|Item Weight||2.79 pounds|
|Package Dimensions||11.7 x 6.8 x 6.6 inches|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
DrainX Plumbing Snake Drain Auger | 25-Ft Drain Cleaning Cable Plumbers Auger with Work Gloves and Storage Bag Included!
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Our 25 Foot drain snake is a great tool for quick and easy declogging of your drains and pipes! The drum housing is made of a high quality/impact polymer that is made to last.
- 1/4" Dia. Steel cable for use with 1-1/4" to 2" Pipes. Quick Adjustments: The snake is fully bendable and flexible, which makes it perfect for traps, S or L pipes. Works great for bathtub drain, bathroom drain, shower drain, kitchen and bathroom sinks, downspouts, and sewer drains
- Please Note: It is not recommended to use this drum auger to clear a toilet clog as the snake may damage the porcelain. In addition, the 1/4 diameter drain snake may get twisted inside the large diameter of the toilet drain. Before using the drum auger please use gloves and proper eye wear to prevent any injuries.
- Easy Work Gloves and Drawstring Carrying Pouch Included! Instruction manual is visible on this page.
- Our Guarantee: DrainX manufactures a variety of quality drain cleaning solutions for both the do it yourself-er and the professional. We know that sometimes things can get a bit messy. We are here to help! Please contact us with any questions or concerns. All our products also come with a 1 year warranty for additional peace of mind.
Customer ratings by feature
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
DrainX manufactures quality drain cleaning equipment for both do it your-selfers and professionals. Our main focus is innovation, quality and durability. We research and find the additional features our customers are looking for in their equipment, and diligently work to find a solution.
- Innovation and Quality is Our Priority
Plastic Plumbing Snake Drain Auger
Essential household tool for drain clog removal
Compact designed plastic auger drain cleaner is a cost efficient and versatile tool for any household or professional, portable for easy navigation & placement. Two way manual spinning knob easily advances and retracts cable, preventing any bodily injury as well as mitigates contact with harmful microorganisms that infest any rugged surfaces.
- Ideal for minor tasks as well as stubborn and frequent clogs that does not warrant a visit from an expensive plumbing service provider.
- Unclogs most household drain clogs and does not require professional training, make sure to read instruction manuals and wear safety equipment as mentioned.
- Features a center-balanced grip that helps improve control and offers an effortless operation.
- Supported Pipe Diameters - 1-1/4" to 2"
- Cable thickness - 1/4" Diameter
Loosen the thuhmbscrew to release the steel snake from locked drum housing
Hold auger 4-5 inches from the drain opening and slightly pull out the steel snake
Turn the auger clockwise using the knob to extend the snake into the auger until it reaches the clog
Once cleared enough turn the knob anti-clockwise to retract the snake back to the drum along with any clog residue
|Metal Drain Auger||Metal Drill Drain Auger||Bulbhead Toilet Auger||Drophead Toilet Auger||Tankless Water Heater Descaler|
|Available Sizes:||35 ft, 50 ft||25 ft, 35 ft, 50 ft||3 ft, 6 ft||3 ft, 6 ft||N/A|
|Extended assurance policy||Protected||Protected||Protected||Protected||Protected|
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
But, if you're as stubborn as I am and won't head even your own good advice, read on!
The wife moved in a few years ago, so in order to deal with the newfangled long hair down the drain problem, I attempted a few solutions. One being a drain catch, which worked well until we stopped using it (who wants to throw THAT away every two months?). Another was Draino, but I'm not a huge fan of pouring chemicals down the waterways, and I'd been warned that it's basically a hazard should the pipe have serious issues. So I kicked the can down the road.
Late last week, the tiny Brooklyn shower-stall started draining very slow. The water backed up to just under the three-inch lip, so I checked trusty Amazon for a cheap snake. I saw some promising new tech with microfibers or nanofibers or some sort of old-timey pipe cleaner my dad used to use when he smoked tobacco. While scrolling, this product popped up and I figured, hey why not waste $15 when I was planning on wasting only $5?
It arrived about 20 minutes ago. Instructions were on the back of the label, a little overly-simplified so basically ignored. I unscrewed the screw, yanked out the metal wire thingy and stuck it down the shower drain, remembering to be gentle on my ancient pipes. At first pass I got a tiny feather of hair at the tip of the metal. I shrugged at figured the backup fixed itself (this weekend the shower seemed to drain fine, so not quite magical thinking).
I decided to give it another go, gently reeled it down, spinning the little wheel thing a bit. I enjoyed the activity, pretending it was basically urban fishing. I pulled up just as gently as I had pushed down, and I felt a little suction forming at the bottom. Did I catch a nibble? OH DEAR GOD I DID!
What came out (and while I just had a couple fishing metaphors, this is not a Big Fish Story) I kid you not, was a glob of hair(?) literally the size of my wrist to my elbow. It literally looked like someone had dropped a sock down the drain. So, as disgusting as that might be, I am extraordinarily happy to have purchased this, may I never have to use it again.
For cleanup, I picked the bulk up in a plastic bag. I used my pug's doggy bags to pull apart the hairs still attached to the auger, and eventually just used a knife to cut the strands that had wrapped themselves around the metal. Rinsed everything off, and was done. All together, the job took about 25 minutes: a minute to unwrap and disregard the instructions, 4 minutes to make two attempts at fishing down my drain, a minute to call the wife in to show off my catch, 8 minutes to clean, and 11 minutes to write a raving review of this amazing product.
Before you call a plumber, before you spend hours trying to plunge or manipulate a coat hanger, buy this product.
It comes with gloves, the tool itself, and it's own little bag. Great value for the price paid: a twenty spot and a 2 day wait was a bargain! Plus the satisfaction of actually being able to remedy the problem myself. This, folks, is the solution!
Easy to use, quick delivery, nice gear, courteous Customer Service (I'm assuming). Perhaps I just got lucky, but check the reviews and the rating...the proof is in the pudding!
Great product- would recommend or buy again! Great results! Thank you DrainX! Nice job.
*My only warning, as many others have said, is that it's not attached anywhere inside the plastic casing so it will zip out of it and vanish into your pipe like so many hopes and dreams.