Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Podcast Launch: A complete guide to launching your Podcast with 15 Video Tutorials!: How to create, launch, grow & monetize a Podcast Paperback – February 9, 2015
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
John Lee Dumas is the Founder and Host of EntrepreneurOnFire, awarded 'Best of iTunes 2013'. John interviews today's most inspiring and successful Entrepreneurs 7-days a week and has been featured in Forbes, INC, & TIME Magazine. John has turned EntrepreneurOnFire into a business that generates over $200,000 a month & shares all the details via his monthly income reports at EOFire.com/income. John also founded the #1 Podcasting community in the world; Podcasters' Paradise; a community where over 1200 Podcasters learn how to create, grow, and monetize their podcast in a supportive environment. EntrepreneurOnFire generates over 750,000 unique listens a month & recaps of these 700 plus episodes and MUCH more can be found at EOFire.com.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
A few highlights that I didn't know:
1. Launch with 3-5 podcasts
2. Have your next two to three months of shows done before launch (gives a buffer)
3. You have 8 weeks to hit the new and noteworthy list.
Items Missing from this book:
1. How to choose the right category to maximize exposure
2. How to name your podcast (Do you use your brand or use SEO optimized keywords)
All in all, well worth the read.
A few additional tips I have learned:
1. Launch 5 episodes to start (when someone subscribes, that is 5 downloads. That means 10 people = 50 downloads). Itunes uses downloads as a key indicator of success.
2. For the first 7 days, launch a podcast a day (after your first 5 on the first day). This helps people trust that you are going to be there for them. After the first week, you can ramp down to your normal schedule (i.e. once or twice a week).
3. Do not buy ratings on itunes (itunes gives higher rank to more active users. Fake accounts may hurt you. I didn't do this, but know folks who did)
4. Choose a category that has lower competition and use SEO fiendly keywords. This will help people find you in organic search.
5. Do a video podcast and also strip the audio out and do a separate audio podcast. This gives you twice the exposure!
-MEGATIP: Be sure to post the audio version in a separate category (that way you can rank in two charts and get more listeners).
6. Keep your podcast focused and consistent, but feel free to vary the format. You could do interviews every other week and just you talking on the off weeks.
7. Be sure you have some major differentiator. What makes your podcast different than the others in your category?
Hope this helps!
Co-founder and podcaster for ifSimply
John's book, Podcast Launch, was exactly what I needed to bust through the "fear of the unknown". The book shows you step-by-step how to go from just an idea to launching a podcast with confidence. I learned so much from this book - from narrowing down my niche + getting clear on what my podcast will help them do, to more technical stuff like tagging + uploading MP3s, to successful launch strategies...and so much more.
I particularly loved the specific resources listed and the incredible videos. For me, the videos were what really helped take the fear out of podcasting, and I enjoyed learning how to use new technology like Adobe Audition, eCamm Call Recorder, and LibSyn.
I recommend Podcast Launch to anyone who wants to get started in podcasting but doesn't know where to start.
John Lee Dumas is the go-to podcast guru for podcasters! I've tried so many different podcasts that give new podcasters the blueprint for success and JLD is the man!!! The content he provides across the board is beyond relevant to what you're seeking. I really enjoy his style as well as it's uplifting and so positive. This book did not disappoint. Quick and easy read with a great guideline to launch your podcast.
It takes you through step by step how he did it, and he did not hold back. I appreciated it, as I am looking to start my own and I was not sure how to go about it.
John explains in 10 modules, starting with How to Profile your Avatar, to Equipment, how to record and edit your podcast, how to create intros and outros, how to upload and launch your podcast to how to build your audience and monetize it.
Yes I know, a few of you on reviews complained that he promoted his product, however...I truly believe he had all the rights to do so, especially giving us such a nice review of how he started and monetized his world. C'mon guys. Everyone promotes...the issues I have are with the ones that do not provide value and just pitch. John truly delivered value.
Great book! I would recommend it to those who have been thinking about podcasting, like myself...and just did not know where to start or maybe you started with a few episodes already and not sure how to properly monetize this platform.
Thanks again, John!