|Print List Price:||$3.99|
Save $3.00 (75%)
Podcast Launch: How to Create, Grow & Monetize YOUR Podcast: 15 Video Tutorials Included! Kindle Edition
"Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress"
Is the world really falling apart? Is the ideal of progress obsolete? Cognitive scientist and public intellectual Steven Pinker urges us to step back from the gory headlines and prophecies of doom, and instead, follow the data: In seventy-five jaw-dropping graphs, Pinker shows that life, health, prosperity, safety, peace, knowledge, and happiness are on the rise. Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
A few highlights that I didn't know:
1. Launch with 3-5 podcasts
2. Have your next two to three months of shows done before launch (gives a buffer)
3. You have 8 weeks to hit the new and noteworthy list.
Items Missing from this book:
1. How to choose the right category to maximize exposure
2. How to name your podcast (Do you use your brand or use SEO optimized keywords)
All in all, well worth the read.
A few additional tips I have learned:
1. Launch 5 episodes to start (when someone subscribes, that is 5 downloads. That means 10 people = 50 downloads). Itunes uses downloads as a key indicator of success.
2. For the first 7 days, launch a podcast a day (after your first 5 on the first day). This helps people trust that you are going to be there for them. After the first week, you can ramp down to your normal schedule (i.e. once or twice a week).
3. Do not buy ratings on itunes (itunes gives higher rank to more active users. Fake accounts may hurt you. I didn't do this, but know folks who did)
4. Choose a category that has lower competition and use SEO fiendly keywords. This will help people find you in organic search.
5. Do a video podcast and also strip the audio out and do a separate audio podcast. This gives you twice the exposure!
-MEGATIP: Be sure to post the audio version in a separate category (that way you can rank in two charts and get more listeners).
6. Keep your podcast focused and consistent, but feel free to vary the format. You could do interviews every other week and just you talking on the off weeks.
7. Be sure you have some major differentiator. What makes your podcast different than the others in your category?
Hope this helps!
Co-founder and podcaster for ifSimply
Pointless. Don't waste your money on this, or other so-called "books" by this huckster. Ugh.
John Lee Dumas is the go-to podcast guru for podcasters! I've tried so many different podcasts that give new podcasters the blueprint for success and JLD is the man!!! The content he provides across the board is beyond relevant to what you're seeking. I really enjoy his style as well as it's uplifting and so positive. This book did not disappoint. Quick and easy read with a great guideline to launch your podcast.
With his podcast "Entrepreneur on Fire" podcast just shy of 10 months live online his numbers are outstanding. Now up to 230,000 downloads per month, with his biggest day achieving 25k in a single day and having Apple reach out to him to advise him they were featuring him on their main home page John is operating at Mach 10 warp speed.
So to finally sit down and get the insights on "how" he did all this in this "Podcast Launch" book was something I was salivating over. The book begins with the low-down on John's background on where he came from, which eventually led to his "aha" moment on the idea to create a daily podcasting show. This was to meet not only his needs as a thirsty consumer of podcasts but of others he knew were out there just like him.
Speaking with experts at Blogworld he shared his vision of a daily podcast show, all of who told him he was crazy and it wouldn't work. How wrong were they (lesson in that) and right was he for following and executing on his vision. The second part of the book covers off the blueprint for the how-to publish and launch a podcast. As far as I can tell, he's laid out a very complete concise map on what to do, when to do it, what resources to use, frequency, etc to launch your own podcast.
Haven't got to them yet, but there are also 15 videos to go through which accompany the book.
If you're interested in the slightest of launching your own podcast you can do no wrong by buying this book and learning from a master who at the top of his game in a VERY short period of time.
Most recent customer reviews
He has videos on his website that will help you a lot!!!Read more