Points on a Space Age
Customers who bought this item also bought
Documentary looking at the work of experimental jazz band the Arkestra, which was founded in the mid-1950s by musician, philosopher, and spiritualist Sun Ra. The musicians in the band were more than simply band members: they were also disciples, students and companions to their guru leader. All band members where required to learn the philosophy of Ra, and many of them lived with him. It was common for the band to practice for eight hours at a stretch, only breaking for teachings, before going out to play a gig. The band continued in this manner for some 30 years until Sun Ra 'left the planet' in 1993. The band is now under the direction of saxophonist Marshall Allen.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Look for similar items by category
- CDs & Vinyl > Jazz > Avant Garde & Free Jazz
- CDs & Vinyl > Jazz > Vocal Jazz
- CDs & Vinyl > Pop > Vocal Pop
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Documentary
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Music Videos & Concerts
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > TV