Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Travel Accessories Book House Cleaning girlss6 tgirlss6 girlss6  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 238 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 342 reviews
on December 29, 2016
Was a little pricey considering the game is used but it is a Pokémon game so that's what happens. It reset and it works so im happy and super excited to play it. I'm a big fan of Pokemon so I was so excited to see this game for sale after being unable to find it used in any video game stores.

it wasn't a fake which I saw people taking about in the reviews of this game so I was concerned. I bought mine from CaveGames so maybe that seller is safe? Overall I got lucky because you have to be careful when buying Pokémon games sometimes people are selling fakes or games that don't work.
on October 11, 2015
Great game, a lot of content (game-in-game, like underground exploration), seems somewhat harder than later versions because pokemons are
allowed to have all sorts of moves, not just the ones related to their own type(s). A normal pokemon can hit you with a psychic move, for example.

The Pokedex has a huge (500) number of entries, seems like a combination of Sinnoh and Johnto regions.

Looking forward to battling and capturing the legendary pokemons.
on June 29, 2015
The Game itself is amazing, it's one of my favorite pokemon games. Although I bought from this seller and when I try to play the game on the ds lite home screen, and 3ds, the game says "The save data could not be accessed. Please turn the power off and reinsert the DS Game card." This is a pain, so now I can't play my favorite pokemon game. Does anyone know what I can do?
on December 17, 2013
What can I say about this game that hasn't been said already? Platinum was essentially my first Pokemon game, and it's largely responsible for my diving headfirst into the wonderful world of Pokemon ever since. It's because of Platinum that I waited with baited breath for X and Y to come out last October, refreshing the eShop on my 3DS. My love of Pokemon is because of this game. And it's because Platinum is probably one of the best games in the entire series.

The music and the atmosphere are done really really well, and the battles get very challenging, particularly the Elite 4. Man, that was a tough ride. I admit, I got a little teary-eyed when I did finally beat the Champion. And there's so much to do after you beat the game, as there should be. Legendaries to catch, dexes to complete, a restaurant in the Battle Zone where you can re-battle different gym leaders every day!

If you love Pokemon, I don't see how you won't love this game. It's a stunning addition to a wonderful series.
on August 31, 2011
This game is awesome! I bought diamond and platinum, knowing barely anything about 4th generation Pokemon. I have played many different Pokemon games over the years and noticed which ones are better than others. Encountering Pokemon Platinum was a totally new experience for me as I had been waiting forever to know what this game was, how it was, and I was practically dying to see the pokemon firsthand. Beginning the game I loved how it unfolded the story into the new world of pokemon in the Sinnoh region as you encounter the new people and then the new pokemon. Although this game is technically an expanded version of diamond and pearl, it is also filled with so much more. In platinum you'll encounter both Palkia and Dialga, the two major legendary pokemon that most everyone wants. Also, you get to encounter Giratina, a pokemon that guards, and is more powerful than, Palkia and Dialga. Sadly, however, you cannot get Arceus without a cheat code which is not advisable as it probably will mess up your game.
Also, there are some legendary pokemon I don't know about, so yes, there are more legendary pokemon than I've said. Finally, there is no pokemon in platinum where you must use a master ball to catch it.
Most awesome to me is the availability of pokemon and the new ways of finding them. The graphics also, now literally almost 3D, are off the charts amazing. Although this game, like diamond and pearl, bear the glitch functions to different codes and such, which cause damage to the game, the game in itself is a wonderful turnout as you really don't need the codes.
I have to be honest, playing 3rd generation pokemon games, and lower, and then playing 4th generation, especially platinum version, blew my mind away.
For anyone unsure of which games are best out of Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, I highly recommend Platinum; as it contains all the pokemon on both diamond and pearl and much more. Platinum is filled with even more characters, events, and fun games as well. Everything in Platinum from beginning to end is totally amazing thing. Pokemon platinum, in my opinion, is a five star, need to get game for any pokemon fan.
In closing, a few last things:
1. The game has no original flaws or glitches without cheat codes or such.
2. Cloning, as I have found out from other sources can damage your game, and by damage, I mean it can erase your game file and make you start over again. Thus, again, cheat codes highly not recommended.
3. On a lighter note, take time to enjoy the game, it really is fun, and is probably the best, or one of the best pokemon games ever made. In my opinion, the best.
4. For the Global Trade Station, you will need to be connected to the internet via cable or possibly a routers internet connection. (Router possibility is unconfirmed by me so do not expect that method to work based solely on my word).
5. As the trainer tips in the game say, talk to everyone you see, trust me, the rewards are staggering. Although, not everyone you talk to will give you something or tell you what you need to know, trust me, you still gain something from the conversation such as advice in the game or a new admiration for something. (If you don't care about the admiration of things or advice, please don't blame me or the game for discomfort as these things are put there to show a personal side to the game and are wonderful bits within the game).

Even though, I'm sure that there is an even longer list than I have written here to explain game details and how awesome the game is, I hope this review helps others and explains well enough for everyone.
All in all this game is a great find for any pokemon fan, and I hope everyone, old and new pokemon fans, can enjoy this game as much as I have.
Thanks for reading.
Update 9/13/11:

1. I have recently found out that it is possible to trade from the union room trading any pokemon at any level with any item or move to any pokemon game that pokemon platinum can trade to. This rule applies also to Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. I do not know however if this rule applies to pokemon Black, White, Heart Gold, or Soul Silver.
2. Trading in the underground or over the World Trading Station in Jubilife City you must connect through a router. Although, I have read something about using a cable, I have no idea how that works, however, I have found that the game states that it must be able to pick up wireless activity. By necessary inference, this implies that a router is used. I also believe that the game itself states this fact. However, although the Underground is, I think, but do not know, okay for trading from, the World Trading Center in Jubilife has been proven a non-advised route for trading pokemon. My advise for trading is like the old days. Try trading through the union room only. I know this takes away from the whole world trading idea, but, this will save your game from damage and/or wipe. Sorry for any trouble, but I just advise you meet up with friends you know, meet in the union room and trade their.
I think that's all I have for now, if I find anything else helpful I'll be back with a future update. Anyway, in the meantime, I thank you for reading, and hope this helped you.
on January 7, 2015
Pokemon Platinum is the third part of the Diamond and Pearl Pokemon games. Being third it has a few features that the other two don't have and a few twist and turns. being able to work as diamond or pearl story wise you an have a choice between legendaries you will be able to catch. Being a little dated now it does not have the 3D looks of Pokemon X/Y, and OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire, it is still a great game with newer concepts than the GBA games. Playing RPG games and collecting stuff really is neat in how the game can be made easier or harder by what pokemon you play with or how leveled they are. This is a good game series for light RPG lovers.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 22, 2010
Pokemon Platinum

I have waited over ten years to play a Pokemon game. I liked the idea of training your own army of Pokemon to do battle against other users or the PC. Pokemon Platinum doesn't fail to deliver, but there are some upsides and downsides to the game. First, Pokemon Platinum is not really a new game. It is a rehash of Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl. Apparently Nintendo likes to do this with its Pokemon franchise. There are only 210 or so Pokemon you can catch using just the Platinum game. In order to catch all 493+ Pokemon, you must have access to the old GameBoy games and be able to insert the cartridge while playing. That means if you only have a Nintendo DSi (like me), then you're up a creek without a paddle. But wait, you could theoretically trade with a buddy assuming your WiFi security is crippled to allow only WEP pass codes. If you use WPA2, you're up a creek without a paddle (again) if you want to use Nintendo Wi-Fi connection inside the game. It just won't accept a WPA2 passcode even if your DSi will connect (using the advanced setup for WiFi). Long story short, if you want to catch and train every single Pokemon possible, make sure you at least have the capability to load a GBA cartridge, have a buddy with access to the hardware/games, and use a crippled WiFi connection that depends on WEP passcodes.

The graphics are awesome in my opinion. I love how many of the Pokemon are depicted in a warm and friendly manner. Even the fiercest of Pokemon look relatively docile in the artwork. The sound and music are apropro for the game, while the controls are very intuitive. If you've played a turn-based RPG game like Final Fantasy, Pokemon Platinum will be almost second nature.

I took my time and was able to defeat Cyrus within 40 hours of gameplay. However, there's also the Elite Four of the Pokemon League along with other side quests to capture legendary Pokemon. The level grinding took the most time. I also do not like how I have to buy health replenishing items or status healers. Games like Oblivion have done away with the need to buy 30,000 health potions. Using healing magic or abilities would have been nice in Pokemon, or even health regeneration. Running back/forth to the Pokemon centers became a pain in the butt. Granted, the Pokemon game engine was developed more than a decade ago, but Nintendo could have put the effort to refresh it a little. I do not have time to play Pokemon all the time, so I delegated level grinding as a chore whenever I have to fly on business. The countless hours spent waiting at the airport and sitting on the plane are now put to use leveling up my Pokemon.

Pros: Awesome artwork! The Pokemon look very friendly, cute, and huggable. Great sound effects although they could have made it more like the cartoon using actual audio (Pika Pika!). I'm not sure how large the capacity of the DS cartridges is, but seeing how I can easily get 2GB-8GB SD cards that are ½ the size, it's a matter of Nintendo keeping up with the times. Simple combat interface.

Cons: Level grinding, buying health and status healers, and sometimes it isn't obvious what you need to do to progress the story. The menu system is often cumbersome - depositing/withdrawing Pokemon in Bebe's PC takes too long, saving sometimes takes too long.
You need to invest in the older games, a DS/DS Lite (not a DSi), and have a buddy ready to trade in order to catch every Pokemon or at least get their data into your Pokedex. Also make sure your Wifi is capable of inferior WEP security in order to use Nintendo Wi-Fi connection.

Overall: 4/5 stars
on December 1, 2012
I've played many pokemon games in my life. My very first was Gold Version for the gameboy color. Lately i've slacked off in playing pokemon games, though. The last one I played through was Emerald Version. I missed Diamond and Pearl, Black and White and Black 2 and White 2. I had to catch back up as quick as possible. I knew Pokemon Platinum was the best way to go since it was Diamond and Pearl put together. The story is engaging and the formula is the same that everyone loves. Pokemon don't seem to have the same creative touch that they've always had, but they aren't too shabby. I love that it's so familiar to the older ones and even better when they put older pokemon in the game such as Pikachu or Ponita. The story is deep and interesting but can be a little confusing at times. I think the game is definitely worth the buy and I would recommend it to any pokemon fans out there who would like to continue their journey to be a pokemon master.
on March 5, 2014
I bought this with the full expectation that it is a pokemon game and with that not much change to.the battle system or graphics but honestly the developer's got lazy and reused so many graphics for the interiors of buildings but the outside looks better and there are also 3dish graphics and such but in all honestly this games is not eye candy.

Everyone knows why to buy a pokemon game if you want a deep strategy game with slot of collectibles and such but also to build your team from the usual fire,water, grass starters but even then honestly it has slot to do in the game and places to explore but in the end if you want to decide on this or soul silver, heart gold go with them instead or black 2 ,white 2
on February 1, 2017
It arrived on time however the game was missing it's instruction booklet which unfortunately I assumed would have come with the game. Also the plastic that the game was wrapped in seemed loose and thinner than usual so it's possible that the game was refurbished and not new.
Otherwise the game is great. It plays just fine and everything.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.