Truck Season Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Pokemon HeartGold Version
Format: Video Game|Change

on February 21, 2016
An amazing game to the series of Pokemon! Personally I think the gen 2 remakes (Soul Silver & Heart Gold) are some of the best games in the series. They have tons more jam packed into them than the others, including the fact that it has 2 regions. (Johto AND Kanto!) They also have the cute feature of the Pokemon walking around with you, & also some of the best gyms. I'd for sure recommend this game to any player. Whether a former or new Pokemon gamer. This is one that you can for sure get into.
2 people found this helpful
on December 5, 2013
I totally Love It!! Everything especially scenery graphics are remastered and the battle songs and others were remastered as well. Though I must say that it's just not the same as the old classic Gold version. Cause out of all honesty I thought the Gym battle theme in Kanto was just amazing.

The best part of all the game is that once you Defeat ALL 16 Gym leaders you can get this device that changes the game audio to it's classic GameBoy sound with that being said it gives you the feel of good ol memories from when you were a kid playing Gold and Silver on your Game Boy Color. And what makes this game even more Interesting is that on a certain day and time each gym leader will be taking a break from their Gym and go off some where. That's where you come in and find them, When you do, talk to them and you will get their phone Number for your Poke' Gear and they even tell you what day and time to call em for a rematch.

This time they're tough with their new team. Especially some of their pokemon are from the Sinnoh region. And what makes this game better than the Original is that You can collect lots of phone numbers even more than the Original cause on the Original you were only able to keep a certain amount to the point where you had to delete some to make room for some. Which that didn't make it any easier... And the Battle Scene is just Beautiful especially the fight with team Rocket.

If you're a Pokemon fan and you loved Gold and Silver. GET THIS NOW!!!
You won't be sorry!! And this is a MUST HAVE
on November 4, 2014
Ordered this used from Amazon Warehouse Deals and I was surprised to see how well the game worked and the great quality it arrived in for being a used game. So far I haven't encountered any problems yet with this game and I love playing it when I have the time. I remember when both versions of Pokémon Silver and Gold came out for the Game Boy Advance and I would play countless hours on Pokémon silver until I lost it. I'm so glad that they reformatted the game for the Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi. Playing Pokémon HeartGold Version reminds me of my childhood and brings back good memories. I haven't got too far in the game yet but it looks like there are some new added features that the previous Versions did not have. One of these awesome features is that your lead Pokémon can now follow your character around as you walk which is really awesome. Overall, for being a used game sold at a fair price for good quality what more could you ask for.

Pros: Great price and Quality from Amazon Warehouse deals for being a used game.
Fast and Speedy shipping.
Awesome extra features that previous game didn't have.
Game can be played on Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi, and Nintendo 3DS XL
Brings back good childhood memories.

Cons: There are none.
on February 27, 2016
Bought this game back in the day in person from Gamestop, but bought it here for my SO. I remember loving this game and the new features it brought over the previous generation and the additions it made over the original Gold/Silver line. If you can get one with the PokeWalker, get it. It's very easy to level up Pokemon like that and there technically are ways to trick it into thinking you're walking.
VINE VOICEon April 9, 2010
We bought this for our 7 year old for Easter. He was so excited to get it, and the first couple of days ran around, and ran around counting his steps on the Pokewalker - which is a fancy little pedometer. I worry about how much use he'll actually get out of the Pokewalker. It seems to have limited appeal. I'm sure he'll continue to play with it from time to time, but the real appeal is the game itselt. He has collected quite menagerie of pokemon, and lots of items, which is what he likes to do. Like his older brother's love for the earlier Pokemon games, our younger son loves them just the same.

He hasn't used the journal or connected with other Pokewalkers yet, so I can't comment on those features.
on June 26, 2011
I haven't beaten Heart Gold Version yet, but I've gotten pretty darn close. You see, I grew up with Pokemon. As an 18 year old, I was in the middle of all the hype back in the day of old school GBA cartridges. So I played Red, Blue, Yellow; Hell, I even played Green version on a special Japanese Game boy when I lived on the Air Force base in Yakota, Japan. I got both Gold and Silver versions when they came out; Loved em. Needless to say, Pokemon and Nintendo were a very big part of my childhood. I never really could get into Pearl/Diamond Versions; I borrowed Pearl from a friend for a bit. But when I heard that they released Heart Gold/Soul Silver versions as remakes for the DS, I was soooo stoked! I immediately got all nostalgic for the good ol' days of staying up late under the covers, playing the crap out of Silver/whatever. Man did I go through so many AA's back then... HA!

The premise of the Pokémon series is this: You are a boy or girl wandering through the world trying to catch as many of several hundred elusive creatures, known singly and collectively as Pokémon, as you can. Once you leash one and it becomes part of your menagerie, you then train it and make it more powerful by carrying it around and deploying it in battles against other trainers.

So Pokemon HG/SS are back and better than ever. Here's an overview of all or most of the features. If I forgot anything, well, tough noodles. Here we go;

- Heart Gold is nice looking and fairly pretty, with the same engine used for Diamond/Pearl versions. Especially impressive is the 3D animated Ho-Oh/Lugia flying or swimming. Honestly, the Lugia animated intro looks totally bitchin' compared to the simple(yet nice) Ho-Oh animation. But don't let that affect your decision.
- The PokeGear is back and better than ever, with a menu that stays open at all times, for ease of use.
- If you remember way back in Yellow version, how Pikachu follows you everywhere? Well, the same thing happens in HG/SS versions; the difference being, it's the first Pokemon in your party that follows you, regardless of what Pokemon. So even if you have a huge Pokemon like Lugia or Groudon or SOMETHING as your first, primary Pokemon, they WILL follow you. But because they're so damn big, they'll return to their poke balls when you enter buildings. Caves and forests? Psht, you're good to go!
- Pal Park; my best friend. Pal Park is something that was introduced in Diamond/Pearl versions. Here's what it is; Pal Park enables you to permanently transfer over any 6 Pokemon of your choosing from any GBA version of Pokemon, EXACTLY AS THEY WERE. For instance, if you had a level 88 MewTwo with a "Impish" nature, and a certain set of moves; you can transfer it over to HG/SS as soon as you reach the town with the safari zone(name escapes me at the moment. Yeah. That's awesome. In fact, I've been replaying my copy of Ruby version just so I can transfer over a Rayquaza for my epic team of epicness in my HG version. One thing, though; your DS has to have a GBA slot for the GBA Pokemon games, otherwise your SOL..
- You can now do Gym Leader Rematches. That's pretty self-explanatory..
- Because of the Pal Park system, and the ability to trade with Diamond/Pearl versions, AND the advent of the Action Replay cheating device, it's possible to get pretty much ALL THE POKEMON EVER IN THE WORLD in HG/SS versions. Oh, excluding, of course, the newly released Black/White Versions.
- There are some new areas created specifically for the sake of putting new things in. For instance, there is some tower or something that is accessible after beating Trainer Red. In this area, it's possible to capture either Groudon(SS) or Kyogre(HG). You can even get a Rayquaza, but you gotta have both Groudon and Kyogre FROM SS OR HG. They also changed the Suicune story a little bit. But don't worry, purists, it's just fine the way it is.
- The Poke Walker; Everything about the PokéWalker is focused on walking, a pedometer built into the device counts steps taken throughout the day, resetting to zero at midnight, but storing the information along with a complete index of everyday you've spent with the device. Walking is like a currency as it builds up "watts" that are used to play two activities available directly on the device. I can choose to carry Pokémon in my pocket and achieve results by simply going through the motions of my day, adding to the game while doing some of those occasional aggravations that take me away from it, such as work, family, eating, and sleep. It doesn't really matter whether the PokéWalker is in the hands of a kid or in ones belonging to someone looking to get a bit nostalgic with the Pokémon series, the device makes us all equal when I gladly admit that I'm leaving a meeting to take my HootHoot for a walk. I'm going to put it out there and say that the whole package here makes this game a far more rewarding deal than that RPG getting all the noise this month, not to invite a frivolous argument, but because I dare you to pick this up and try to act disinterested.

Sorry about the wall of text, but uh.. yeah. Enjoy! I hope this was informative and helpful! :)
4 people found this helpful
on November 27, 2013
A great remake of the original Gold and Silver versions of the game. I have not tried the pokewalker and minimal wireless interactions. But the new pokedome is fun to play and adds a new fun mini game collection. An off setting addition is the national dex. Many would view this as a plus but from a person who stopped playing pokemon shortly after gen three, seeing the trainers battle with later gen pokemon in the Kanto region is frustrating.

All and all it really is a good buy.
on August 1, 2010
I bought this game pretty much entirely because I used to play Gold and Silver back in the days of Game Boy Color. My girlfriend bought the SoulSilver version, and it's been great times for both of us so far. This is a great recreation and enhancement of the original Pokemon Gold game. If you didn't like that one, this probably isn't for you. That being said, if you did like it, you're also in for some additional fun from there - with the addition of new Pokemon, new areas, multi-battles, DS Wireless, online play (if you can find a WEP-encrypted wireless connection, that is), and more, it's a blast. If you're used to the old Game Boy Color graphics like I was, the graphics will totally blow you away too.

One of the things I dig the most about the game is actually the cheesy little peripheral included with it: the Pokewalker. It's a pedometer that you can load one of your Pokemon into, and it gains experience and Watts as you walk. The more you use it, the more little paths you uncover, and the more you can find on it. I think it's a cool way to level up a Pokemon while I'm living my real life, especially for Pokemon like Magikarp or Ditto that can be somewhat tougher to level up on their own. The device surprised me by how inconspicuous it can be: sure, it's shaped like a Pokeball, but it's tiny and you can mute it and stick it in your pocket, and voila! Having a pedometer is also kind of a neat way to encourage a little extra exercise, or appease your morbid curiosity about how many steps you take at work. You can also play on the Pokewalker a little bit and either find items or catch other Pokemon, which then transfer back into your game. Pretty sweet stuff!

My least favorite thing about the game is that I can't find a suitable wireless connection to play on WiFi. I have a DSi, and it can connect to pretty much any wireless network you need it to for its own internet purposes, but it HAS to be a WEP-encrypted connection for any games to work. It seems short-sighted of Nintendo to design games that rely on what is very quickly becoming outdated internet protocol. Long story short, some McDonalds or libraries may have the connection you need, it seems none in Flint do. There are ways around this, and I'm looking into this - there's apparently a USB Bluetooth adapter that can do the job, but either way, it's pretty challenging. Of course, many home routers can be switched between WEP and WPA, I just happen to have one of the few that can't.

Long story short, if you like any of the previous Pokemon games, buy this one. It's a blast. It's also very different from the other Generation IV games, i.e. Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, so don't worry if you have any of those - this is still a fun investment.
3 people found this helpful
on June 21, 2010
I got into Pokemon as an adult (when I was a kid I thought it was the nerdiest thing ever, though!), so I haven't played all of the games. But I've played Fire Red, Pearl, and Platinum. The graphics were great and I loved some of the "new" features. You can now do a lot more with the touch screen on your DS than you could in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. (Such as save the game, access your items). And your party's first pokemon follows you around, which is pretty adorable. You can turn around and talk to her and see if she's happy. :) The best part about this game is that it has two worlds in one - so instead of beating 8 gym leaders and the elite 4, you beat those, but then ANOTHER 8 gym leaders and the elite 4 again - only in the second map, the gym leaders are a LOT tougher, and the elite 4's levels go up significantly for your second go-around. You can also rematch the gym leaders from the previous map once you've beaten the Elite 4 the first time around (either read an online walk-through to figure out how to do that or go back and talk to each of the gym leaders and they'll explain how to set up the rematch).

All in all, definitely worth it, if for nothing else than the improved gameplay!
One person found this helpful
on March 4, 2012
For those of us who were kids when Pokemon first hit the U.S., this game will feel like home. A decade later and I still remember the game play from the original Pokemon games on the gameboy. The pokewalker is a great addition which allows you to essentially download and store a pokemon from your P.C. on a pedometer which assists you in leveling your pokemon up. It is completely telling that the used version of this game are generally lacking the pokewalker. It is worth your money to purchase this game full price. Additionally, the game is still available at traditional retailers which speaks volumes about the game itself, its popularity despite not being 3ds compatible. I strongly recommend both Heartgold and Soulsilver as enjoyable gameplay, even for those adults such as myself who are reliving their childhood gaming experience. Its even better around the second time with full color!
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.