Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Book House Cleaning movienight movienight movienight  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

92%

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 12 reviews
on April 28, 2013
I really like this film. I had used to 35mm version a few times before and loved the result. I began using the 4x5 sheets for my Large Camera class and really liked the range in tones and somewhat high contrast it produced. I did notice that shooting at the recommended rating didn't expose my images the way I would have preferred, making a lot of the darker tones pretty heavy. Since then, I usually shoot at an ISO of 320 instead of 400 (at the suggestion of my professor). I definitely recommend this film when shooting large format B&W.
on November 26, 2013
Does the job exactly as expected. The image on the page is a bit misleading since it's actually 4 x 5 sheets, but I took the "chance" and wasn't disappointed.
on December 30, 2011
I am new to LF photography and having a blast. The ILford HP5+ sheets work well for me because I am
new to all of the analog processes and I am using HP5+ in all other formats as well. I am not experienced
enough to comment on the finer performance details of this film. I haven't quite achieved the extreme
detail I am seeking in the LF yet, but it is likely not the film, but lenses, focus control, etc...
on November 29, 2012
I've been using HP5+ for about a year now and love it. The film's latitude and characteristics make it great for most shooting. I've managed to use this film in just about every lighting condition imagineable and have yet to be disappointed.
on August 19, 2016
Absolutely love this film. Extremely easy to shoot with and hardly any grain to speak of.
on June 9, 2016
Good price. Film well packaged and sealed. Used for pinhole camera.
on July 18, 2015
One of the best for ISO 400.
on October 13, 2012
Ilford has maintained their high standard of quality as others have dropped the silver in their films
it doesn't seem that Ilford has.
on July 19, 2013
first run of 4x5 film --- had the appropriate texture that i expect and demand from photographic negatives my current favorite film
on November 23, 2015
Great quality for the price.