Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 422 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,082 reviews
on January 10, 2017
I've been noticing some odd things in my game. Such as a "Loading Game. Game can be played." Screen when I started the game, as well when I save the game completely freezes for few minutes and then says I saved and lastly some area I saved in the game glitched. The screen went into a fritz and then goes back to normal after a minute.
Did some research finding out I purchased a BOOTLEG copy. Biggest give away the sticker on the game just a gloss covering.
Really sucks to pay real money for something fake
on May 24, 2017
Awesome. came on time, in great condition.
My copy is an authentic copy. the way to tell is by the writing under the Nintendo Seal, the Nintendo Copyright also being on the chip board (visible from bottom of cartridge). also note the welding on the circuits in the board. it's neat, each ending is circular.
No problems, saves WITH WORKING CLOCK so you can get Regice. Authentic, great quality used copy.
Can gladly indulge in my nostalgia.
review image review image review image
on May 10, 2013
When i got the game i play it the second i turn on my gba. Something pop up on the main screen that i don't recall happen in my other pokemon. It said something about the save file. I went to new game and started playing then when i save it went silent, no noise for 2 second, i was like that weird but continue to play. Then later that day i decide to migrate my pokemon from ruby to heartgold but it wouldn't show up on the title screen on heartgold. I beat the champion and got the nationwide thing on my pokedex. So what the problem? I try different way to move them. Through trade on sappfire, Pokemon game on gamecube, and through my ds systems like original and lite. It didn't work. So went online to find why it was working and someone on youtube who had the same problem said it could be a fake. He even explain and show the different in the origianl and fakes, even went so far to open the game card. I starting to think my fire red could also be a fake. I not sure i find later.
on September 29, 2011
The game itself is great, almost no complaints other than the fact its probably one of the hardest in the series as the Elite Four and Gym Leaders are rather over-leveled and know really good moves.

However, when you're BUYING this game off Amazon, CONTACT THE SELLER AND ASK FOR A PICTURE OF THE LABEL IF POSSIBLE. Check that you don't buy a bootleg version by mistake. There are videos on YouTube that show you how to tell whether if your cartridge is a bootleg or the real deal just by looking at the label. Bootleg versions have faulty save functions no matter how long the cartridge has been used. They will save but your save file is always at a high risk of deleting itself, especially if you're playing it on a DS (in other words, a seller telling you that the game saves properly won't be enough). One sure fire way to tell if you have a bootleg version is if whether there is a message about your save file every time you start up the game. If the game ever says "The save file will be loaded..." or "The save file has been deleted..." when you get to the main menu, then you have a bootleg copy.
on May 17, 2017
Product arrived on time.
Product was functional however it was advertised to have a new battery installed. The battery actually in product was dated 3 years ago.
That being said it does still function.

Also an unwanted storage sticker label was attached to the cartridge upon receiving it.

I cannot speak for other products but the Pokemon Ruby I received was indead legit and not a fake copy.
on May 30, 2016
review image
on February 17, 2015
This game and its other version (Sapphire) are even better than Red/Blue/Yellow and Gold/Silver/Crystal! The Running Shoes are a great addition and help during the time before you get the Bicycle. The two-Bicycle system also is a wonderful idea. The fact that battles are affected by location (field, water, desert, etc.) makes things even more realistic, and Pokemon Contests are a fun little side quest. The downsides are that the Breeding system is harder to use, the day/night function of the clock is gone (as is the option to change the clock for Daylight Savings), and you can't name your rivals, not to mention the games are not compatible with RBY and GSC. Some of the additions also seem a little pointless such as Trendy Phrases. Overall, a great set of games.
on May 2, 2016
After hearing that the save function doesn't work on some Pokemon games, I wanted to make sure that when I purchased Pokemon Sapphire, the save function would still work properly. Because this had a new save battery installed, I figured it would work. I was slightly worried because it seemed to be a tight fit into my Gameboy, but it ended up fine. I turned on the Gameboy and when I saw the Pokemon copyright screen, I started to smile. It was working! I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for Pokemon Sapphire that wants the save function.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 19, 2012
This game is really fun and should not be missed. But some people that sell the game (most all of them) have a fake copy or are trying to sell you a fake copy. These fakes work fine but they will randomly delete all your save data and most of the time not let you transfer your pokemon. These fakes can be spotted by just looking at the game card. If it has a label that's put on poorly (aka by hand) its most likely a fake. One sure way to tell is to look at the inside of the game. If you can see a yellow circle hidden slightly by the sticker on the front, ITS A FAKE. The yellow thing is a battery that's cheaper and wont last as long. But the most sure way to tell if the game is fake is by turning it on. If it goes the the title fine it may still be fake. Pressing start should bring up the the save file. If its say's something like "The game data can be loaded" then "The game can be played" THIS IS 100% SURE A FAKE. I hope this helps any one trying to get a good real copy of this game. The best way to not end up with a fake is saddly just to buy a new one, even though its gonna cost a lot.
on February 16, 2014
My son REALLY wanted this game at the height of his Pokémon faze. He liked it and the old graphics, however, we bought it used and he thought that the seller should have been more honest about condition. It jittered and he got frustrated with it even before he outgrew his faze with Pokémon. He is keeping it with his collection of video game things for old times sake. This has been our only somewhat sad experience with purchasing through amazon. We have been satisfied with ALL of our other purchases. It is the chance you take with buying used products. I did have the chance to rate and/ or complain right after purchase but did not take advantage of the chance to do so. That is not amazon's fault, but my own. I knew it was a faze so EH- I let it go. Enough said.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.