Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 26 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 30 reviews
on April 4, 2011
The Plylox windstorm window clips are fantastic when you need them and easy to remove when you don't. During Hurricane Rita, I sat in League City (south of Houston) while the storm went over my house. We were in the eye of that hurricane for a full hour. During the storm I was so greatful that the clips worked. When I ran out of the proper thickness of plywood, I was still able to use the storm clips because there was a hole in the clip that allowed the use of a tiny screw to hold it to the side of the board.
The only thing wrong with these clips is that EVERYONE knows that they are fantastic and they are SOLD OUT quickly when a storm is coming. Buying them from Amazon was great because they are in stock. :) I bought extra ones now so that I will have enough for the next storm and even have a few for my son's house.
on July 26, 2016
I haven't had to use these yet, but I have done some test fitting on my windows.

They hold great, the only thing you need to ensure is that you have enough "depth" for the clips to work. One of the windows in my home was not as deep as the others, and the clips did not secure the boards due to there simply not being enough area for them to latch onto. Using smaller plywood was not an option, so I had to go with an alternative means of securing the boards on that one window.

They don't look pretty, they will probably rust, but they were a pain in the behind to get out after you pressed them into the window, so I am confident that my home will be protected.
on November 5, 2016
EXCELLENT product! These saved me TONS of time and work during hurricane Matthew. They were easy to install and take down but stayed put during the storm. HIGHLY RECOMMEND as long as you have a cinderblock house with deep windows.
on August 24, 2016
I first heard of thes tension clips from a rep at Lowes when I was looking for an expensive way to protect my windows in FL should a hurricane come to my area. I bought one bag and had my handyman cut the plywood for two windows to see if the clips worked as advertised and if could I hang them (retired 60ish female). They worked great, and my handyman had me order some for him and his mother's home as well. I realize nothing may work in a cat 5, but for most of what could happen, I feel prepared.
on September 23, 2014
These clips are very easy to install (and remove) and provide peace of mind when a storm is coming. They are inexpensive and I easily obtained my plywood at the local home center. Now I'm ready!
on January 23, 2017
Plylox clips are easy to install and remove with no damage to house. They do the job as promised.
They come 20 per package (new) and usually require 4 per window (my windows are 52x36).
Plywood can be different thickness - either bend clip for thinner (15/32 plywood) or rout out thicker plywood.
Very good product.
on June 13, 2017
They do the trick.
on April 14, 2014
I ordered these clips, hoping that I would never need them. But, living in what I consider to be 'one' of the hurricane alleys of Florida I know that I will probably be using them, maybe even this year. I don't want to nail my window plywood on the house anymore and this seemed the only way to go. Besides, this system was recommended by my brother-in-law and he never makes mistakes! They are a perfect fit on my 1/2 inch plywood cutouts.
on October 23, 2012
I used these to put plywood on my windows before hurricane Issac. They are designed for 1/2" plywood and mine was 9/16". I used a palm router to take 1/16" off at points that I needed to put the clips. I recommend that you use a small screw to keep the clip in place. Other clips that I already had came with holes for this. The ones that I received from Amazon did not, so I drilled the holes in them before installing. Once the clips are in place, you just push the plywood against the window and the clips hold them in place. I like to cut the plywood in half so that the pieces are lighter and easier to handle. I put 4 clips on each piece. I can also just put up the lower piece of plywood ahead of time and put up the upper piece when needed. I also use a forstner bit to drill a hole in the middle of the plywood to make them easier to handle and to have a peep hole during the storm.
on December 22, 2015
You will need windows that are inset about 2 inches or more to use these, as noted on product.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.