Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Format: Video Game|Change

on January 22, 2018
Pokemon Platinum

This is just a warning to anyone buying this game. They are selling Singapore, Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Malaysia versions of this game. The game itself is the US version of the game, and is a legit copy of the game but for any collectors out there the biggest problem is that is comes with no manual, the box is very flimsy, and there are issues with stickers being applied to the label. It comes sealed in the proper Y format and is a legit re-release for that region that says copyright 2016. Keep an eye out for these as they are not fake copies as I initially thought. I am a bit disappointed with my purchase because I was hoping to add it to my collection with original box and manual. At least I can play it.
5 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on May 16, 2017
I was hesitant at first but the game seems to work fine. Received the Singapore one but it appears to be alright. Will update if I find any problems but so far I like it. Pricey, but it's a great game.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
7 people found this helpful
on January 4, 2018
The game came shrink wrapped, yes. But without instruction booklet, the clips were loose, and its not the U.S. version. It's U.A.E. Saudi Arabia / Malasia / Singapore which I never heard of. The game plays, but the picture and description are lies.
review image
3 people found this helpful
on December 15, 2013
This game has to have been my favorite game until X&Y came out. Roselia was definitely my favorite pokemon to come from this generation. I almost cried when I could get a house in-game because I felt like Nintendo was making me a resident in my childhood dream (even though you couldn't decorate or anything).

I was severely disappointed in the seller because I received a bootleg copy and only realized it a year later when it didn't work properly when I wanted to trade my Pokemon from it to another game.Please research and inspect any products with the help of a search engine to be sure that the one you receive is legit.
3 people found this helpful
on March 14, 2018
Love the fact that I got the game, be aware however that if you want the original cover, this is not it! It is from a different region and it has a small logo in the front stating that much. Now that may not be a big issue for many but I thought I got the original cover ( I knew the price was too good to be true) Nonetheless the game is new and it came wrapped so I can't fault the seller.
on February 9, 2018
This is game is a better improvement over Diamond and Pearl. With more places to explore like Giratina's dimension and catching more Pokemon to use for your battles. If you didn't get Diamond or Pearl then this Platinum version is the one you should get.
One person found this helpful
on June 8, 2014
While not particularly my favorite generation of Pokemon games Platinum improved upon the game play of diamond and pearl. By adding the addition of the new legendary and various other story elements it accomplished what I feel the other two (pearl and diamond) could not.

If you are new to the DS versions of Pokemon look forward to the inclusion of the touch screen on the bottom. It has some fun screen savers, clock and various other gadgets that help you in your journey.

If you like Pokemon then you must get this to complete your collection.
2 people found this helpful
on January 22, 2010
Pokemon Platinum

I have waited over ten years to play a Pokemon game. I liked the idea of training your own army of Pokemon to do battle against other users or the PC. Pokemon Platinum doesn't fail to deliver, but there are some upsides and downsides to the game. First, Pokemon Platinum is not really a new game. It is a rehash of Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl. Apparently Nintendo likes to do this with its Pokemon franchise. There are only 210 or so Pokemon you can catch using just the Platinum game. In order to catch all 493+ Pokemon, you must have access to the old GameBoy games and be able to insert the cartridge while playing. That means if you only have a Nintendo DSi (like me), then you're up a creek without a paddle. But wait, you could theoretically trade with a buddy assuming your WiFi security is crippled to allow only WEP pass codes. If you use WPA2, you're up a creek without a paddle (again) if you want to use Nintendo Wi-Fi connection inside the game. It just won't accept a WPA2 passcode even if your DSi will connect (using the advanced setup for WiFi). Long story short, if you want to catch and train every single Pokemon possible, make sure you at least have the capability to load a GBA cartridge, have a buddy with access to the hardware/games, and use a crippled WiFi connection that depends on WEP passcodes.

The graphics are awesome in my opinion. I love how many of the Pokemon are depicted in a warm and friendly manner. Even the fiercest of Pokemon look relatively docile in the artwork. The sound and music are apropro for the game, while the controls are very intuitive. If you've played a turn-based RPG game like Final Fantasy, Pokemon Platinum will be almost second nature.

I took my time and was able to defeat Cyrus within 40 hours of gameplay. However, there's also the Elite Four of the Pokemon League along with other side quests to capture legendary Pokemon. The level grinding took the most time. I also do not like how I have to buy health replenishing items or status healers. Games like Oblivion have done away with the need to buy 30,000 health potions. Using healing magic or abilities would have been nice in Pokemon, or even health regeneration. Running back/forth to the Pokemon centers became a pain in the butt. Granted, the Pokemon game engine was developed more than a decade ago, but Nintendo could have put the effort to refresh it a little. I do not have time to play Pokemon all the time, so I delegated level grinding as a chore whenever I have to fly on business. The countless hours spent waiting at the airport and sitting on the plane are now put to use leveling up my Pokemon.

Pros: Awesome artwork! The Pokemon look very friendly, cute, and huggable. Great sound effects although they could have made it more like the cartoon using actual audio (Pika Pika!). I'm not sure how large the capacity of the DS cartridges is, but seeing how I can easily get 2GB-8GB SD cards that are ½ the size, it's a matter of Nintendo keeping up with the times. Simple combat interface.

Cons: Level grinding, buying health and status healers, and sometimes it isn't obvious what you need to do to progress the story. The menu system is often cumbersome - depositing/withdrawing Pokemon in Bebe's PC takes too long, saving sometimes takes too long.
You need to invest in the older games, a DS/DS Lite (not a DSi), and have a buddy ready to trade in order to catch every Pokemon or at least get their data into your Pokedex. Also make sure your Wifi is capable of inferior WEP security in order to use Nintendo Wi-Fi connection.

Overall: 4/5 stars
4 people found this helpful
on March 24, 2013
If your a fan like me, repetition isn't a problem, the story line varies only a little bit, but it is still a fun world to explore, and experience, as well as adding to your Pokemon collection. This one is hard to find so if you want it for your collection, get it while you can. There aren't many left. I don't know many other adults who enjoy this, but I love it. Adversaries faint but do not die, and bad guys learn their lesson at the end. (yeah I know, a bit sweet and chessy, but I still enjoy playing.)

JRM
on August 20, 2017
Still can't finish the game but love it so far, after long time in the third generation it was time for new things.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.