Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 545 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 642 reviews
on June 13, 2012
This is not an expensive case. You get a lot for the amount of money you invest.

Pros:
1) The black leather look is great. When my iPad is closed it looks fancy and sophisticated.
2) The case is solid. It fits great and works as advertised.
3) The dock feature is great. My gf has a regular iPad cover purchased from Apple and it's so stupid that when you fold the smartcover back the felt touches the table. They get gross. This cover doesn't have that problem.
4) The two docking lines are great. Depending on your seating position you can adjust the screen angle.

Cons:
1) Yeah it doesn't fold back perfectly. It's a little annoying but not a deal breaker.
2) I wish the grooves for docking had a 3rd line so I could have more options for docking

I recommend this cover.
on September 5, 2012
Got the case and it was exactly as described and excellent quality. The build was strong and very precise. Really loved it. It didn't last as long as expected because there was a small issue and the way it was being used, none the less it wore out early. I get it that happens. So I called customer support. They were kind responsive and helpful! There were no questions asked they said they would replace it right away. Sure enough within a half our I got a notice that they were sending me a new case.

Con: Only issue with this case that I had was when folded so that the cover goes behind the case it doesn't fold back flat which can be annoying. Also when propped up the divots in the screen cover aren't' deep enough to hold it and sometimes it slides down, this is especially an issue when it is on your lap. Overall though the case looks great and is excellent. Not to mention really beautiful manufacturing.

Oh yeah and the best part is when I suggested that they send a different model because of the small cons mentioned above they were more than happy to switch it for another model (specifically the strap back model) WONDERFUL EASY KIND HELPFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE, for sure they got a customer for life in me.
on May 2, 2012
I have been using this case on my iPad third generation for close to a month now and it is a great product overall. When I first opened the package, the case had a chemical smell to it but it was gone within a day or two. I previously used the Apple Smart Cover which I loved but wanted something that would protect the back as well. This case is perfect! The leather look is very stylish and it adds very little bulk to the iPad. The magnetic cover works as it should and has a great hold. The functionality of the standing position utilizes a magnet built into half of the back portion of the case. I have found this to be superior to many other cases I have seen and researched. I have had no problems with the iPad slipping while in the standing position.

As far as the protection, this case has scored very high marks in my opinion. I am a full-time college student and the mother to a 2.5 year old toddler. During my school day, my iPad is often shoved in my bag with a ton of other items including heavy books...so it takes a beating. When I get home, my daughter grabs my iPad to play her games and she is pretty rough with it. It is often dragged by the cover, slammed against furniture, and generally knocked around. This cover has held up against the beating and has provided excellent protection for my device.

The construction seems well made and at this price point, there is nothing better in my opinion...and I did a ton of research before buying. The only critique I have is that the magnetic cover is not compatible with an app called "Evernote Peek". It is a flashcard app which allows you to create flashcards and use the magnetic cover to "peek" and flip through cards. It is not a huge deal since the app offers an on-screen generated "cover" you can use, but I just thought I would share since certain programs seem to be created for use only with Smart Cover.

Overall, EXCELLENT product! I will be purchasing another one when/if this one wears out.
on April 25, 2012
So I spents hours looking for the perfect case for my New Ipad and I stumbled upon this.

This cover is essentially just like the Apple smart cover, but it has 2 slots for your ipad to be able to stand up. The whole front side has magnets inside and the back cover has 2 magnets aswell so your ipad is able to slide out of the back cover and be able to stand up. The quality of the case is great too; not made of material.

Also, it covers all 4 corners of the Ipad.
The automatic wake up/wake on fx works perfectly with this case because the magnets are quite strong (not like sme of the other weak ones i've seen).

Only reason I gave it 4 stars and not 5 is because sometimes it slides out of the 2 slots when standing up but thats if you apply a lot of pressure. But even then because the front is magnetic, it still stands up. All in all, if you want a case that's not to bulky and gives you full protection, I'd go with this one.

Highly recommended!

******** UPDATE ****** 5/5/12

After a few days the smart cover started getting loose. If you plan on using this on a daily basis and plan on folding the smart cover back, or when you feel like lying down and putting the ipad on your belly and surf, this is not the one your looking for. It will become loose!

Returned for a full refund!
on August 14, 2014
So far so good as it fit my Ipad retina 4 perfectly. Appreciate the inside covers soft inner face next to my screen. The ONLY thing I'm not crazy about is how the cover folds back. Most of the time I'm holding my Ipad in my lap and therefore I want the protective cover to just fold back flush onto itself flat (i..e against the back cover) however because of where the hinge is located the first segment WILL NOT fold back flush. If I were to force it over time to lay flush it might work however, I'm sure that will eventually lead to negative consequences. I'm always amazed at how products like this are released without thorough prototype testing because this little hitch could easily have been addressed and thus made this product a two thumbs up five star event.
on April 15, 2012
Searched high and low for a case for my new iPad (3rd generation) with these criteria:

1) Light weight
2) Small enough not to add bulk to the tablet
3) Smart cover that works. (on/off when opening and closing the case)
4) Protective of screen and back of iPad
5) Comfortable padded feel while holding it
6) Reasonably priced
7) No shipping charges
8) While holding iPad secure is easy to remove if desired

I am happy to say this cover meets all my criteria. An excellent value with good workmanship (does not feel cheap).
Be aware, as another reviewer mentioned, that the case does not lie flat when the front of the case is flipped around to the back. This does not bother me - when do you want it totally flat? Also this does affect the way you hold it when reading ,etc. But I actually find this to be an advantage - it gives you something to grab on to while holding the tablet. If your criteria are similar to mine you will not be disappointed with this case.
on January 8, 2014
I bought this for an iPad for work. I researched for awhile before settling on this item. I liked the general appearance and functionality. The biggest issues I have are that the iPad slips when I have it supported on the case as it shows in the picture. Not usually in the first slot, but the second one is at a tilt too low for it and it just slides out of the case. If that's not important to you, then this could be a great case. It has decent protection and looks good. I also wish that it was like a smart cover and could support itself like the apple smart covers. Other than that, it's good. Obviously, you still have access to all the ports and the speakers are not blocked by the case.
on April 16, 2012
Great case with protection both front and back. Nice leather top cover. a perfect fit. It looks very professional.
A few reasons I considered sending it back:
The magnetic cover that automatically wakes or puts to sleep the iPad.. when the top cover moves when carried in you hand the iPad is turned on and off, on and off, repeatedly without the cover being lifted. I hope this doesn't happen when the iPad is in my bag as this could seriously shorten battery life - I don't know if it does. (This effect is exacerbated when i clip a stylus on to the bridge between the front and back covers.)
Of the multiple viewing positions only the typing position works. Neither of the two stand up right positions stays in place and is essentially worthless.
Also take note of the statement 'in landscape mode' for the viewing options. The cover is annoying in portrait mode as it does not fold flat against the back.

I decided not to send it back because of the covers redeeming qualities: The great price and the neat look.
on May 3, 2012
I hardly ever spend the time to write reviews, but this product is worth the effort.

I spent several hours searching for a case for my wife's iPad HD before purchasing this.
It's hard to evaluate something from photos.
I was afraid that the hinged back was going to be problematic.
With great trepidation, I ordered one, half expecting to be disappointed.
Much to my delight, when we received it, the case exceeded expectations.
The leatherette is supple and attractive, the stitching is clean and straight,
the components are all high quality, and assembled with an attention to detail.
The case adds very little bulk to the iPad, and the snap on back stays on securely.
The cutouts for switches, etc are all well-placed.
The "smart cover" functionality works great.
This case is an excellent value, and exceeds the quality of many of the name brand cases
costing double which I tried out at Target and Best Buy.
Highly recommended.
on January 9, 2014
I purchased this a year ago. I use my ipad in a kitchen, with two other employees, and this cover held up for about six months of heavy use, bending, folding, greasy fingers etc. I washed it every night with Palmolive, since I am very protective of my dear ipad, and it would look like new. After six month of that, it slowly started freying on the etches and got a little too soft in the connection between the front and back. And I don't think any other case if this kind would have held up better. The magnets was ok too.

And for the price, I can only recommend this product. As the matter of fact, the following one I bought, was the same, just in white.

😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.