YED Save up to 90% on textbooks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 New Year, New You nav_sap_shop_all_hm_cal Shop now Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Beat the Cold with Outdoor Clothing on Amazon NYNN

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,059 reviews(Verified Purchases). Show all reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 6, 2015
I picked Pokemon Y when this generation was released, and I am still playing it. I'm here for Charizard X.

I'm also here to replay the story and side quests. I'm a late middle aged parent, and I've played pokemon from the Gameboy Color on up. This particular series has so much to do, and the IV checker makes the game a dream for people who like to hatch eggs.
on February 15, 2016
It would seem pokemon is starting to really get easier an easier to play & beat, whatever happened to the old ways where we worked for something an felt like we earned it? Now it's like their just giving players the simple life.. an that wasn't what this was all about..

Make a kids version & the gamer version next time, no one likes watching their games get downgraded to PBS level >.>
on December 8, 2013
This game is absolutely amazing! I have played every generation (and possibly version) of Pokemon since the series started and have never been disappointed, but Pokemon X may have just raised the bar! The graphics are stunning and the game-play is just as wonderful as the other generations, if not more so. The ending of the game is heartfelt and touching, and there is nothing about this game that I would make me stop playing it for hours on end.

Pokemon Amie and the Super Training allow you to bond with your Pokemon and train them to your own specifications, not those of the game. Pokemon Amie also allows you a unique look at your Pokemon, and even the oldies (Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Pikachu, Riolu, etc.) are perhaps even cuter than ever! I did notice that Riolu, if you tilt your head from side to side while in Amie, will mimic your movement and ask you to make faces with it! So cute!

I returned to Pokemon Black 2 for about five minutes and was kind of disappointed despite myself. The differences are that great!

I think the one and only thing I would change about this game is this: to add only one Pokedex feature from the previous generations, and that is the Habitat List from Pokemon Black 2 and White 2. It made it a bit easier to tell what Pokemon I had and had not caught, but after a quick Excel Spreadsheet on my nearby computer, that was hardly an issue anymore.

For anybody who loves Pokemon already or anybody who wants to try it for the first time, this is definitely the game to get! Pokemon X is definitely my new top-favorite in 3DS gaming.
on January 19, 2016
First Pokemon game I have played in earnest since the days of Pokemon Yellow on the Gameboy Color, and all I can say is, GOTTA CATCH EM ALL! I truly haven't played any of the Pokemon games since Gen 1, but I loved them dearly. I enjoyed many hours playing, battling, trading, catching, and raising my beloved Pokemon from those days. Recently, my daughter spied Pokemon on Netflix and wanted to watch it, thus rekindling my long, lost, nerdy love for this creatures! In talking with friends I knew who still had played the games over the years, they recommended I get Pokemon X or Y since I now had a 3DS. I chose Y because I liked the legendary better - who can blame me? So far, it is such a wonderful, immersive, and addicting game! Heck, my daughter loves it too. She loves the Poke Amie and petting all of "her" Pokemon (which is to say, cute Pokemon I've caught). The core gameplay is relatively unchanged, and that is a good thing. But the new elements introduced have been introduced so seamlessly over the years, that I had no trouble understanding and adjusting to these newer mechanics. Overall, I am loving my experience and cannot wait to continue the journey!
on April 7, 2014
Great game overall, I liked how Pokemon from older generations were available right from the beginning. However, I feel that it is stripped of many features included in older games, such as: any form of contests, a clearly antagonistic rival, significant post-elite 4 gameplay, difficulty, and a logical plot line. I miss the contests from Gen 3, because they added an element to experience after you've beaten the elite four. Also, the island that you unlock upon beating the elite 4, has only one type of challenge. The side characters are completely one-dimensional, and Lumiose City doesn't make sense to me.

That being said, the massive improvements in online capabilities is truly exciting. The game makes it very easy and quick to trade or battle with players around the world.

In the end, the game is passable for a game in it's sixth generation. If you grew up with the older games, you may be disappointed at some aspects. If you are playing Pokemon for the first time, it should be great.
on January 9, 2017
I'll be honest: I loved the storyline. And the Pokémon variety is why I love these games. They did magnificently with the diverse populace, especially in adding the new type: fairy. I love fairy. As far as my only dislike/preference is that the conclusion of the campaign was almost too conclusive. The Elite Four were easy, and with the map already practically explored prior to completion, catching the "rare" Pokémon was more of a "go here and throw poke ball = check". I wish they had invested into more investment as far as what it takes to catch rare Pokémon.

Otherwise, this is probably tied for third in my favorite Pokémon games and I still find myself dumping hours into its awesome--even if it is just to raise that "one" Pokémon who I know will soon also be replace by the next "new Pokémon" to raise. Haha, but so is the life of a Pokégamer xD It also functions as a perfect "cross/bridge" to some of the new features brought into Sun and Moon.
on October 15, 2013
After Pokemon Black and White 2 launched last year, I was concerned for the future of Pokemon games. I knew they'd eventually return their former glory, but it was a question of when. The time has come. Pokemon X/Y reinvents the franchise by removing tedious "grinding"(game progression being tied to spending excess hours doing similar battles) and adding in new game mechanics, such as mega evolution. The game also features a much improved 3D world. The game feels similar to Pokemon Colosseum, which I absolutely loved. If you have been waiting for a point to jump back into Pokemon or want to give it a go for the first time, this is a great entry point.
on January 1, 2017
Love it!
It has been awhile since I played Pokemon, my last being Omega(I know it came out after Y). I don't remember why, but I didn't really enjoy Omega.
However, I wanted to give it another chance and got to say this might be my favorite so far. I have a short attention span but this game is fast paced and really draws the players into the gameplay. I've put in about 10 hours in in the last 2 days. Everything from the leveling to the percentage of wild animals popping out is optimal in my opinion. I did cheat a little by looking online when choosing the fossil and hunting for Plusle. Other than that, the gameplay is very relaxed. I didn't feel it was a hardship if I wanted to go back to a certain route. I'm absolutely enjoying the game and looking forward to playing Sun after I finish this one.
on June 23, 2014
I bought this as a gift, but has my own copy of it as well. I grew up playing Red, Yellow, & Blue. I was a diehard fan of the games and bought all of them since I was like 8 years old and now I'm 23. My favorite was Soulsilver because it was a remake of what I already loved the most. I actually hated the Platinum, Black, Black 2, etc. series. The new Pokemon were and still are pretty stupid to me at times, not all of them, but a lot are. The gameplay for Black & White was way too easy and baby-like for me. I didn't have high hopes for X/Y, but the fact it was the 3DS and friends told me it was great I had to try it and it's honestly my favorite now. They finally added features I've been wanting since I was 8 and the gameplay is interesting and keeps you going. I bought Y as well just to go through it again! The online features are amazing as well! I love to trade with strangers most of all so I can get Pokemon I can obtain otherwise!
on October 12, 2013
Out of all the Pokemon games I own and have played, Pokemon X (and Y) is amazing! Probably the first time I interacted with other people around the world. This game is definitely worth getting!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.