Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Wonderstruck Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

Pokemon HeartGold Version
Format: Video Game|Change

on November 27, 2013
Bought this like new and so far it works! Soul Silver (and heart gold) is more than the remake of gold and silver... it is like a mesh between yellow version (your 1st pokemon in the party actually walks behind you!) along with the graphics from black and white (3d-esque graphics)! Honestly, I love this game! I've only put in 2 hours so far but I honestly I fell in love with Soul Silver as soon as I played:)

I haven't had any issues with this game yet. I'll report in a week or 2 about the gaming experience... or if the game glitches.

--- update 12/5/13---
I now have 7 badges and haven't had any glitches or blackouts! Props to the seller for being honest about the product.

--- update 3/26/2014 ---
The game still works. Buyer beware that there are counterfeits out there.
I won't go into all the features of Soul Silver because by and large this is nothing more than an upgrade of previous games. There are zero new Pokemon but there are huge opportunities to fill in gaps in collections. I managed to obtain some of the rarest Pokemon that I've never had a chance to snag before including Mewtwo and Ho-oh. Even many of the non-legendaries that were still tough, if not impossible to get in previous games are available. For me the starter Pokemon may be harder to get than legendaries since you only get your choice of one of three when the game starts with the other two being completely unavailable. One nice thing about Soul Silver is that it gives you a starter Pokemon from Kanto and later in the game one from Johto and one from Hoenn. I managed to get a Cyndaquil, Squirtle and Torchic in one game. None of the ultra-rare event only Pokemon like Mew, Arceus and Celebi are available without, again, going to an event (and I hear a rumor that Mew will be available eventually in a WiFi event that anyone can easily get). So that's it for what's available to those who want to "catch `em all". What I will focus my review on is the one new big feature of the series, that being the Pokewalker.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Pokewalker existence is a direct response to the growing epidemic of child obesity. The big question is whether it's properly designed to meet its goal. I found that the Pokewalker exceeded my expectations and might just open up a new frontier in gaming. The Pokewalker is a pedometer that can also serve as a kind of pseudo Pokeball. In fact it's even designed to resemble a Pokeball except for the fact that it isn't spherical. In order to get your Pokemon into the Pokewalker you need to place it in front of you DS and press a button to connect and the data will stream over. Naturally you can also return your Pokemon and a good day of moving about should raise you Pokemon up a level as well as increase its happiness. As a pedometer the Pokewalker will count the amount of steps you take and store up `watts' that can be traded in for chances at Pokemon or items. Any watts left over when you return your Pokemon to the DS will get saved and when you collect enough watts new areas for walking open up. When I say areas I'm referring to the area that your Pokemon will walk in and the other Pokemon you encounter will differ based on the area you send your Pokemon. For the player, running, biking, riding the elliptical, doing housework, walking to school and so on will generate watts. For ten watts a player has a chance to catch a Pokemon using the three buttons on the Pokewalker. For 3 watts a player can try for an item. Catching a Pokemon is pretty simple and you'll probably succeed more often than fail except in the case of harder Pokemon. Using a Wifi event I opened up a route called Winner's Path and had a heck of a time getting Munchlax, one of the few Pokemon that continues to elude me. There are unlimited balls and any damage to your Pokemon heals at the beginning of each battle. There are three levels of Pokemon per area and the more steps a player accumulate in a day the rarer Pokemon they can catch.

The Pokewalker succeeds because it encourages players to move around quite a bit in a single day in order to get better Pokemon and it encourages them to stay active by having environments that are locked until hundreds of thousands of watts are accumulated. There are just tons of Pokemon available in the Pokewalker including some that are quite difficult to obtain. The best one I saw was Spiritomb but that one requires a whole lot of watts so a player will need to move around quite a bit. There are no legendary Pokemon in the Pokewalker and personally I think it would have been nice if it included something like Celebi although perhaps it's difficult to limit a capture to just one with the Pokewalker which would mean player could conceivably load up on multiple legendaries if one was available. I really can't say whether kids are actually moving about more to capture more Pokemon but this is definitely the kernel of an idea that could take off. It's quite likely that video games bear at least some measure of responsibility for childhood obesity and it's nice to see Nintendo trying to reverse the trend.
on March 21, 2016
I had been looking or this game for a while now and most of them were between 200 - 400 bucks which was kind of annoying but then I found this one and got it for only 129 brand new so I am very happy with the purchase. There were times I had forgotten to check the release dates of new Pokemon games and missed the release of both Heart Gold and Soul Silver and when I realized I was missing those from my collection which contain every other game. I went to look for them and they were so expensive that I decided it wasn't going to be worth it. However I really needed both of them to complete my collection so I looked for the cheapest yet brand new at the same time. I don't really trust those that sell their games used to be in good working condition, that is why I stick to buying them brand new. One thing is for sure I will never again miss any more games because they get so expensive after a few years.
on February 21, 2016
An amazing game to the series of Pokemon! Personally I think the gen 2 remakes (Soul Silver & Heart Gold) are some of the best games in the series. They have tons more jam packed into them than the others, including the fact that it has 2 regions. (Johto AND Kanto!) They also have the cute feature of the Pokemon walking around with you, & also some of the best gyms. I'd for sure recommend this game to any player. Whether a former or new Pokemon gamer. This is one that you can for sure get into.
I bought this game cuz I still have my Pokemin Gold version for GBC! But I wanted a better shot at capturing the legendary lions Pokemon Gold version doesn't have. Plus I like Lugia better then hoho! So soon I will do the migrate Pokemon thing if I'm able to find sum1 with a DS and GBA with Pokemon Emerald or 1 of the others for GBA. I can't migrate my Pokemin now because I'm playing this game on my 3DS. Never owned a DS. I like the 3DS concept better then the DS so I waited 4 the next console. But overall I'm having a blast with this game, I also should mention I'm 2nd generation Pokemon lover. Because the newer Pokemon look retarded. Since Ruby and Saphire they just got worse. The Pokemon look like trashbags, chandeliers, icecream cones, gear wheels. Keep them the hell away from me.
on June 13, 2014
What can I say, really? It's Pokemon. If you've played any other Pokemon game, you know how the formula works.

So, let me talk about what they added in this game that makes me like it so much.

Pokemon followers.

Being able to have any of my Pokemon follow me around on the overworld and interact with me and the area around us. Their actions change depending on their nature, the area you're in, and how much of a friendship the two of you have. My favorite one so far was when my Espeon got cold and so she snuggled up against me. It just adds so much character to the monsters.

There are other good things too, but as Crystal was my first Pokemon game, most of what I like probably has something to do with Nostalgia.

There are a lot of better reviews on this site, so please, check them out for more detail.
on November 17, 2013
Unfortunately, the game which was sent to me was defective. That is NOT the seller's fault, because it was a brand new copy, sealed, and it happens. It's not the first time I've gotten a defective video game, DVD, CD, etc... I sent the seller an email, and hope to hear back soon.

I could only play up to the fourth gym before my game crashed. I have restarted the game and it freezes a lot. After beating Ecruteak City's gym, if I save and turn the game off, I'll never be able to reload it again. So, my point here is that I can only comment on that far into the game.

I started with Cyndaquil. It has a moderate growth, not too fast, not too slow. Good stats, and good for beginners (though I am not a beginner at Pokemon games). Chikorita was a no because even though I like it a lot, it takes a long time for it to get good attacks and stat moves. Totodile learns Water Gun at level 6 and Rage at level 8, so if you want to play a faster game, choose this one. Usually for my main team I go with grass, fire, water and electric, then pick two other types at random. This time I just abandoned grass completely. Caught a Spearow first, which is a really great flying type. It's quick, and it learns Pursuit early on, which is great for Ecruteak Gym. I also got a Caterpie, which isn't super impressive until it evolves in Butterfree. Butterfree is my strategy Pokemon for sure. I was elated to find a Mareep next. Mareep has overall great stats, but I find getting a good nature a little tough. Still, it has a great move pool, and is one of my favorite electric types (close second to Luxray). I'm a sucker for Poison types, so I went with a male Nidoran. It is a great Pokemon to have once it evolves into Nidorino. Also useful since it learns Double Kick, thus having the Fighting type advantage for the Azalea Gym. (When I can get farther in the game, I will get a Poliwag as my water type).

My issues with the gameplay are as follows:

1. Too much running back and forth between New Bark Town, Cherrygrove City and Violet City. Way too much time is spent on the egg, which hatches a Pokemon that I have no plans to use for my team (though others might, because it is very rare).
2. Azalea Gym is far too overpowered. Normal types are strategic, but that girl's level 19 Miltank was faster than my level 23 Fearow, and that is NOT okay. The amount of damage it can do with Stomp is ridiculous as well. Miltank doesn't stay asleep for very long either.
3. Finding TM's and HM's, as well as fishing rods, is a pain. I'm pretty thorough with Pokemon games, but I sometimes feel totally lost on the map.

Other than that, I do recommend playing this game. I hear many good things and I can see why just from the small amount I've played it.
on August 21, 2015
This game is fantastic for any Pokemon lover!! Not only does the game add a feature seen only briefly in the 4th generation games and was debuted in the original special Pokemon Yellow, the Pokemon first in your party follows you around and can interact with the environment, often picking up items that can be used later on. This game allows for those who were maybe too young when the original second generation came out to relive some memories, after one has finished the first 8 gyms and has completed the Johto region, it is the possible to travel to the Kanto region and relive the original story there. The game also manages to implement new technology and new areas that were previously unheard of before thus allowing players to connect their games to future generations of Pokemon, the game also adds legendary Pokemon from various other regions, though the Pokedex cannot be completed without cooperation and trading with other players, thus prepetuating the games founding principles of forming bonds.
on November 4, 2014
Ordered this used from Amazon Warehouse Deals and I was surprised to see how well the game worked and the great quality it arrived in for being a used game. So far I haven't encountered any problems yet with this game and I love playing it when I have the time. I remember when both versions of Pokémon Silver and Gold came out for the Game Boy Advance and I would play countless hours on Pokémon silver until I lost it. I'm so glad that they reformatted the game for the Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi. Playing Pokémon HeartGold Version reminds me of my childhood and brings back good memories. I haven't got too far in the game yet but it looks like there are some new added features that the previous Versions did not have. One of these awesome features is that your lead Pokémon can now follow your character around as you walk which is really awesome. Overall, for being a used game sold at a fair price for good quality what more could you ask for.

Pros: Great price and Quality from Amazon Warehouse deals for being a used game.
Fast and Speedy shipping.
Awesome extra features that previous game didn't have.
Game can be played on Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi, and Nintendo 3DS XL
Brings back good childhood memories.

Cons: There are none.
on September 22, 2013
As a kid, I started off with Ruby being my first Pokemon game. However, I did manage to get my hands on an original Crystal and started playing it. When Soul Silver and Heart Gold came out I said that I had to have it. The graphics are your good Diamond and Pearl ones and the battle speed was fixed from them. (Platinum was fixed for this problem as well) The game story is great, especially the fight with, SPOILER ALERT Red from the original games. His Pokemon are around level 90. As an anniversary of Pokemon Yellow they added any Pokemon to be able to walk with you outside of its Poke ball. I thought this was one of the games greatest aspects as my Shiny Alakazam and Magnezone can appear shiny even as they follow you. The Poke walker is kind of a failed try to get kids to be more active but you can attach it to your dryer and get mad points... Anyway I think this game might be the best Pikemon game made so far. No joke. I'm serious. 10/10

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.