Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon cbsaacflaunch cbsaacflaunch cbsaacflaunch  Echo Dot Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite The Evil Within 2 Shop now

Pokemon X
Format: Video Game|Change

on August 1, 2014
This game is great! I had it originally from the midnight release but it had since gone missing~
Re-bought it here on Amazon! Was a great buy and showed up the next day!

The X and Y series of the games are really something. I really enjoy the customization features because I feel it helps me to make my character more unique to my liking versus having all characters looking the same. It is one of my favorite features! I do wish they would have DLC add-ons for the clothing shops!

I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the online functionality! It makes it easier to connect with others who like pokemon and easier to trade and battle many people all over the world!

The Wondertrade is really fun too! You never know what you will be receiving and there are people who have even turned it into a event ; "Wondertrade Wednesday" , which i might add i do partake in!

This game is great all around, if you like pokemon, you will like this game! This game can carry all of the 718 pokemon including a few new ones that had just come out such as Diancie.

IMO: Get this game if you have not already :)
on February 4, 2014
I am not going to leave a long review, even though I could easily ramble on after only playing this for a few hours.

This is the version that the die-hard fans have been waiting for. Finally, we have a Pokemon game that plays like a true RPG as opposed to a game of grinding, grinding, and grinding.

The graphics are incredible. The music is gorgeous. The character designs, both human and non, are fantastic. The world has been rendered in immaculate detail (you actually kneel down when you talk to small children!). Nintendo has flawlessly blended the beloved, such as Nurse Joy and the PokeCenter theme, with the new, such as the ability to customize your character and mini-games that bond you with your Pokemon as well as increase their abilities.

My only issue is that the camera movements can be a little jarring when you are in small spaces (like your house), as it suddenly moves from a fixed point to right over your character. Thankfully, this doesn't occur much in the overworld, and honestly, this is probably something I'm simply not used to after fourteen years of a fixed camera.

Thank you, Nintendo, for listening to your fans. And if you're still on the fence, my friends, just drop the forty dollars and OWN THIS GAME!
on January 15, 2014
I am from the First pokemon generation. I was a bit skeptical about this version since the last Pokemon generation I played was Pearl. But WOW, X/Y is much better than I had expected. The intro is pretty short which lets you basically begin to play the game. It is pretty much self-explanatory if you have played previous pokemon games. It is like a mesh between all the handheld games with a spice of Pokemon Stadium. X/Y gives you the opportunity to live the Pokemon life you wanted of since you were in the '90s.

There are some old Pokemon and then of course the new ones... hey but don't fret you can still catch Pikachu AND pick your 1st gen starter after you beat the first, yeah I said it FIRST, gym leader. I mean... that's like the best of both worlds really.. you have a starter from this generation and the 1st generation.. AND the opportunity to catch a Pikachu?! Wowwwww.

The graphics in this game is life-like. There is this French/Paris-vibe-esque graphics/music when I play it-- but you know what? That makes it more realistic in my book.

If you have a 3ds or planning to get one then you should definitely add X/Y in your 3ds collection. This new generation of Pokemon is something that I have longed for.
on January 15, 2014
Overall I liked this one. I liked the Mega evolutions. Some of their designs look really great. I like that they only added a few more Pokemon, as the number added in Generation V was ridiculous. I also really liked the limited number of legendary Pokemon, as I felt that was also getting out of hand. I like the horde encounters. It adds a new challenge to random battles, and some Pokemon can only be found in them. Wonder Trade is fun and exciting, and GTS has had several improvements. Now for my criticisms. I thought the story was just ok. The stuff you can do postgame is fairly limited, especially compared to some of the earlier games. For all of the talk of the move to 3D, it really isn't that different from the previous Pokemon games. The game is also a little on the easy side. Even though the Elite Four is one of the highest leveled in the series, I felt like they weren't as though as previous generations, with the possible exception of the Champion. I have mixed feelings about the fairy type. On the one hand, it's nice to finally have a true dragon slayer. There's the ice-type, but that comes with its own baggage. On the other hand, making them super effective against dark and fighting types really makes them too powerful.
on February 12, 2017
Arrived within it's time-frame in a package much larger than was needed to hold a CD as seems to be the new thing for Amazon these days. I wonder if that is where our Prime dollars are now going? This was the number one request on my 12-year-old daughter's Christmas list this year, so she was over-the-moon when she opened it. From what I can gather, it has lived up to her expectations. She talks about it all the time, going into quite a bit of detail that I do not understand or follow, but it obviously excites her tremendously because she will talk about it for hours, and play it even longer if I allowed her to. The graphics seem to be ... graphicy. There are Pokemon. You play with them. OK, hang on, I will bring in the expert. This is what she has to say. "When you play Red, Blue or Yellow, the graphics are manageable, but when you move up to Pokemon X, the graphics are AMAZING. You can see the Pokemon battle, and you can see the moves that they use. Like, if you use 'dig', you can see them dig down. And if you use 'fly', you can see them fly up. And 'greninja', when it uses my favorite move, water shuriken, you can see it throw the shurikens however many times the move hits, and it can hit up to five times. So you just see the shuriken fly at the opponent and it looks really cool!" About the game she says: "It is a really fun game. You start off in a town where your mom is a famous Rhyhorn raiser and then you find that Professor S. decided to pick you and four other people to become a Pokemon trainer." (Oh, so your Ash!) "So there are three starting Pokemon. There is the Grass Type Chespin. The Fire Type Fenniken. And the Water Type, Frokie." (She chose Frokie). "There is a bad team that you have to defeat." (She can't remember their name, among other people you have to battle.) "One of the coolest parts I think to the game is that you can Mega Evolve Pokemon." (Whatever that means.) "There are tons of different Pokemon that can Mega Evolve. And if you like the final evolution, it will go back to its form after it battles. There are a few like Charizard, Mew, and Venosuar that Mega evolve, so Charizard will Mega Evolve into Charizard X, who is black with blue flames coming out of it's mouth. Mew X - and tons of other ones like Aerodactlye, and the two fossile Pokemon that are exclusive to X and Y that can't Mega Evolve yet, but they are very cool. It was hard for me to decide between them. But in the end I picked Amora. Once you get toward the end, you can catch the legendary Xerans, which I haven't caught yet, but I really want to. I haven't gotten that far yet. In the previous Pokemon games I have played, the gyms are basic and simple. But when I went up to Pokemon X, all the gyms are just SO COOL. My favorite gym so far is the Psychic Type Gym. It's like a big Sphere Maze. You have to locate the gym leader. There are a whole bunch of different trainers that you don't have to battle, but you get so lost you end up having to battle them." That's it for her review. If you have questions, she will be happy to answer them. I'll be happy to pass them along because I know nothing.
on January 5, 2014
At the age of 23 I've grown up enough to have abandoned the television series long ago, but I'll admit I still love these games. For me it was one of the absolute most anticipated games of 2012. i don't regret pre-ordering it at all. Speaking as someone who began playing the games at the tender age of 8 with the release of Pokemon Yellow the graphics are epic this gen, Everything from traveling o hanging with friends is better than in this generation. Meeting up with your friends so often made me nostalgic for the classic TV series where Ash always had Brock and Misty with him. My favorite part other than the overall ambiance of the new game was the gyms themselves. many of them were interactive and fun and just plain great to look at. I also loved shopping in the big cities for clothes, hats and accessories. Although, I do so wish you could buy accessories for your Pokemon as well. O so wanted to get Squirtle sunglasses for old time's sake ya know? Ultimately, I don't think any Pokemon fan new or old will be disappointed by the game overall with it's vast improvements. Even the NPC trainers are cooler this time around.
on November 10, 2013
I bought this game for nostalgia really. I had a 3ds given to me as a gift that I hardly ever used, and wanted to reminisce about the old days of Pokemon Blue. I bought Pokemon Black 2 to get back in the swing of things, but I hardly played it knowing that this release was only a couple weeks away.

I was pleasantly surprised on how well Pokemon X/Y felt playing. The pokemon I used felt powerful, and you get the perfect nostalgia factor by picking one of the original 3 relatively early in the game (of course I used Squirtle since it was the first Pokemon I ever used). The new fairy type is a great addition, and no one group felt way more powerful than the others.

My one gripe is that with the easiness of trading online and exp sharing, the game felt extremely easy. That said, this is coming from someone in their 20's playing a game designed for a young audience remembering playing Pokemon when he was much younger. Your pokemon level quickly, and you don't really have to spend time getting stronger before continuing your journey.

All in all, a beautiful game that will provide many hours of enjoyment to both those new to the franchise and those that have played the games over the years and wanting to give the new version a try.
on October 7, 2015
An amazing leap ahead in gameplay graphics compared to all the previous generation of Pokémon games, even the newer Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. This game was actually designed from the ground up for the 3DS and takes advantage of the faster system as well as a new battle system and core game play. Pokémon X and Y definitely made a huge improvement that you do not want to miss out.

Note: Although Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are also amazing games in their own right, they are simply a 'reboot' or 'remaster' of the original versions designed for the Gameboy Advance and a lot it shows through. The game will sometimes feel a bit 'off' and slightly clunky at times. The experience in X and Y is a lot smoother.
on June 20, 2014
There are seven hundred and eighteen Pokemon. Seven hundred and eighteen. Actually, more than that - there's three more Pokemon hidden in the game's code. Not to mention the new Mega Evolutions, changes to the type match-ups, alterations of existing moves, abilities, and Pokemon's stats, and the brand new Fairy Type. If you thought you knew Pokemon, you're in for a surprise.

Pokemon X and Y are by far the most ambitious project by the developers at Game Freak. The graphics are not merely updates from the previous games, Black 2 and White 2; they're complete overhauls, and they look fantastic. Everything is now a cell-shaded 3D model - the human characters, the buildings, the items, even the Pokemon themselves. No more pre-made 2D projections. This means the camera also has greater freedom, and Game Freak makes excellent use of this. Vibrant camera angles make this game a work of art.

The music is also phenomenal. Rather than using MIDI tracks which were historically shared with the sound effects, the 3DS now uses pre-rendered music for a more fluid sound. Now that the chip is freed from the task of processing MIDI input in real time, it can focus on other tasks. Like the graphics. Did I mention the graphics are amazing?

Pokemon X and Y come with a ton of sweet new features. I won't go into all of them, but the highlights include character customization, real-time communications via Spot Pass, Pokemon-Amie, and so much more. To find them all and get their full effect, you have to play the games yourselves.

There are not many differences between the two games. The only differences are in the Pokemon that appear, and also slight changes in the story. Of course, this could be said of any other pair of Pokemon games. You can choose between the two, or you can get them both. Pokemon X and Pokemon Y are available for purchase either as a physical game card (i.e. this product) or as a Nintendo eShop download (requires a Nintendo Network account and a credit card for purchase).

I have both games and love the experience, but now I'm getting hyped up for the next release in November. Expect my review of those games around this time next year :P
on September 8, 2015
I've been a longtime fan of the Pokemon games, ever since I got a copy of Blue for Christmas. This game doesn't disappoint! I'm still working on some of the content, but that's what happens sometimes when you're a grown up gamer. I'd recommend this game for anyone who's old enough to understand how the 3DS works on up. The online (almost completely anonymous, using your made up username, a trainer image as avatar, and country/state ID [because there are advantages to having Pokemon from other regions]) interactions for trading are really fun. and you can build a full collection early on from just that if you want or go with just in game Pokemon too.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.