Poetic Protective Case for The NEW iPad HD / iPad 2 / iPad 3 /iPad 4 with Built-in Folding Cover Blue - Support Auto Wake/Sleep Function (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)
|Price:||$16.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Smooth PU leather cover for automatic sleep/wake functionality and secure closure
- Easy snap-on installation in protective polycarbonate back shell
- Lightweight and protective - enjoy your tablet's true form
- Perfect port cutouts for your headphones, charging cable, and speakers
- Designed for the Apple iPad 4 / iPad 3/ iPad 2. Made by Poetic.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
However... there are a few significant limitations:
1) Cover doesn't fold flat against back when opened so you can't use it flat on table or counter.
2) Cover is "bent" when open, makes it awkward to hold it while reading. Also since the inner corners of the case don't snap into the case but are just held by the magnet, the back case does tend to bend/slip off when you are holding it for reading.
3) When front cover is folded into "triangle", it doesn't have same magnets that the Apple smart cover has.. so it tends to slip
For the money (under $20 shipped!) I think this is a good case, but it could be perfect with just a few minor tweaks. I'm returning this case to try the Poetic "snap back" style case.
This cover is essentially just like the Apple smart cover, but it has 2 slots for your ipad to be able to stand up. The whole front side has magnets inside and the back cover has 2 magnets aswell so your ipad is able to slide out of the back cover and be able to stand up. The quality of the case is great too; not made of material.
Also, it covers all 4 corners of the Ipad.
The automatic wake up/wake on fx works perfectly with this case because the magnets are quite strong (not like sme of the other weak ones i've seen).
Only reason I gave it 4 stars and not 5 is because sometimes it slides out of the 2 slots when standing up but thats if you apply a lot of pressure. But even then because the front is magnetic, it still stands up. All in all, if you want a case that's not to bulky and gives you full protection, I'd go with this one.
******** UPDATE ****** 5/5/12
After a few days the smart cover started getting loose. If you plan on using this on a daily basis and plan on folding the smart cover back, or when you feel like lying down and putting the ipad on your belly and surf, this is not the one your looking for. It will become loose!
Returned for a full refund!
If your only concerns are that the case looks nice, is thin, and can be propped in the typing position, then this case is perfectly fine. If you frequently hold your iPad mostly in your left hand while tapping with your right, you'll find it unweildy on this case (unless you have very large hands, or balance the iPad by its center). If you want a stable upright position, you'll be disappointed.
I will eventually get a different cover, maybe Poetic will improve the design.
1) The black leather look is great. When my iPad is closed it looks fancy and sophisticated.
2) The case is solid. It fits great and works as advertised.
3) The dock feature is great. My gf has a regular iPad cover purchased from Apple and it's so stupid that when you fold the smartcover back the felt touches the table. They get gross. This cover doesn't have that problem.
4) The two docking lines are great. Depending on your seating position you can adjust the screen angle.
1) Yeah it doesn't fold back perfectly. It's a little annoying but not a deal breaker.
2) I wish the grooves for docking had a 3rd line so I could have more options for docking
I recommend this cover.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought one for my iPad after having got one for my wife's Nexus.
Initially I was impressed with its slimness and how well it fitted but after a short time both both became... Read more
Like the case as a protective cover, but it doesn't stand well.Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
Can't remember what I paid for this, but I know it wasn't more than $15. Regardless, it was worth EVERY PENNY! Amazing little case. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Jason Combs
After a couple month of using this case, the seams started ripping eventually leading to the whole thing to rip. I had to buy a new case to replace.Published 6 months ago by Connie He
After 3 years, this case held up well. Good choice if you like the flap.Published 10 months ago by B. Blair