Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 135 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 137 reviews
on January 1, 2015
The first thing that I noticed when I opened this item's package was how soft and pliable the material felt. As soon as I slipped it on I noticed that it definitely added some bulk to my tablet and increased its profile noticeably. However, it took me maybe a couple of hours to get used to that. The added cushioned edges allow for a new way to grip my tablet (see picture), which is a great addition since I felt myself always pressing the sleep or volume buttons by accident. Since this tablet has such a small bezel, it was hard for me to get a solid grip on it without touching the screen. This caused me to drop it several times and is what lead me to purchase this case. The corner bumpers are thick and plush enough for me to assume my tablet would now easily handle a fall unscathed, even if it happened to land on one of its corners. The bezel created by this case provides enough recess for the screen so that I do not worry about setting my tablet face down when listening to music. All buttons are still easy to access and this case fits very well. I would highly recommend this case for anyone.
on September 14, 2015
I got a new Samsung Galaxy tab 4 8.0. I was terrified that I would drop it or crack the screen. Accidents happen! Searching online and in local stores I couldn't find anything that suited my needs. Then, I stumbled onto the Poetic Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 Turtle Series Skin Case on Amazon.com. It seemed like it would be just right. At $16.95 with free shipping the price was certainly right. Lots of cool colors too!

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 Case - Poetic Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 Case [Turtle Skin Series] - [Corner/Bumper Protection] [Grip] [Sound-Amplification] Protective Silicone Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 Black (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)

I opted for the black case. The case arrived in a day. Packaging was great. I really like the corner/bumper protection. The manufacturing process uses a mold release that is a little slippery and can cause your device to be slippery in your hands. Here is a secret tip: Wash the case off in room temperature water before using it. The grip will get much, much better. I also enjoy the sound amplification feature built into the case. It funnels the sound from the speakers and makes it seem louder. You cannot beat the 3 year manufacturer warranty from Poetic. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was that is it a little bulky. The bulk is a good trade off for extra protection of an expensive tablet. I would recommend this case to anyone wanting cost effective protection for their Samsung tablet.
review image
on December 5, 2014
Fits snugly. Made of good quality material. Good design. It can protect my Samsung tablet from bumps and scratches, and especially in case it is accidentally dropped. I am very satisfied with the shipping too, as it arrived earlier than expected. Color is very nice and attractive! I HIGHLY recommend this for anyone who has a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 in tablet!
on December 27, 2015
I have bought a succession of Otterbox Defender cases for my devices over the years. Excellent protection at a high cost, but the TPU rubber outer sleeve always either stretched or ripped in places after about a year. At $60 each yearly, that got ridiculous.
The Poetic case is pure extra firm silicone. It's slightly snug to install and a bit heavy but provides excellent protection from everything but immersion in fluids or direct strikes by a hammer to the screen. And all at a quarter of the price of an Otterbox Defender.
Will it last the entire two year life cycle of my device? I don't know but I can replace these every six months even for the price of an otterbox, so I don't care.
Plus, Poetic has a two year unconditional warranty which makes replacement a moot point.
Some people complain about the velvety feel of the release agent that remains on the silicone case after it is formed. It doesn't bother me, but if it did, I could even wash this silicone case in my dishwasher (without the device of course). It's that durable.
on December 29, 2014
I ordered two of these (different colors) for my kids' new tablets. I aired them out, washed them and let them thoroughly dry before installation. They fit like a glove, are much easier for the kids to grip, and seem to protect the tablets well. So far I love them. The tablets are easy to tell apart and the edges of the screen protectors that I installed should also be protected (to keep from peeling).
on June 25, 2016
This makes your tablet heavier than it would normally be if you use it without a case, but I guess that is the cost of protection. You only notice it at first but you become accustomed to it afterwards. The color and construction is the same as in the picture and it does offer superior protection. My tablet has fallen many times and it doesn't have a single scratch on it besides wear and tear of the screen protector. It is made of silicone which means easy cleaning. It was also constructed to conform to the buttons on the device so you are still able to operate the tablet even though the buttons are covered.

Surely a great buy!
on July 12, 2015
I got a tablet and was concerned with the fact that I have a lot of arthritis in my hands and will be using it on a pool deck where the chances of it fairing well after a drop wouldn't be very good. With this cover, my small hands have an incredible hold even though I have a lot of arthritis in my hands and am very often wet when on the deck.

If this cover were submersible, it would be perfect! As is, I will get a lot of use.
Now this is one of those things that make you wonder why everybody can't make a product this great. I could go on all day, but I won't.
on December 27, 2014
Perfectly fits my son's Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 tablet and does not block any ports or buttons. It is thick enough that I am fairly certain it would protect the tablet from a pretty good fall onto any hard surface with no damage.
on December 20, 2015
Nicely made case. First time trying Poetic and I'm not disappointed. Fits snugly with the Tab.
Only drawback is this thing collects dirt and dust like crazy. But, it is easy to wash.