Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 246 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 350 reviews
on May 16, 2017
I was hesitant at first but the game seems to work fine. Received the Singapore one but it appears to be alright. Will update if I find any problems but so far I like it. Pricey, but it's a great game.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on October 11, 2015
Great game, a lot of content (game-in-game, like underground exploration), seems somewhat harder than later versions because pokemons are
allowed to have all sorts of moves, not just the ones related to their own type(s). A normal pokemon can hit you with a psychic move, for example.

The Pokedex has a huge (500) number of entries, seems like a combination of Sinnoh and Johnto regions.

Looking forward to battling and capturing the legendary pokemons.
on December 15, 2013
This game has to have been my favorite game until X&Y came out. Roselia was definitely my favorite pokemon to come from this generation. I almost cried when I could get a house in-game because I felt like Nintendo was making me a resident in my childhood dream (even though you couldn't decorate or anything).

I was severely disappointed in the seller because I received a bootleg copy and only realized it a year later when it didn't work properly when I wanted to trade my Pokemon from it to another game.Please research and inspect any products with the help of a search engine to be sure that the one you receive is legit.
on April 5, 2017
Definitely recommended over Diamond and pearl. They're great as well but platinum takes the cake.
on June 8, 2014
While not particularly my favorite generation of Pokemon games Platinum improved upon the game play of diamond and pearl. By adding the addition of the new legendary and various other story elements it accomplished what I feel the other two (pearl and diamond) could not.

If you are new to the DS versions of Pokemon look forward to the inclusion of the touch screen on the bottom. It has some fun screen savers, clock and various other gadgets that help you in your journey.

If you like Pokemon then you must get this to complete your collection.
on July 14, 2011
What can I say? The Pokémon games are arguably the most addicting games out there. Second maybe to Nokia's Snake game, perhaps. With Diamond, Pearl, and especially Platinum, these people have really outdone themselves. I love the way the game uses the technologies of the DS to enhance (rather than dramatically alter) gameplay, and with ways to interact globally, this is what I've been hoping for since the introduction of Blue Version and Red Version. The storyline is beautiful, and moves much more smoothly and quickly than Ruby.

As with most Pokémon games, the only real downside to this game is that without consistent attention, some of the features of the game are less useable, and it can get frustrating if you can't figure out a particular puzzle or find a key item. But these are part of the genre, and not really faults of the game itself. I'm looking forward to finishing this one--as best as any Pokémon game can be casually "finished".
on February 23, 2013
So, this game is going to be delivered to me today, I am a bit behind on the Pokemon games seing as how I went through a "no gaming" period when I was being worked like a little sweatshop kid at the fast food place I worked at, but I am now back home taking care of my mother and I have time to actually get back into the gaming, so I am looking forward to this game, I've seen a lot of videos about it and I cannot wait to play it. I know for a fact it'll be awesome, I mean, come on. It's POKEMON!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 22, 2010
Pokemon Platinum

I have waited over ten years to play a Pokemon game. I liked the idea of training your own army of Pokemon to do battle against other users or the PC. Pokemon Platinum doesn't fail to deliver, but there are some upsides and downsides to the game. First, Pokemon Platinum is not really a new game. It is a rehash of Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl. Apparently Nintendo likes to do this with its Pokemon franchise. There are only 210 or so Pokemon you can catch using just the Platinum game. In order to catch all 493+ Pokemon, you must have access to the old GameBoy games and be able to insert the cartridge while playing. That means if you only have a Nintendo DSi (like me), then you're up a creek without a paddle. But wait, you could theoretically trade with a buddy assuming your WiFi security is crippled to allow only WEP pass codes. If you use WPA2, you're up a creek without a paddle (again) if you want to use Nintendo Wi-Fi connection inside the game. It just won't accept a WPA2 passcode even if your DSi will connect (using the advanced setup for WiFi). Long story short, if you want to catch and train every single Pokemon possible, make sure you at least have the capability to load a GBA cartridge, have a buddy with access to the hardware/games, and use a crippled WiFi connection that depends on WEP passcodes.

The graphics are awesome in my opinion. I love how many of the Pokemon are depicted in a warm and friendly manner. Even the fiercest of Pokemon look relatively docile in the artwork. The sound and music are apropro for the game, while the controls are very intuitive. If you've played a turn-based RPG game like Final Fantasy, Pokemon Platinum will be almost second nature.

I took my time and was able to defeat Cyrus within 40 hours of gameplay. However, there's also the Elite Four of the Pokemon League along with other side quests to capture legendary Pokemon. The level grinding took the most time. I also do not like how I have to buy health replenishing items or status healers. Games like Oblivion have done away with the need to buy 30,000 health potions. Using healing magic or abilities would have been nice in Pokemon, or even health regeneration. Running back/forth to the Pokemon centers became a pain in the butt. Granted, the Pokemon game engine was developed more than a decade ago, but Nintendo could have put the effort to refresh it a little. I do not have time to play Pokemon all the time, so I delegated level grinding as a chore whenever I have to fly on business. The countless hours spent waiting at the airport and sitting on the plane are now put to use leveling up my Pokemon.

Pros: Awesome artwork! The Pokemon look very friendly, cute, and huggable. Great sound effects although they could have made it more like the cartoon using actual audio (Pika Pika!). I'm not sure how large the capacity of the DS cartridges is, but seeing how I can easily get 2GB-8GB SD cards that are ½ the size, it's a matter of Nintendo keeping up with the times. Simple combat interface.

Cons: Level grinding, buying health and status healers, and sometimes it isn't obvious what you need to do to progress the story. The menu system is often cumbersome - depositing/withdrawing Pokemon in Bebe's PC takes too long, saving sometimes takes too long.
You need to invest in the older games, a DS/DS Lite (not a DSi), and have a buddy ready to trade in order to catch every Pokemon or at least get their data into your Pokedex. Also make sure your Wifi is capable of inferior WEP security in order to use Nintendo Wi-Fi connection.

Overall: 4/5 stars
on July 12, 2010
For any die hard Pokemon game enthusiast, this version will make an extremely entertaining and fresh addition to his or her collection. There are so many new features that make this version unique and interesting compared to others. One is the graphics which have been re-vamped with 3D textures built in with the classic sprite animations. A second is the new wide range of brand new Pokemon to capture and collect. Big fan of the classics? After one surpasses the Elite Four a new area is opened which is inhabited by all the originals for those old school players. A third great feature is the amount of activity. After the Pokemon League I had played for over 40 hours and that doesn't include the places available after the fact. The Battle Frontier is a facility where trainers just battle and is much better than in previous games with more challenges. All in all its a great game with tons to do, and everything is good the second time around. Only downside? Your "rival" is your best friend and is the most annoying rival ever. EVER. He has long dialogu and its all annoying. But he only takes up .1% of the game. Its a great game I recommend it to anyone who's gotta catch 'em all. 5 Stars
on February 1, 2017
It arrived on time however the game was missing it's instruction booklet which unfortunately I assumed would have come with the game. Also the plastic that the game was wrapped in seemed loose and thinner than usual so it's possible that the game was refurbished and not new.
Otherwise the game is great. It plays just fine and everything.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.