Truck Season Automotive Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon GoliathSeason2 GoliathSeason2 GoliathSeason2  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on January 11, 2011
What I like about this guide: it includes carbs, sugar, protein, fat and sodium values. What I don't like: (I've only briefly scanned book) you need a big pocket for this to be considered a pocket guide though would fit most purses; similar foods aren't always portioned similarly so you must compare foods wisely; grocery items are generic which means you still need to compare labels. Overall, I like this guide. I believe it will really change the way I feed my body and help me make healthier choices.
11 people found this helpful
on December 16, 2012
I purchased this from Amazon after finding it difficult to locate a complete calorie counter with protein, sugar, fiber etc listings. I put it on my little table next to my chair and use it regularly. It's very accurate. I can depend on it being accurate; it's small enough to fit into my purse. I would purchase it again.
5 people found this helpful
on April 27, 2014
I ordered this book hoping to get something I could put into my purse whenever I was going to be dining out. This was not the case, & I haven't used it at all. Instead, I found the "Ultra Simple Calorie Counter & Diet Journal" to be exactly what I needed. It has many restaurants listed as well as various foods, it fits in my purse & keeps me mindful when I am out!!
One person found this helpful
on May 23, 2012
I normally keep track of my calories on my android phone with the My fitness Pal App. But purchased this mini-book for my vacation when we would be taking a cruise. There was no 4G access for my phone to continue my food journal and this book filled the gap nicely. I chose this one over other calorie books because it gave protein information--the main nutrient I track on a fitness plan.
One person found this helpful
on June 29, 2013
While the booklet is pretty complete, and a very handy size, everything is measured in ounces, and I find that less helpful. For example, I have to go to the internet to find out how much a cup of a particular fruit is since I don't weigh portions or how many calories in a medium plum. Who weighs a plum?
2 people found this helpful
on January 3, 2011
This book seems to be of good quality in book form .. in e-kindle form it is hard to read the letters are HUGE and you would have to bookmark all the pages you want to jump to once you scroll through all of them to find the ones you will use the most .. i wish i could return the kindle version i purchased the hardcover version and am awaiting it's arrival in the mail .. I hope this helps anyones future purchases
14 people found this helpful
on July 21, 2015
This is perfect! Its small enough that I can just stick it in my purse and have it handy, and yet it is PACKED with information. I couldn't believe how thorough it is as far as its contents, not to mention how adorable the cover is. Great buy.
on March 10, 2014
very helpful! No matter what "diet" you are on, you have to spend more calories than what you take in. If you do not, you will not lose weight. It all boils down to this. This book is very helpful with the calorie count in various restaurants and foods in the grocery store. It's small and can be tucked into a purse with no problem so you can look up the calorie count in an easy fashion.
on May 28, 2015
Not crazy about this book listing calories. I've seen better but I'll use it when needed.
on December 13, 2012
Nice Pocket Calorie Counter for your purse or other various devices to carry around. Filled with Cal/Carb/Fat/Protein measurements, this book will help you stay on track at home or on the road.