Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 616 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 789 reviews
on November 2, 2014
Pokemon heart gold and soul silver are the best pokemon remakes. Great graphics,sound track,and improvements. Fire red and leaf green were amazing remakes,but heart gold and soul silver are better. Great gameplay,awesome game.

Improvements

1.Pokemon stay out of their pokeballs-The pokemon in the front of your team stays out of its pokeball. This is alot like pokemon yellow. Your pokemon can give items sometimes,so talk to it.
2.A story with suicone-Sort of like crystal,heart gold and soul silver has a story with suicone.
3.Pokewalker-You can transfer your pokemon into the pokewalker,and it gains experience by walking around and holding it.
4.Trade wirelessly-Like diamond/pearl/platinum,you can trade wirelessly and trade from diamond/pearl/platinum.
5.Running shoes-The original gold and silver never had running shoes. Now,you can run where ever you want.
6.New legendary pokemon-More legendary pokemon to catch. The honnen trio needs a event by beating the story,and the shino one need an event,too. Not sure if their still able to get. Probley not. But,you can get latias(in heart gold). Or latios.(in soul silver). You can even get mewtwo!!!! And even celabi!!!!(but,that was another,event,not sure if it's still possible to do it).
7.Three starters-the kanto,johto,and honnen starter pokemon are available.
8.Mount.Silver has been remade-Mount.Silver is where the final boss of the story is. Sadly,it's remade into a difficult maze.

Gameplay=9/10

Everything is awesome about the gameplay. It's much better then gold and silver. The only problem is,is that the pokemon levels are so low!!!! Real hard to train. Overall,awesome!!!! Best pokemon story!!!! Two regions,16 badges,hundreds of pokemon,and tons of puzzles!!!!

Graphics=10/10

Great graphics!!!! Much more realistic then other pokemon games. Awesome quality,color,and effects. Best graphics for a pokemon DS game.

Difficulty=10/10

Yes,this game is hard. Clair,the 8th gym leader,is so HARRRRRRRRRRRRRD!!!! It took me forever to beat her. Morty,the 4th gym leader,....HE'S SO ANNOYING!!!! ALL HE DOES IS HYPNOSIS AND DREAM EATER!!!! And then,lance....I've played the original pokemon silver,lance was a pain. His dragonites drive me crazy!!!! He has to be strong in this one.(never made it to lance in the remakes). Overall,hard game,but still great.
Music=10/10

Awesome music!!!! Best pokemon soundtrack ever!!!! The remix of the kanto wild pokemon theme is awesome!!!! So is lances and reds theme. The music for the game beats the new music!!!!

Overall,this game is amazing. This is one of the best,pokemon games. Highly recommended to anyone who never played gold or silver. Wonderful remake,of a beloved classic. One of nintendos greatest remakes.
on November 27, 2013
Bought this like new and so far it works! Soul Silver (and heart gold) is more than the remake of gold and silver... it is like a mesh between yellow version (your 1st pokemon in the party actually walks behind you!) along with the graphics from black and white (3d-esque graphics)! Honestly, I love this game! I've only put in 2 hours so far but I honestly I fell in love with Soul Silver as soon as I played:)

I haven't had any issues with this game yet. I'll report in a week or 2 about the gaming experience... or if the game glitches.

--- update 12/5/13---
I now have 7 badges and haven't had any glitches or blackouts! Props to the seller for being honest about the product.

--- update 3/26/2014 ---
The game still works. Buyer beware that there are counterfeits out there.
on April 15, 2016
Ended up finding out now the game is fake, while I was playing after the 4th gym on my way to the 5th, I did a save and shut off. After I reloaded the game the game loaded with a black screen with the music playing low. Very unhappy about this. I spent 34$ on what I thought was a used one. Buyer beware.
review image review image
on October 11, 2011
Ok, I admit it...I'm a nostalgia whore. The moment I saw that Gold/Silver were being remade, I wet myself. Then promptly after that, I cryed a little (They're remaking the best games in the pokemon series, but they didn't remake Crystal!) I got over it though, as they incorporated the elements from Crystal, and even Yellow, my second favorite pokemon game.

I *stupidly* pre-ordered the game back around Spring '10, rather than wait the Sunday it was released to pick up the game at my local Gamestop, so the game arrived late...Well late for me that is. It did eventually arrive after a few days, so all was well. Mostly well anyways. My mother intercepted my package, and then lectured me on why a (at the time) 17 year old should not be playing video games.

I brushed off the cruel comments, and off I went, to Jhoto...

And suddenly, I went back in time; back when I was a 10 year old brat. My first choice was at first going to be Chikorita, 'cause back then, I thought it was kinda cute, but then I decided to see all of my other potential starters: Cyndaquil...and then I saw it...The greatest pokemon of all time...

Needless to say, the moment I got this game, it was a given that my partner in crime was going to be Totodile. Best pokemon of all time FTW. <33

I beat the Elite 4 in under 20 hours in about 2 weeks time, which is a ridiculously long time for me to play the average pokemon game. I was too busy nostalga-ing to care, though. Currently have about 200 hours of game time, and I have about nine generations of pokemon on that gamechip: All three starters and party pokemon from LeafGreen, and Sapphire; and two of the starters from Sinnoh.

I love this game. <3
on April 6, 2017
So much fun i actually bought this used and ended up getting my first shinny so before you buy new just think about buying it used never know you may end up with a beast profile which you can use to trade pokemon over to a fresh copy! so yeah don't delete the account and start over at least look at the pokemon on the file first to see if there are any gems because i ended up with a shinny ninetails as well as many other shinnys ! So i recommend getting it used than i can't blame you for getting it new!
VINE VOICEon May 18, 2010
I won't go into all the features of Soul Silver because by and large this is nothing more than an upgrade of previous games. There are zero new Pokemon but there are huge opportunities to fill in gaps in collections. I managed to obtain some of the rarest Pokemon that I've never had a chance to snag before including Mewtwo and Ho-oh. Even many of the non-legendaries that were still tough, if not impossible to get in previous games are available. For me the starter Pokemon may be harder to get than legendaries since you only get your choice of one of three when the game starts with the other two being completely unavailable. One nice thing about Soul Silver is that it gives you a starter Pokemon from Kanto and later in the game one from Johto and one from Hoenn. I managed to get a Cyndaquil, Squirtle and Torchic in one game. None of the ultra-rare event only Pokemon like Mew, Arceus and Celebi are available without, again, going to an event (and I hear a rumor that Mew will be available eventually in a WiFi event that anyone can easily get). So that's it for what's available to those who want to "catch `em all". What I will focus my review on is the one new big feature of the series, that being the Pokewalker.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Pokewalker existence is a direct response to the growing epidemic of child obesity. The big question is whether it's properly designed to meet its goal. I found that the Pokewalker exceeded my expectations and might just open up a new frontier in gaming. The Pokewalker is a pedometer that can also serve as a kind of pseudo Pokeball. In fact it's even designed to resemble a Pokeball except for the fact that it isn't spherical. In order to get your Pokemon into the Pokewalker you need to place it in front of you DS and press a button to connect and the data will stream over. Naturally you can also return your Pokemon and a good day of moving about should raise you Pokemon up a level as well as increase its happiness. As a pedometer the Pokewalker will count the amount of steps you take and store up `watts' that can be traded in for chances at Pokemon or items. Any watts left over when you return your Pokemon to the DS will get saved and when you collect enough watts new areas for walking open up. When I say areas I'm referring to the area that your Pokemon will walk in and the other Pokemon you encounter will differ based on the area you send your Pokemon. For the player, running, biking, riding the elliptical, doing housework, walking to school and so on will generate watts. For ten watts a player has a chance to catch a Pokemon using the three buttons on the Pokewalker. For 3 watts a player can try for an item. Catching a Pokemon is pretty simple and you'll probably succeed more often than fail except in the case of harder Pokemon. Using a Wifi event I opened up a route called Winner's Path and had a heck of a time getting Munchlax, one of the few Pokemon that continues to elude me. There are unlimited balls and any damage to your Pokemon heals at the beginning of each battle. There are three levels of Pokemon per area and the more steps a player accumulate in a day the rarer Pokemon they can catch.

The Pokewalker succeeds because it encourages players to move around quite a bit in a single day in order to get better Pokemon and it encourages them to stay active by having environments that are locked until hundreds of thousands of watts are accumulated. There are just tons of Pokemon available in the Pokewalker including some that are quite difficult to obtain. The best one I saw was Spiritomb but that one requires a whole lot of watts so a player will need to move around quite a bit. There are no legendary Pokemon in the Pokewalker and personally I think it would have been nice if it included something like Celebi although perhaps it's difficult to limit a capture to just one with the Pokewalker which would mean player could conceivably load up on multiple legendaries if one was available. I really can't say whether kids are actually moving about more to capture more Pokemon but this is definitely the kernel of an idea that could take off. It's quite likely that video games bear at least some measure of responsibility for childhood obesity and it's nice to see Nintendo trying to reverse the trend.
on March 21, 2016
I had been looking or this game for a while now and most of them were between 200 - 400 bucks which was kind of annoying but then I found this one and got it for only 129 brand new so I am very happy with the purchase. There were times I had forgotten to check the release dates of new Pokemon games and missed the release of both Heart Gold and Soul Silver and when I realized I was missing those from my collection which contain every other game. I went to look for them and they were so expensive that I decided it wasn't going to be worth it. However I really needed both of them to complete my collection so I looked for the cheapest yet brand new at the same time. I don't really trust those that sell their games used to be in good working condition, that is why I stick to buying them brand new. One thing is for sure I will never again miss any more games because they get so expensive after a few years.
on February 21, 2016
An amazing game to the series of Pokemon! Personally I think the gen 2 remakes (Soul Silver & Heart Gold) are some of the best games in the series. They have tons more jam packed into them than the others, including the fact that it has 2 regions. (Johto AND Kanto!) They also have the cute feature of the Pokemon walking around with you, & also some of the best gyms. I'd for sure recommend this game to any player. Whether a former or new Pokemon gamer. This is one that you can for sure get into.
on May 14, 2016
When I try to open a saved game, it goes to a black screen and never opens the saved file. Not playable.
I bought this game cuz I still have my Pokemin Gold version for GBC! But I wanted a better shot at capturing the legendary lions Pokemon Gold version doesn't have. Plus I like Lugia better then hoho! So soon I will do the migrate Pokemon thing if I'm able to find sum1 with a DS and GBA with Pokemon Emerald or 1 of the others for GBA. I can't migrate my Pokemin now because I'm playing this game on my 3DS. Never owned a DS. I like the 3DS concept better then the DS so I waited 4 the next console. But overall I'm having a blast with this game, I also should mention I'm 2nd generation Pokemon lover. Because the newer Pokemon look retarded. Since Ruby and Saphire they just got worse. The Pokemon look like trashbags, chandeliers, icecream cones, gear wheels. Keep them the hell away from me.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.