Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon cbsaacflaunch cbsaacflaunch cbsaacflaunch  Echo Dot Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite The Evil Within 2 Shop now

on July 22, 2011
Maybe I have not purchased a dictionary lately or maybe it's that my 40+ year old eyes are getting weaker but I found the type in this dictionary so small that I actually need a magnifying glass to read it. Ouch!

The dictionary itself though is very comprehensive and if you can read the small type, it is a very good purchase. I wouldn't classify it as a "pocket" dictionary - it is fairly large and very thick. I would recommend it for home use for folks with sharp eyes.
on February 10, 2015
You will need big pockets.
on June 27, 2010
This Pocket Oxford Spanish Dictionary is a brick! I was looking for a good dictionary to take with me on a trip to Nicaragua this summer. I wanted a small dictionary I could keep in a pocket or a fanny pack. This dictionary would pull my pants off or make my fanny pack uncomfortable to wear. It would be a great dictionary to use for a Spanish class, but it is definitely not a light travel dictionary. The cover is paper too. It would get destroyed on a trip. I have seen some dictionaries that have a plastic cover that would be great for traveling.
on July 13, 2011
Honestly my only gripe is that there is no way I could fit this in my pocket. I ordered 2 pocket dictionaries for an upcoming trip to Mexico and expected to use them as such. This is not even close to pocket size. In fact, I don't think I could fit it in my purse which isn't small. A more appropriate description of this dictionary would be "junior size." Don't buy it thinking it'll fit in your pocket!
on August 8, 2015
It is a good dictionary for desk reference. I have gotten good use from it and use it for some light translation and interpretation work. I recommended it.
on December 9, 2016
Book arrived as described, on time. Thanks
on July 1, 2011
This is a wonderfully put together dictionary that has served me perfectly. The grammar explanation is concise and the entries give examples which are invaluable in comprehension and conversation. I also like that the letters are printed boldly on the side of the page, so when your thumbing through and searching for a word it becomes very easy to locate.
on June 17, 2010
This is an incredible resource for anyone working between the Spanish and English languages (very thorough even compared to the Webster's New World Spanish Dictionary); however, it is NOT a pocket dictionary as titled. The dimensions did not sound that big to me when I read them online because I overlooked the 2 inch thickness and weight. Unless you're wearing Jencos, forget it!
on December 29, 2012
Whose pocket did they put this thing in? Don't get me wrong, this is GREAT dictionary, with modern terms (even texting abbreviations). But if you're looking for something to discreetly carry with you through hispanoamerica, you might want to look for something smaller.
on December 12, 2015
there is no way in he11 that you can put this in your pocket.