Pocket By Coutale Sommelier - The French Patented Spring-Loaded Double Lever Waiters Corkscrew and Wine Bottle Opener (Naturalwood)
|Price:||$25.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- THE ONLY FRENCH PATENTED SPRING-LOADED DOUBLE LEVER – The Coutale Sommelier range of corkscrews are the ONLY range of patented spring-loaded double lever corkscrews on the market. Patented by Philip Bernède, French winemaker and owner of Clos La Coutale winery in Cahors, France, The Pocket by Coutale Sommelier is the mini, pocket version of Coutale Sommelier’s most premium model – The Prestige; The Pocket version of the Prestige is the handier, more mobile version of its big brother.
- FRAME AND HANDLE IN SOLID STAINLESS STEEL – Our Pocket Naturalwood by Coutale Sommelier is built on a base of Solid Stainless Steel. From here, a slab of hand-cut Naturalwood is affixed to the frame via stainless steel rivets. The end product? A corkscrew that is as aesthetically gorgeous as it is useful. Made of practical lines, The Pocket Naturalwood by Coutale Sommelier is as comfortable opening 100’s of bottles a night as it is on display at home.
- TEFLON-COATED WORM – The Pocket line of corkscrews by Coutale Sommelier features a Teflon-coated worm. Not only is the worm gorgeous – crafted from a single piece of stainless steel and fitted in a coat of Teflon– but furthermore it is practical. The Teflon coating assures the worm spirals into the cork smoothly, allowing for less screwing force and a smoother cork pull.
- STAINLESS STEEL SERRATED KNIFE – The Pocket line of corkscrews comes equipped with a Stainless Steel Serrated Knife. Unlike the dull standard-issue knives on most corkscrews our Stainless Steel Serrated knife cleanly cuts the foil, allowing for an even cut across the foil and a clean removal. No more torn foils with the Pocket by Coutale Sommelier.
- OUR GUARANTEE – All Coutale Sommelier corkscrews are backed by a lifetime guarantee. We stand by our product as the ONLY French Patented spring-loaded double lever and the most aesthetic and utilitarian double-lever waiter’s corkscrew on the market. All Coutale Sommelier corkscrews are backed by a lifetime satisfaction guarantee. Message us through Amazon with any questions you may have and we promise to always answer within 24 hours.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Pocket By Coutale Sommelier - The French Patented Spring-Loaded Double Lever Waiters Corkscrew and Wine Bottle Opener (Naturalwood)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||wine-n-gear||HiCoup||Barvivo||wine-n-gear||wine-n-gear||Corkas Kitchenware|
|Color||Naturalwood||Ebony Wood||Natural Rosewood||Naturalwood||Rosewood||Natural Rosewood|
The Coutale Sommelier corkscrews are designed by Philippe Bernède, French winemaker, vintner and owner of Clos La Coutale. Over the years he became increasingly frustrated by the poor quality of the corkscrews that crossed his path. After a day of struggling to open his wine at a tasting he set out to create his own! Et voila! The first Coutale corkscrew was born! Coutale Sommelier is now a complete line of corkscrews. The French patented spring-loaded double lever adds ease, control and power to your uncorking experience. Coutale Sommelier is the ONLY spring-loaded double lever corkscrew.
Top Customer Reviews
I've been a waiter for 20 years.
I've opened thousands of bottle of wine over the years.
I've had a similiar design for about 2-3 years now and when I saw this one I decided to pick it up for a backup.
The foil cutter is sharp.
The spring hinge is what separates this design apart and elevates the platform.
The teflon coated screw glides through corks like butter.
I carried it one night to test it out and let a coworker borrow it.
She loved it so I gave it to her.
I guess I'll have to buy another for myself.
I would give this six stars if I could.
Amazon prime can't get my orders to me in two days anymore, now it's five, what gives?
It's not difficult to see (or feel for that matter): once you hold the Pocket in your hand, you'll immediately notice the quality, the precision, and the workmanship behind the machining of the tool. The corkscrew has very little play in the handle, and the spring has just the right amount of tension on the corkscrew so as not to slip or close too easily. The foil cutter is also very effective. Many of the wine keys I've used in the past will dull quickly and begin cutting poorly (or just cut poorly to begin with), whereas the Pocket, despite having worn down the serrades, still cuts surprisingly clean. Once the corkscrew is driven into the cork, the spring-loaded two-step lever makes removal so effortless. And I don't know if the two-step lever has anything to do with it, but I've also never, ever broken a cork using the Pocket.
Comparatively, the stainless steel handle is a little heavier than my old wood handle one, making the turning feel slightly unbalanced, especially having been so accustomed to the weight of my old one. I imagine the plastic handle Pocket would feel much more balanced, but it's a minor detail that I'll soon/easily get over. Nonetheless, the quality and durability of the Coutale Pocket is definitely worthy of everyday home use or high volume bartending. From someone who works in the service industry popping onwards of 30 bottles of wine a day, the Pocket is very, very highly recommended. Five stars, all the way.
The hinged design allows corks to be lifted up easily, but compromises the strength of the bottle opener slightly. It's not the best at opening bottles if that's a concern. Additionally, the black coating on the corkscrew rubs and has chipped off around the pivot where it attaches. Not a huge deal. However, the main problem for me is that the serrated foil blade for cutting open wine bottles is rather dull and does not cut particularly well, and is the reason I docked this to four stars.
Besides that, this is an excellent corkscrew and always gets admiring looks from friends and customers.
I’ve been working in the service industry for 7 years and this is the best corkscrew I have ever owned.
This design is unbeatable at the price. The next best would be a Chateau Laguole Corkscrew at $150
Most Recent Customer Reviews
With a quality wooden lever, why not?Read more
Highly recommendedRead more