|Print List Price:||$3.99|
Save $3.00 (75%)
Podcast Launch: How to Create, Grow & Monetize YOUR Podcast: 15 Video Tutorials Included! Kindle Edition
Try Kindle Countdown Deals
Explore limited-time discounted eBooks. Learn more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
A few highlights that I didn't know:
1. Launch with 3-5 podcasts
2. Have your next two to three months of shows done before launch (gives a buffer)
3. You have 8 weeks to hit the new and noteworthy list.
Items Missing from this book:
1. How to choose the right category to maximize exposure
2. How to name your podcast (Do you use your brand or use SEO optimized keywords)
All in all, well worth the read.
A few additional tips I have learned:
1. Launch 5 episodes to start (when someone subscribes, that is 5 downloads. That means 10 people = 50 downloads). Itunes uses downloads as a key indicator of success.
2. For the first 7 days, launch a podcast a day (after your first 5 on the first day). This helps people trust that you are going to be there for them. After the first week, you can ramp down to your normal schedule (i.e. once or twice a week).
3. Do not buy ratings on itunes (itunes gives higher rank to more active users. Fake accounts may hurt you. I didn't do this, but know folks who did)
4. Choose a category that has lower competition and use SEO fiendly keywords. This will help people find you in organic search.
5. Do a video podcast and also strip the audio out and do a separate audio podcast. This gives you twice the exposure!
-MEGATIP: Be sure to post the audio version in a separate category (that way you can rank in two charts and get more listeners).
6. Keep your podcast focused and consistent, but feel free to vary the format. You could do interviews every other week and just you talking on the off weeks.
7. Be sure you have some major differentiator. What makes your podcast different than the others in your category?
Hope this helps!
Co-founder and podcaster for ifSimply
Pointless. Don't waste your money on this, or other so-called "books" by this huckster. Ugh.
It takes you through step by step how he did it, and he did not hold back. I appreciated it, as I am looking to start my own and I was not sure how to go about it.
John explains in 10 modules, starting with How to Profile your Avatar, to Equipment, how to record and edit your podcast, how to create intros and outros, how to upload and launch your podcast to how to build your audience and monetize it.
Yes I know, a few of you on reviews complained that he promoted his product, however...I truly believe he had all the rights to do so, especially giving us such a nice review of how he started and monetized his world. C'mon guys. Everyone promotes...the issues I have are with the ones that do not provide value and just pitch. John truly delivered value.
Great book! I would recommend it to those who have been thinking about podcasting, like myself...and just did not know where to start or maybe you started with a few episodes already and not sure how to properly monetize this platform.
Thanks again, John!
John Lee Dumas is the go-to podcast guru for podcasters! I've tried so many different podcasts that give new podcasters the blueprint for success and JLD is the man!!! The content he provides across the board is beyond relevant to what you're seeking. I really enjoy his style as well as it's uplifting and so positive. This book did not disappoint. Quick and easy read with a great guideline to launch your podcast.