|Print List Price:||$3.99|
Save $3.00 (75%)
Podcast Launch: How to Create, Grow & Monetize YOUR Podcast: 15 Video Tutorials Included! Kindle Edition
|Length: 76 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersFire TabletsFire Phones
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
A few highlights that I didn't know:
1. Launch with 3-5 podcasts
2. Have your next two to three months of shows done before launch (gives a buffer)
3. You have 8 weeks to hit the new and noteworthy list.
Items Missing from this book:
1. How to choose the right category to maximize exposure
2. How to name your podcast (Do you use your brand or use SEO optimized keywords)
All in all, well worth the read.
A few additional tips I have learned:
1. Launch 5 episodes to start (when someone subscribes, that is 5 downloads. That means 10 people = 50 downloads). Itunes uses downloads as a key indicator of success.
2. For the first 7 days, launch a podcast a day (after your first 5 on the first day). This helps people trust that you are going to be there for them. After the first week, you can ramp down to your normal schedule (i.e. once or twice a week).
3. Do not buy ratings on itunes (itunes gives higher rank to more active users. Fake accounts may hurt you. I didn't do this, but know folks who did)
4. Choose a category that has lower competition and use SEO fiendly keywords. This will help people find you in organic search.
5. Do a video podcast and also strip the audio out and do a separate audio podcast. This gives you twice the exposure!
-MEGATIP: Be sure to post the audio version in a separate category (that way you can rank in two charts and get more listeners).
6. Keep your podcast focused and consistent, but feel free to vary the format. You could do interviews every other week and just you talking on the off weeks.
7. Be sure you have some major differentiator. What makes your podcast different than the others in your category?
Hope this helps!
Co-founder and podcaster for ifSimply
I think that's great - we all need inspiration (in one form or another), in all areas of life.
I just don't know if this "how to podcast" book should be based on a podcast of that nature. To say "Here's how to make money by podcasting about how to make money" is a little too circular for my liking. I would have liked to see case studies of non-inspirational, non-how-to-make-money podcasters who successfully used podcasting as a marketing channel to bring in tangible revenue. Tell me how a plumber used podcasting to get more homeowner-customers (or something like that). And if the plumber example doesn't work, tell me it won't work. Tell me what *kinds* of businesses should be using podcasting.
Not saying the podcast itself doesn't have it's place in the market. Clearly it does - tons of people love it and listen to John all the time. So good on ya John! I was just looking for something more substantial from this book about "how to podcast".
John Lee Dumas is the podcaster behind the extremely successful Entrepreneurs on Fire podcast. The book begins with the story about how Dumas became a podcaster. The bulk of the book offers advice about how to develop and launch a podcast. In this book you will find guidance for how to come up with ideas for your new show, what type of tech and equipment you will need, how to list your show on iTunes, and suggestions about how you can monetize your show 6-18 months after you launch.
I found the ideas and process for monetization to be the most helpful part of this book. Admittedly, I have already launched my podcast so I read this book having already conducted all of the research about how to develop show ideas, what type of tech and equipment I needed, and how to list my show on iTunes. With that said, if Dumas' book had come out 18 months ago when I started developing my show, it would have saved me a bit of time as it is a rather complete guide on how to start a podcast.
So why isn't this book a 5-star book?
I wanted more.
Dumas has a lot of experience as an interviewer and podcaster. I wanted this book to share more about how to put together a successful interview-driven podcast and his tips for conducting interviews. I have heard him speak on other podcasts and he has a lot of great advice to share on this topic, unfortunately he left it out of this book.
Additionally, this book often read like an advertisement for his Podcasters Paradise mastermind community (he provides a $200 coupon in the introduction) and his show. Naturally, Dumas uses Entrepreneurs on Fire as an example throughout the book.Read more ›
but after reading this book and following the steps to a "T", I have a great platform for my business and I am exciting to start producing great content that will attract clients and followers. I am not the type to do reviews normally, but in this case I got more value from the book than the Author got from the price I paid, so I thought I would let others know about this great work in an attempt to settle. Good luck Podcasters.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great book I learned so much in my quest to start my own Podcast, will read again and check out the videos thanks John.Published 1 day ago by Baldmule
A must read book for beginning and experienced podcasters! Loaded with a plethora of great information and workout tips to make you super successful. Read morePublished 4 days ago by roderick durant
Helpful. Simple. To the point. Not only does he include the How-To's, he also touches on Why this podcast medium is so powerful. A definite inspiration. ThanksPublished 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
This book was gifted to me. Absolutely amazing. Recommended to anyone looking to start their own podcast.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
This is an awesome and quick read! I learned very valuable information about the podcasting world and wven discovered how to correct the mistakes I was making. Thank you John!Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Nice and short book about podcasting. How to set up one, how to prepare to set it up for success, what softwares and hardwares to use, etc. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Michele
Awesome content. Easy steps and tutorials that make sense. John includes many freee tutorials and links for products. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Dee Felgus
This is an incredible book. Don't let the quick rad fool you. It will hel you focus on what is important to clearly articulate your audience and topic. Read morePublished 1 month ago by NMB
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Business & Money > Education & Reference
- Books > Business & Money > Small Business & Entrepreneurship
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Business & Money
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Education & Reference > Education
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Entrepreneurship & Small Business > Small Business