Docking Station for Windows (Dual Video HDMI & DVI / VGA, Gigabit Ethernet, Audio, 6 USB Ports)
|Sale:||$94.11 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$65.88 (41%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Provides SuperSpeed USB 3.0 (5Gbps) link from PC to dual video, gigabit Ethernet, audio input/output, and two USB 3.0 ports. (VIA VL811+ chipset with latest 9095 firmware. USB 2.0 backwards compatibility, plug and play, devices can be hot-swapped, supports USB over-current protection)
- HDMI port supports resolutions up to 2560x1440* and DVI/VGA port supports display resolutions up to 2048x1152 / 1920x1200; wired Ethernet port supports 10/100/1000Mbps speeds
- Full support for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, & legacy XP systems. Surface RT, Mac OS X, and Linux/Unix are not supported. Docking station suggested for use with web and productivity software; not recommended for gaming
- *2560x1440 output only available when using a single HDMI display. If dual displays are connected, each will be limited to a maximum resolution of 1920x1200. 2560x1440 output requires a "High Speed" HDMI cable. 2560x1440 mode operates at a 50Hz refresh rate; all lower modes support 60Hz refresh. 2560x1440 output requires current DisplayLink drivers and attached monitor must natively support 2560x1440 via HDMI input
- We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 1 year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Plugable USB 3.0 Universal Laptop Docking Station for Windows (Dual Video HDMI & DVI / VGA, Gigabit Ethernet, Audio, 6 USB Ports)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Plugable Technologies||Plugable Technologies||Ocean Technology LLC||AnkerDirect||Amazon.com||cables4computer|
|Item Dimensions||5 x 8.5 x 4 in||1.18 x 5.91 x 5.91 in||4.33 x 8.66 x 1.3 in||3.5 x 8.39 x 1.02 in||1.3 x 8.8 x 3.4 in||7.5 x 11 x 4 in|
|Item Weight||0.81 lb||0.88 lb||0.67 lb||0.8 lb||1 lb||1 lb|
One-stop upgrade for your Windows tablet, laptop, or desktop. Connect up to two additional monitors and nine accessories through a single USB cable. Includes the latest drivers and firmware for compatibility with Windows 10 and earlier. Backward compatible with most USB 2.0 PCs. Features two graphics ports: an HDMI port and a DVI-I port with VGA adapter for mirroring/extending your Windows desktop to external monitors, a Gigabit Ethernet port, audio input/output, two USB 3.0 ports, and four USB 2.0 ports.
With graphics, networking, and USB hub chipsets that have been selected and tested together to ensure maximum quality, the UD-3900 provides:
- An HDMI and a DVI port for connecting two external monitors and support for resolutions up to 2560×1440* (HDMI only) and DVI / VGA up to 1920×1200 (DVI-to-VGA adapter also included)
- An RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet network port (also supports 10/100 Ethernet)
- External headphone/speaker output jack and a microphone line-in
- Two USB 3.0 ports for accessories (such as an external hard drive or another USB graphics adapter)
- Four USB 2.0 ports (great for legacy devices such as keyboards, mice and printers)
- Windows 10, 8.1, 7, and XP drivers can be automatically installed by Windows Update (with an existing Internet connection) or can be downloaded from Plugable.
- USB graphics require dual-core 2GHz+ CPU and 2GB RAM for best performance.
- Requires supported Intel / AMD / NVIDIA main GPU and WDDM compatible driver (most recent systems meet this requirement).
- Ethernet port requires full-duplex network infrastructure.
- Updated USB 3.0 host controller drivers and graphics drivers suggested for best performance and compatibility.
- Cannot be mixed with non-DisplayLink USB graphics adapters and drivers (e.g. MCT, j5, or SMSC).
- Mac OS X, ARM-based versions of Windows (Surface RT) and Linux/Unix are not supported.
- Supports a single HDMI display up to 2560x1440@50Hz, or dual 1920x1080 displays @60Hz
- DVI dual-link connection not supported. 2560x1440 (1440P) resolution only available with native HDMI monitor. 1440P not supported when using HDMI-to-DVI adapter/cable or DVI monitor.
- Does not support HDCP, and will not allow for playback of encrypted Bluray disks or copy-protected content.
- Suggested for web/productivity software; not recommended for gaming.
Power and Charging
- Functions as a USB hub only; no special charging functionality for charging tablets and smartphone devices.
- Does not provide power to attached host laptop or tablet; the host system will still require its power cable/charger.
The Plugable UD-3900 comes with a UL certified 5V/4A (20W) power adapter (US AC Wall Outlet Plug, 100-240V 50/60Hz); a USB 3.0 Type-A male to Type-B male cable (USB 2.0 compatible); a passive DVI-to-VGA port adapter; a quick-install guide; and a drivers CD.
Seller Warranty DescriptionWe love our Plugable products and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 1-year limited parts and labor warranty and Seattle-based email support.
Top Customer Reviews
- Well made and balanced - stays upright pretty easily
- I do appreciate how Plugable uses the Displaylink drivers directly - always gives you the latest version of it
- Drivers installed flawlessly and without a reboot
The not so good:
- There is still noticeable lag in the mouse and keyboard actions
- Dragging things like Windows around your desktop also cause lag, along with tearing of the image. A big bump in CPU use is also noted when this happens
- Youtube drops many, many frames in 720p, and there is compression applied
For regular Excel, and Word, this may prove ideal, but I think I will return the device, and make do with a regular USB 3.0 dock with a USB sound card, and Ethernet adapter, with the penalty of having to plug one additional thing in every time (the HDMI port on my laptop). It's just the laws of computing (cramming 1080p video bandwidth down a USB pipe) that is the limitation.
I received an email from Plugable after they had read my review and suggested one key change: That I enable Aero desktop in Windows. Apparently non-Aero Windows (such as the Windows Classic theme I was using) are not accelerated by the GPU and instead are rendered by the CPU. After doing this, the lag and compression artifacts decreased significantly - almost to imperceptible levels, and large spikes in CPU were no longer present. I was also able to watch Youtube videos without dropped frames in HD. I am awarding two additional stars, one that represents the performance of the product, and the other for the excellent, and unprompted customer service that Plugable provides. I also failed to mention that I had a 3TB USB 3.0 hard drive plugged in to the device as well, with no noticeable issues or performance hit.
And in walks the Plugable UD-3900.
While the UD-3900 wasn't built specifically for the Surface Pro 2, it works beautifully. Even with the incredibly snappy Amazon Prime shipping Plugable sent me an email before I got the unit with a link to the latest drivers and contact information in case I had problems. Being impatient like I am, I installed the drivers right away and anxiously awaited the package.
When the UD-3900 showed up it took no time to hook it up and start using it. Everything just worked. Mostly. But I'll get to that later. I've used USB monitors in the past, and they've always disappointed me. They were always a little laggy and sluggish. I was worried the UD-3900 would suffer the same disappointment. It definitely did not. I was able to drive both of my 23" monitors with ease. The additional USB ports were very handy and the added network speed of the UD-3900's Gb Ethernet jack was extra icing on the cake. I can't explain how easy it was to get everything working flawlessly. It just worked. With one exception...
The UD-3900 was sending all its audio through the crappy, tinny little speakers on the monitor I had hooked up via HDMI. That wasn't quite the experience I had in mind. Even when I connected my regular speakers to the headphone jack on the UD-3900 the sound stayed on my monitor. I replied to the email Plugable initially sent me and told them my tale of woe. They replied in less than an hour, on a Saturday afternoon! They gave me a couple of things to try. When those things didn't pan out they immediately sent me out a replacement unit. I got the replacement unit today and it works like a champ.
A few of my friends are picking up Surface Pro 2s, and I'm recommending the UD-3900 to all of them.