PocketFinder GPS Child Tracker, Compatible with iOS & Android for Locating and Monitoring Children
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Locate - see child's location on a full online account or free smartphone app with interactive maps
- Monitor - track arrival & departure within a zone/geo-fence by receiving alerts straight to your phone
- Safety - alerts sent in near real-time if out of zone or low battery; see up to 60 days of locate history
- Mobile - manage and track all functions from smartphone, tablet, or computer
- Multi-User - instantly add log-ins for family, police, or rescuers with your smartphone
- Peace of Mind - breathe easier knowing where your child is
- $12.95 Monthly Service Plan upon activation required. No contract required!
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Pocket Finder is an ideal solution for families with school-age children who may need constant or specialty supervision at any time of day. This pocket-sized GPS tracker is lightweight and easily portable. It helps you accurately locate and keep track of children by relaying mapped coordinates to the Free Pocket Finder app on your smartphone, tablet, or computer. It's easy. You can view updated locates as quickly as every 2 minutes. And with the option to add other users, it is now easier than ever for all members of the family to keep track of your loved one. Simply put, it gives peace of mind.
Top customer reviews
A). I bought a Trax and used them side by side on each of my children. The Trax worked amazingly out of the box. I tested for a full day and was able to cross my family's path several times. Highly accurate, and that is in the middle of Manhattan no less! The Pocket Finder would never update. It only picked up my location once, and that was after 30 minutes of trying to get it to locate.
B) the subscription fee is much higher than Trax. Trax of course is twice the price. However, Trax includes the first two years service, and then is only $5 a month after. Pocket Finder is $12.95 a month.
C) the pocket finder is big and bulky, and has a useless nylon case that only serves to add to the bulk. The Trax was far more sleak and came with two silicone protective cases, one with a clip. When I put these on my children, I don't want them to be easily found. Also, the bulk of the Pocket Finder annoyed my daughter. She didn't want to keep it in her pocket.
D) I activated my account this weekend, and it said I am charged $12.95. It also says my next charge of $12.95 will be on September 1st. That is particularly iritating that they at least don't pro-rate the service. I shouldn't have to pay the full month's fee when I activate later in the month.
E) Many of the links in their support page bring me to "Page Not Found" screens. Extremely irritating when you're trying to figure out how to use it.
F) I never know if the Pocket Finder is activated. There is no light to indicate it's working like on the Trax.
G) the Pocket Finder uses a proprietary dock to charge. This adds a lot more bulk when traveling. The Trax uses a Mini-USB, which I almost always have with me, or can be easily found everywhere. If you forget that dock, you're SOL.
H) like others have mentioned, I could probably deal with customer service and troubleshoot the problems. Most likely have to replace it, etc. I shoudn't have to do that out of the box. If there are issues that have to be fixed, they shouldn't be shipping these units.
I could add a few more lines to this, but I think most will get the point by now. Trax is better hands down. As you can see, even if it did work properly I would prefer the Trax over this.
bottom-line, need to know the pros & cons for the product so you can see if it fits your needs or not.
<b>some of the advantages I see:</b>
- the device fits comfortably in the kids jeans pocket, they forget about it (which is good), can be easily concealed in a jacket pocket or bag.
- keeps track of their locations/speed. you can also add alerts and create zones and get SMS or email alerts once entered or exited the defined zone.
- you can setup alert when "low-battery" or power cut.
- can monitor multiple trackers on one single map
- keeps downloadable history of times and locations up to two days I guess
- ability to setup alerts when exceeded the speed limit (if you want to monitor a car)
- web, android & iOS apps
<b>Some of the disadvantages I knew it had:</b>
-the lack of locating inside buildings, it works alot better in open areas. so dont expect it to show where inside the mall or shopping center is it, it will last show only near the exits.
-it syncs the location every 2 minutes (minimum setting) - so expect a delay on the map if it is moving.
- you need to treat it like a cellphone, charge it every night near a window! (to get the updated firmware)
- $12.95/device/month subscription fees
- the GPS location is not always 100% accurate, specially indoors, do not compare the smartphone location on the map with it, delay between the two, specially when moving
I havent I think its
Most recent customer reviews
Customer service is great!!!
Amazing service, informative and customer orientated.Read more